Thanks Pandemic, RIP my VH4.

MesaSean

Just venting as I am so frustrated right now.

I bought a brand spanking new VH4 back in I think January or February. Was fine for a few weeks then had some major tone issues. Both Peter's were great in their response and troubleshootingvia email and we thought it was the pre amp tubes or the sockets (as sometimes when I reseated some of the pre amp tubes it fixed it). But then nothing we did helped fix the issue (major fizz on the gain channels and awful distortion on channel 1 cleans).

So I sent it to their USA repair place in Cali before the pandemic got bad. (I am in Queens New York. Yes where we have the highest amount of COVID patients and deaths. It's insane here right now)

We thought he would fix it in a week and then boom...Cali goes on lockdown and they won't open until April 20th. Now it got pushed to late end of March. So basically I am screwed. I have no idea when I will ever see my VH4 again. I am not blaming anyone just venting as I want my Vh4 back so bad and miss it.

I even bought a Brand new dual recto to get me by as I thought I'd hold on to it for 30 days and return it when I got my Vh4 back, but I actually really like the Dual Recto now. Took me forever to dial in lol as I love how the VH4 was so easy to dial in and get the perfect tone I wanted. I got the 50th Anniversary edition gold plated Dual Recto and it sounds really good. Totally polar opposite from the Vh4, but in a good way. I like having different tones. I also got a Line 6 Helix and a bunch of IR's and it's frightening how good that device sounds.

Anyway, no real point to this thread I guess.

The point is...I miss my VH4 Just my effing luck to get a brand new one that happened to be a dud.

misterspockyall":e9o7dut7 said:
Glad you got the Recto to hold you over brother, hope all as safe and well as can be right now.

Thanks man. Yeah it sucks. I am spending more time with this Line 6 Helix and downloading all these impulses. So much tweaking for hours lol I wish they had a Diezel plugin or it. I have the Diezel DAW plugin and it sounds sick. Just wish I can import it into the Helix, but I have some Diezel cab impulses.

Hey man, that sucks. But I'm sure you'll get it back when the lockdown ends. When that is, is anybody's guess. Hopefully the tech is honorable and doesn't just decamp with the amp.

nightlight":a7mxhbcp said:
Hey man, that sucks. But I'm sure you'll get it back when the lockdown ends. When that is, is anybody's guess. Hopefully the tech is honorable and doesn't just decamp with the amp.

Yeah he is the authorized repair person for the USA (I think) Both Peters brought him in on our emails when trying to diagnose the problem.

CEG85":1k710ly8 said:
I live in California (Los Angeles) the lock down got extended to May 5th.

Yeah that is what he told me.

We have it pretty bad here too in Queens NY. Not sure when our lockdown is going to be over.

MesaSean":1325cmog said:
CEG85":1325cmog said:

We have it pretty bad here too in Queens NY. Not sure when our lockdown is going to be over.

Its just horrible situation.
Hopefully cases start to level off and everything could slowly get back to normal.

With that being said, Stay safe and I hope your amp gets back to you asap.

CEG85":1336fx11 said:
MesaSean":1336fx11 said:
CEG85":1336fx11 said:

Its just horrible situation.
Hopefully cases start to level off and everything could slowly get back to normal.

With that being said, Stay safe and I hope your amp gets back to you asap.

Thanks. You stay safe too dude!

MesaSean":1xp2hirh said:
I was born and grew up in Queens......Hold strong down there :rock:

Evil Z06":1nvgzkjz said:
MesaSean":1nvgzkjz said:

Me too man! Flushing for myself. Lived in Manhattan when I was in my 20's and back in the outskirts of Queens now.

MesaSean":258tx5lb said:
Evil Z06":258tx5lb said:
MesaSean":258tx5lb said:

Me too man! Flushing for myself. Lived in Manhattan when I was in my 20's and back in the outskirts of Queens now.
I was born in Bayside........I miss my pizza :cry:

Evil Z06":1rowdiw7 said:
MesaSean":1rowdiw7 said:
Evil Z06":1rowdiw7 said:
MesaSean":1rowdiw7 said:

I was born in Bayside........I miss my pizza :cry:

VIP Pizza! I used to live right near there at one point. I always loved Bayside. Loved the bike path on the side of the cross island.

My 5150 III broke down around the 20th of January. I brought it in to my local amp repair shop and was told it would be a 3 week turnaround time.
3 weeks passed and I returned to find the shop closed. Each week I'd return to the shop and it was closed every time.
When it was finally open, the owner apologized and said he had a health scare and had just gotten out of the hospital.
Ok. Things happen. I cut him some slack.
Then the pandemic hit. I'm worried I'll never see my amp again. Yes, your VH4 is triple the price of my amp.
it just sucks to have to worry about getting my gear back. I completely understand you situation.

the rossness":clweoj29 said:
My 5150 III broke down around the 20th of January. I brought it in to my local amp repair shop and was told it would be a 3 week turnaround time.
3 weeks passed and I returned to find the shop closed. Each week I'd return to the shop and it was closed every time.
When it was finally open, the owner apologized and said he had a health scare and had just gotten out of the hospital.
Ok. Things happen. I cut him some slack.
Then the pandemic hit. I'm worried I'll never see my amp again. Yes, your VH4 is triple the price of my amp.
it just sucks to have to worry about getting my gear back. I completely understand you situation.

Oh yeah I am not slamming the guy. Just venting the situation. More angry that I got a dud VH4 to be frank. Like why was it defective so quickly? I bought it, used it at home and started not working properly. I never once moved it or took out of the house as I am a home player.

Well, finally and update.

They sent me a brand new replacement VH4 straight from Germany. (Is it true this a difference in Vh4's built in California compared to ones built in Germany? I heard stories that some Vh4's come from Germany and some in the USA come from a shop that builds them out of the west coast.

Anyway, got my new VH4 and wow did I miss it. Sounds amazing. Sucks as I bought a Mesa 50th Anniversary dual Recto while I waited for my old one to be repaired and now have to sell it at a huge loss, but what can I do. I bought the Mesa because they said my Vh4 would be done in a week, but then COVID hit.

Anyway a pic because why not

QLTvUDX.jpeg

hopkinWFG":2vdaksoe said:
Congrats !! Am sure all Diezel amps are all off from Germania !! Signed, checked and confirmed.. Haha...

Hmm where is it signed? Mine has no signature on the back, but did ship from Germany. Is it signed on the inside now? My old ones from the 2000's were signed on the back.

Back