Einstein clips, heavier tunes

Whatamada

Hey guys!

I just stumbled upon a great deal on an Einstein, the only thing is I'm not gonna be able to try it first. A friend lives close to the seller, I'm a good five-six hours away.

I'vee been searching the forum and YouTube extensively, but I can't find any clips that shows some heavier riffage like Korn, Slipknot or Architects that's of good quality.
The only thing I found that was good was Ola Englunds demo, but the quality wasn't as good as his stuff is today.

So. Any Einstein owners out there willing to share a clip or experiences? Can it handle the modern metal stuff?

This is my band, maybe that helps?
https://open.spotify.com/track/3Fcel2z4 ... rxPKwccC3A

Whatamada":3srxrnrn said:
Hey guys!

I just stumbled upon a great deal on an Einstein, the only thing is I'm not gonna be able to try it first. A friend lives close to the seller, I'm a good five-six hours away.

I'vee been searching the forum and YouTube extensively, but I can't find any clips that shows some heavier riffage like Korn, Slipknot or Architects that's of good quality.
The only thing I found that was good was Ola Englunds demo, but the quality wasn't as good as his stuff is today.

So. Any Einstein owners out there willing to share a clip or experiences? Can it handle the modern metal stuff?

Hey man! It can absolutely do heavy metal. You just need a decent cab and speaker to handle the beef.

Daniel.S":3s4kkzf4 said:
Whatamada":3s4kkzf4 said:
Hey guys!

Hey man! It can absolutely do heavy metal. You just need a decent cab and speaker to handle the beef.

I see you have one!
What kind of music do you play and on what?
I currently own an ENGL 4x12 Pro and a Zilla Fatboy 2x12, they can handle anything.
Been playing both PRS Archon, Mesa Recto and Diezel Hagen on it.
But I'm looking for something simple that can replace my Archon since the lack of dual masters and the loop on the Archon is a potato.

moltenmetalburn":3ap3ikyl said:
Been using one for modern metal for years just dont expect marshall bright or super metal scooped.

I was hoping to avoid both of those actually ;)

Do you have any clips or something when using your Einstein?

I play mostly Tool stuff at the moment, but I also play music from System of a Down the high gain and articulation helps with the older stuff.
I use my Les Paul Custom in drop D and my Iceman in drop C. I sometimes drop it down to B to just chug away sometimes haha.

I just quickly recorded a clip for you man. Have a look and listen I have a play through all the channels. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Daniel.S":3u740yd2 said:
I just quickly recorded a clip for you man. Have a look and listen I have a play through all the channels. Let me know if there's anything else you need to know.

Awesome!
Yeah...we're can I find the clip? :yes:

Daniel.S":3wbadhh8 said:
Oh whoops! Forgot to post the link! Search sbiz0soad on YouTube. You should find it there! :)

Found it! Also listened to the Tool-sound video.
It's always hard when not being in the room, but I definitively feel that it will do what I want it to do.
So thank you very much for the clip man :thumbsup:

Whatamada":2tnzgz8w said:
Daniel.S":2tnzgz8w said:
Oh whoops! Forgot to post the link! Search sbiz0soad on YouTube. You should find it there! :)

It's always hard when not being in the room, but I definitively feel that it will do what I want it to do.
Awesome! Yeah, you can only get so much of an idea from a YouTube video. I bought the Einstein with the same problem as you, with hardly any info or sound clips to go by.
I'm currently on the hunt for a VH4. :)

Daniel.S":1ie9pygi said:
Whatamada":1ie9pygi said:
Daniel.S":1ie9pygi said:

Awesome! Yeah, you can only get so much of an idea from a YouTube video. I bought the Einstein with the same problem as you, with hardly any info or sound clips to go by.
I'm currently on the hunt for a VH4. :)

Oh, I hear ya on that front!
I've owned the VH4, Herbert and Hagen, but some years ago I was looking for something a little less and easier. Two-channel and lightweight. Since I've started looking at Diezel, yet again, a Hebert and or VH4/VH2 is very tempting!

What’s your thoughts on the VH4? I don’t move my amp around so weight isn’t a problem and more options the better for different moods :D

Daniel.S":2nrguezu said:
What’s your thoughts on the VH4? I don’t move my amp around so weight isn’t a problem and more options the better for different moods :D

It's a fantastic amp.
There isn't a genre that the VH4 can't handle. I only sold it to try the Herbert, which is more "modern" with some more heft and sag to it. On the other hand the VH4 has a percussive sound that can't be mimicd.
The thing that also turned me more towards Herbert, and this time the VH2, is I really didn't use 4 channels.
So if you're only looking for channel 3 bliss, get the VH2 :)

Thanks for the info! I still think that if I get the VH2 I’ll still always want to the VH4. Hahaha can’t win I guess, but I’d rather buy the big one and have it for life.

Daniel.S":dwuh86p4 said:
Thanks for the info! I still think that if I get the VH2 I’ll still always want to the VH4. Hahaha can’t win I guess, but I’d rather buy the big one and have it for life.

That's absolutely a way forward. Getting the VH4 will probably be set for life, for shure!

Hey hey.. congrats!!!!!
I really think you will be happy with it.

I did a clip some time ago just playing with multi tracking lead lines but this is a pretty good representation of how versatile an amp this is. The overall core sound is there, with the other 2 tracks adding too it.
https://soundcloud.com/guitarplyr/lead-test-01
Its a great amp... Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :rock:

phil b":30wcly17 said:
Hey hey.. congrats!!!!!
I really think you will be happy with it.

I did a clip some time ago just playing with multi tracking lead lines but this is a pretty good representation of how versatile an amp this is. The overall core sound is there, with the other 2 tracks adding too it.
https://soundcloud.com/guitarplyr/lead-test-01
Its a great amp... Enjoy!! :thumbsup: :rock:

Thank you very much!
I'm very excited and can't wait to try it out!
Great playing, very tasteful.
Any tracks with rythm guitar?

Back