need VH4 blown tube help

splatter

I put el34 tubes in my VH4 and I accidentily broke the guide off one of the tubes. during the corse of biasing the amp my bias probe started acting up and I was focused on it. So I plugged the tube in wrong.
It blew the tube fuse , the LED on the tube fuse,the 2 watt 2.2k resistor on the LED,and the 2 watt 1K screen resistor.

I replaced all this and I still can't get more than about 9mv at that tube. I also can't find a schematic of the power section of a VH4.
I'm no amp tech but I have built a few amps and I have decent Trouble shooting skills.

I can bypass the tube and the LED with a 1 ohm resistor to ground coming off of pin 8 and read the bias voltage. So this makes no sense at all .

The only real difference in the repaired circuit and the original is Diezel says use a 20ma LED, mine is a 28ma

Any help is appreciated or if anyone knows where I can find a pwr amp schematic for the VH4 that would be good also .

And yes I know I should have just checked the bias at the resistors coming off of the sockets but old habits kicked in so I was using the probe

Just keep going.

04f5ec7a50093d29f299144fb85c7dea09a9003ffd232e55a2f1d1356dc5e139.jpg

Just put the amp out in the street when you're done with it.

I mean, you damage a 4000 dollar amp trying to measure the bias and you're still feeling qualified to fix the mess you have created.
Don't you think the poor amp has had enough of your care?

Future owners would certainly appreciate of that.

ouch! That was harsh.

I do think you may be in tough without a schematic at this point, and you are probably not going to find one.
Your best course of action may be to contact Peter and find out where the closest Diezel service tech is at.

And nothing wrong with using probes. It's nice to see what the plate voltage is.

I still think that someone who damages an amp by measuring the bias should not even try to repair it. Better for the amp, better for his safety.

Vin Diezel":362rpz9m said:
I still think that someone who damages an amp by measuring the bias should not even try to repair it. Better for the amp, better for his safety.

Didn’t really ask for your opinion. What I did ask for was help on finding a schematic. Go troll some one else’s thread . It was a stupid mistake and I’ve kicked myself plenty over it .

To be clear ,
I repaired the amp. I can bias it using a bias probe or using the 1 ohm resistor off pin 8 method.
I just can't bias it using the method Diezel suggest. I'm pretty sure that is because of the difference in the LED . I will know for sure just as soon as I get the correct led.

You can say what you want: In the end it's always Peter who has to fix the amps when people do their hack jobs. It's just not right. :dunno:

Vin Diezel":12yoyhe0 said:
You can say what you want: In the end it's always Peter who has to fix the amps when people do their hack jobs. It's just not right. :dunno:

Hack job ? I’m not an amp tech but I did work as a bench tech in an electronics shop when I was younger.

Don’t even know why I’m replying to someone who thinks peter repairs every diezel out there

I did not know that. The reality is that most guys who mess up their amps do not have a background in electronics and struggle with Ohm's Law. They are more likely to kill themselves than to repair anything with the info they find on the internet.

Peter Diezel":mhcm701s said:
Guys, you know my email: service (at) diezelamplification (dot)
I´m always ready to help.

I didn't know that. I will send you an emil when I get home ...THANKS

Back