Einstein v VH2 v VH4

I currently have the Einstein 50 combo. It is a fantastic amp but I can't get out of my head how good the VH4 I played was, obviously channel 3. It was just tighter, angrier and drier than the Einstein. Is my impression correct? I didn't spend too much time with the VH4. Is the difference sufficient to be worth purchasing a VH2/VH4 as well?

Of course then there is the question of VH2 v VH4. How close exactly is ch2 of the VH2 to ch3 on the VH4? I have read it sounds more modern, not sure what this means.. more low mids, more gain maybe?

Diezel123":p8qk4mpd said:
Of course then there is the question of VH2 v VH4. How close exactly is ch2 of the VH2 to ch3 on the VH4? I have read it sounds more modern, not sure what this means.. more low mids, more gain maybe?

I had first VH4 and now I have VH2. For the "VH4.ch3 sound" the VH2.ch2 is better in my opinion. It has really similar tonal characteristics but wider gain range. Also the loop in VH2 sounds more transparent.

Vh4 is tighter, angrier, and drier, yup. Exactly why I love Einstein haha, however don’t discount a used fokker which was also all three compared to Einstein.

moltenmetalburn":6pbkkt0y said:
Vh4 is tighter, angrier, and drier, yup. Exactly why I love Einstein haha, however don’t discount a used fokker which was also all three compared to Einstein.

Any experience with VH2?

Diezel123":31rnimzs said:
moltenmetalburn":31rnimzs said:

Any experience with VH2?
No sorry. If what I understand is true, its fokker with the special transformers from vh4.

Back