Questions on VHX

joafink2":3mldlz3v said:
Is it fairly simple to bias this yourself like other existing Diezel amps?

Sure, it is exactly the same, there are the two usual bias trim pot and test point for the readings:

download/file.php?id=62190&mode=view

However I must not advice you to do it yourself, from the manual:
DO NOT OPEN the device housing. It must only be done by authorized personnel. Your VHX operates on very high internal voltages, which may still be present after the device has been turned off and disconnected for a while. No user serviceable parts inside

Have a great journey with it, and keep us updated, we are discovering every day amazing ways people use it and I'm so excited about next feature we will introduce!

Leo Diezel":b7gr30qn said:
Hpskateski":b7gr30qn said:
So on the volume pedal question, does an expression pedal plugged into a midi controller change the volume? If so is it pre or post volume> My VHX will be here Friday in DFW!! Is there a wah feature available currently? Leo, what do you mean by midi controller what is on its way? Was that supposed to be wah? If so, how long for that release?

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your support :)

- Yes, an expression pedal connected to the midi controller will change the volume when assinged to Control Change 7, this is the actual "Preamp Volume".
- The Wah (wah was a typo, sorry!) will be released in the next firmware, and you will be able to use it with the expressione pedal as well, the test are scheduled to be finished in 2 week.

Need any beta testers since mine will be here tomorrow??:)

Hpskateski":xsfhjbxd said:
Leo Diezel":xsfhjbxd said:
Hpskateski":xsfhjbxd said:
So on the volume pedal question, does an expression pedal plugged into a midi controller change the volume? If so is it pre or post volume> My VHX will be here Friday in DFW!! Is there a wah feature available currently? Leo, what do you mean by midi controller what is on its way? Was that supposed to be wah? If so, how long for that release?

Thanks in advance

- Yes, an expression pedal connected to the midi controller will change the volume when assinged to Control Change 7, this is the actual "Preamp Volume".
- The Wah (wah was a typo, sorry!) will be released in the next firmware, and you will be able to use it with the expressione pedal as well, the test are scheduled to be finished in 2 week.

I would love it!
Would you please send me your mail so I could add you on the beta mailing list?
Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Leo Diezel":10b3mkyp said:
Hpskateski":10b3mkyp said:
Leo Diezel":10b3mkyp said:
Hpskateski":10b3mkyp said:

Thanks in advance

I would love it!

Silly question, why is the VHX not on the Diezel website?

Leo Diezel":a02vls9p said:
Hpskateski":a02vls9p said:
Leo Diezel":a02vls9p said:
Hpskateski":a02vls9p said:

Thanks in advance

I would love it!

Need any more? I'd be happy to as well.

Hpskateski":3tfdwvsn said:
Leo Diezel":3tfdwvsn said:
Leo Diezel":3tfdwvsn said:

Thanks in advance

I would love it!

Silly question, why is the VHX not on the Diezel website?

We was planning to shot some videos and make all the pictures/marketing material for the website some months ago, then the virus happened so we reschedule it at the end of summer :)

Leo, what apps if any have y’all been using to work with the midi ble feature. Any info on process for connection to iPad/iPhone? It defiantly something I want to see about working with.

Hpskateski":2wlj24tm said:
Leo, what apps if any have y’all been using to work with the midi ble feature. Any info on process for connection to iPad/iPhone? It defiantly something I want to see about working with.

I used Android or Windows 10, on Android I used "Poket Midi" togheter with "Bluetooth MIDI Connect" app, the latter only routes the BLE Midi to the more common USB MIDI other apps are written for.

It looks like there is something similar on Apple (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245).

Since usually Apple is on top with MIDI technology it may work already out of the box with any MIDI app.

I've found this one for instance that seems to be able to send both Program Change or Control Change messages: http://www.iosmidi.com/

Leo Diezel":5bkontmt said:
Hpskateski":5bkontmt said:

I used Android or Windows 10, on Android I used "Poket Midi" togheter with "Bluetooth MIDI Connect" app, the latter only routes the BLE Midi to the more common USB MIDI other apps are written for.

It looks like there is something similar on Apple (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midimittr/id925495245).

Since usually Apple is on top with MIDI technology it may work already out of the box with any MIDI app.

I've found this one for instance that seems to be able to send both Program Change or Control Change messages: http://www.iosmidi.com/

Unfortunately that one is not available here in the states. I have the midimittr already. I use that with some Yamaha dongles on my Fractal gear. Was kinda thinking about seeing if the units would send the contol messages from the Fractal that way. I’ll do some experimenting and check back with info.

Hpskateski":1z6odkfm said:
Leo Diezel":1z6odkfm said:
Hpskateski":1z6odkfm said:

Unfortunately that one is not available here in the states. I have the midimittr already. I use that with some Yamaha dongles on my Fractal gear. Was kinda thinking about seeing if the units would send the contol messages from the Fractal that way. I’ll do some experimenting and check back with info.

Leo, another VHX midi question.....

Any talk of a editor of some sort for a computer or tablet hardwired off of the USB port? Possibility of further midi implementation of editing parameters for effects and preamp so you could built that into a midi ble controller app?

Hpskateski":1vyxkutz said:
Leo Diezel":1vyxkutz said:

Any talk of a editor of some sort for a computer or tablet hardwired off of the USB port? Possibility of further midi implementation of editing parameters for effects and preamp so you could built that into a midi ble controller app?

Yes, I'm developing it :)

The goal is to have it working via MIDI so it will work with both USB and BLE!

Leo Diezel":fvnnujaj said:
Hpskateski":fvnnujaj said:
Leo Diezel":fvnnujaj said:

Can’t wait to try the beta stuff!! Very excited for it!

Yes, I'm developing it :)

The goal is to have it working via MIDI so it will work with both USB and BLE!

Yeaaaaaa!!!! Here we go!!

Attachments

• 64FB6A9E-031D-4F51-B39A-550F62E51441.jpeg
    64FB6A9E-031D-4F51-B39A-550F62E51441.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,375
  • 8817FE59-A041-42E8-9507-19784E394E4F.jpeg
    8817FE59-A041-42E8-9507-19784E394E4F.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,378
  • 11DF8F51-FA27-40C2-91DD-DCB0DD1869C9.jpeg
    11DF8F51-FA27-40C2-91DD-DCB0DD1869C9.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 1,386
As Leo has indicated, both VHX and VH Mini use similar technology for IR signal, i.e. no real load to the power amp? My question is, that how do the Presence and Deep knobs together with the power amp tubes and their bias affect to the IR equipped Line OUT or Phones OUT sound? Are those sounds only dependent on PreAmp voicing?

TTV":3fafsy2x said:
As Leo has indicated, both VHX and VH Mini use similar technology for IR signal, i.e. no real load to the power amp? My question is, that how do the Presence and Deep knobs together with the power amp tubes and their bias affect to the IR equipped Line OUT or Phones OUT sound? Are those sounds only dependent on PreAmp voicing?

Depth and Presence does affect IR out, while bias and power tubes does not.

This is only true for the new Diezel VH Mini, the first 25 were using an actual load.

I bought the Columbus footswitch for my amp but I cannot see anywhere on how to use it. 00 gives me preset 1, 01 gives me preset 2 and so forth. can it turn on and off FX? Did I just buy a $500 channel switcher???

rng52465":1txl2hua said:
I bought the Columbus footswitch for my amp but I cannot see anywhere on how to use it. 00 gives me preset 1, 01 gives me preset 2 and so forth. can it turn on and off FX? Did I just buy a $500 channel switcher???

Yes Columbus only support program change.

To switch individual effect on and off you need a midi controller with control change capability.

Back