Diezel Herbert Prototype #3

csplayer089

Ran across this on Reverb

https://reverb.com/item/25578601-diezel ... type-3-red

Very interesting. Any backstory on this?

1jP4WnZ.jpg

saw this amp for long time on German eBay, for half price, then some smart ass guy bought it to resale.

csplayer089":2t430l1q said:
The circuitry is most definitely different (Prototype #3 versus Prototype #1). However, the “appearance” in the grill and the lateral triangles and italicized slits/openings are not. When I met Peter for the first time at the CA Anaheim NAMM convention back in 2003 (16 years ago), he showcased his first Herbert and if I remember correctly with the same frontal appearance. My first Herbert (out of a total of 4) had this same frontal grill configuration – though with silver face and black backplane. I liked the appearance but Peter as he always does decided change it up for production which is fine by me.

Herbert is a one-of-a-kind guitar amp, completely non-comparative in its class and its simplicity is extremely deceptive.

Giga.Blast":2haorpuo said:
csplayer089":2haorpuo said:
The circuitry is most definitely different (Prototype #3 versus Prototype #1). However, the “appearance” in the grill and the lateral triangles and italicized slits/openings are not. When I met Peter for the first time at the CA Anaheim NAMM convention back in 2003 (16 years ago), he showcased his first Herbert and if I remember correctly with the same frontal appearance. My first Herbert (out of a total of 4) had this same frontal grill configuration – though with silver face and black backplane. I liked the appearance but Peter as he always does decided change it up for production which is fine by me.

Herbert is a one-of-a-kind guitar amp, completely non-comparative in its class and its simplicity is extremely deceptive.

Your comments on this forum are utterly bizarre.

JimmyBlind":1xkohte3 said:
Your comments on this forum are utterly bizarre.
Much obliged. It has come with 16 years of rigorous playing, recording and gigging with Herbert.

Nice sweet Herbert !! But is it very very different from the current Herbert MK2 ? Does it has a wider dynamic range? And lastly will anybody get this at this price... i could have gotten a new herbert mk3 and still have left over cash...

hopkinWFG":282qecru said:
Nice sweet Herbert !! But is it very very different from the current Herbert MK2 ? Does it has a wider dynamic range? And lastly will anybody get this at this price... i could have gotten a new herbert mk3 and still have left over cash...

I tried buying it. He said he'll only take bank transfer and hasn't updated since. I'm a bit skeptical if this is a real listing as I offered quite a bit even as the MK3 was released and he ghosted me after I said that a bank transfer offers no practical buyer protection so I'd like an alternative...

Back