D-Moll or VH2? Need advice please

sui_city

I'm looking at getting either a D-Moll or a VH2.
The D-Moll just seems to have unbelievable flexibility, but the VH2 is the closest I'll be able to get to my dream amp which is the VH4.

Has anyone wrestled with these two?
Any feedback?

I had D-Moll years ago and now I have VH2. The channels of VH2 are really versatile and will give you almost the same as D-Moll and something also on top of it. The only tonal thing favoring D-Moll is the Mid Cut, which I solved using graphic EQ in the loop of VH2 (when needed).

I had also VH4 and Hagen for a while. VH2 gives me the Diezel tones I want and that's why it sits in my gear.

Hopefully you have a chance to test them both to get exactly your favorite :)

If you're after the VH4 sound, then VH2 is perfect for you. EQ in the loop is also really handy :)

I have the DMoll and it is an incredible amp, super amazing, That being said, if VH4 is your dream then you need to at least get the VH2 methinks

Had both and they are great but the D’Moll is definitely a bit mushy on the bottom end where the VH2 is tighter and a bit dry. Depends on the overall feel you’re going for but if you like the VH stay in that camp.

sui_city":2tzbp01i said:
TTV, what cab have you paired it with?

With my custom made Bluetone 1x12" cabinet (Celestion Creamback inside). I mostly play through Two Notes Torpedo LIVE with 4x12" IR in use.

If you've tried the VH4 and it's your dream amp - get the VH2

The D-Moll is a wickedly cool amp with lots of variety and great tones - it's pretty amazing given its lesser pricetag. But for VH4 DNA?? Jut get the VH2.

Peace
Unkle Mo

MoxObd":nfho05iz said:
Cool , and the VH2 , can make a saturated sound ?
I cant find any review of the vh2 =/
Yes it can make really saturated sound. Have you checked YouTube? There are plenty of VH2 videos and the best description is done by "The Peters" from Diezel :)

Back