VH4 no volume rise on Ch 4

Tabs

Hi all,

I've had my 2007-ish VH4 in closet storage in a road case for quite a few years (apartment living, sigh...) - decided to pull it out and fire it up a few days ago and there's a problem with channel 4. The volume does not rise at all - I can hear quiet sound, the EQ knobs are affecting it, but it just sounds like what happens when the channel volume is on 0. Channel volume knob has no effect at all when I increase it. The other three channels work fine, so I don't think it's a power tube problem. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Evil Z06":alp4bw0m said:
I'll take a guess.....Maybe it's the volume pot

Yeah the thought crossed my mind. Just looking to see if that's Peter's assessment too. I'll have to get a new one and figure out where I can get it installed around here I guess if that's what it is.

Hey man it might be a pre amp tube. One of mine just went dead on my Einstein and there was barely any audible sound. You'd have to crank the Master just to be able to hear it.

Daniel.S":33wbrdp9 said:
Hey man it might be a pre amp tube. One of mine just went dead on my Einstein and there was barely any audible sound. You'd have to crank the Master just to be able to hear it.

Oh interesting - do you know which one it would be for Channel 4?

Tabs":1a9fm91u said:
Daniel.S":1a9fm91u said:

Oh interesting - do you know which one it would be for Channel 4?
No I'm not sure sorry!

From another post on here.
Tube 1 - All Channels ( input stage)
tube 2 - Channel 4 only
tube 3 - channel 2/3/4
tube 4 - all channels
tube 5 - all channels mix/buffer
tube 6 - effects driver mono
tube 7 - phase/driver
Think that reflects my Einstein. I’d bet swap out V2 and all will be okay again.

Back