Have anybody modded Diezel this way ?

belensky

As you may know master volume and FX loop have certain, negative impact tone of any amp, so I'm wondering if there is possible way to add toggle switch on Herbert so it's COMPLETELY hard bypassing FX loop and Master, so actual sound has more "straight" path and amp behaves like non master volume amp. I need it strictly for recording purposes: when I record I can crank amp as loud as I want and I don't use any effects in loop, so maybe some little toggle switch could be beneficial to make sound of herbert even better (if that even possible)
don't get me wrong I have no complains about FX loops and master in herbert, but I had this kind of switch on Mesa Mark 5 and liked it, so thinking maybe it's doable in Herbert as well.

I'm no expert, but 1) if you're not using the effects loop, aren't you already bypassing it, and 2) can't you just crank the master to maximum to get the same effect as not having a master volume? What do you mean by your assertion, "master volume and FX loop have certain, negative impact tone of any amp", and what exactly do you believe the benefit of doing what you described is going to be?

To put it politely, as long as you do not know whether the loop has any negative effect on the sound when not used, this endeavor is pointless.

play any non master volume amp without fx loop, they feel different. like I said I had mark 5 and it had this switch, and with fx loop disengaged it sounded better.
New SLO has It, mark V, Recto, Bogner Ecxtacy and so on.

1. I want to see a blind test where people can tell if the switch is on :D
2. The loop is disengaged if not used.
3. It's a Diezel neither a Peavey nor a Mesa. :gethim:

Back