VHX direct clip

duesentrieb

Hi guys, recently got my VHX (serial number 001 - thanks Peter & Peter). This amp is so amazing (thanks Leonardo and Peter).
One of it's capabilities is to record direct or skip micing live and go FOH with an XLR.
I mean there are numerous amps out there with some sort of direct out, but this direct out with IRs/cab sim is just awesome. It rocks 'cause it is the way done it should be.

Here's a clip (forgive my crappy playing, at least you will get the idea and a M'tallica backing may suit your guys taste at least a bit).
If you cannot stand the wanking, skip that and just listen to the rhythms at the end (>1min). All tracks channel 3 btw.
Four tracks (2 rhythms, one lead and one harmony). The direct sound was done with the V30 IR and a Royer between cone and edge of the speaker.
XLR out into Motu into Logic.
Backing is from http://www.karaoke-version.com (drums, bass and backing vox). You can create "individualized" backings there, by leaving out what you do not like or what you want to add yourself. Pretty cool feature btw . . .

BR

Olaf

Attachments

• #001.jpg
    #001.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1,352
That tone is great, and the solo is just fine. You could bump up the rhythm tracks a bit.

Didn't know there is also drum machine integrated :)

Could you post clips of plain VHX, no drums nor song, like an amp sound review?

Merci mes amis.

Here's without anything (not even a metronome - lol) Ch1 and Ch2.
in Logic a super tiny bit of room reverb (to get stereo channels).
Delays from VHX.

Cab Sim from VHX, again a V30 and the Royer between cone and edge.

duesentrieb":2evdsqsh said:
Merci mes amis.

Here's without anything (not even a metronome - lol) Ch1 and Ch2.
in Logic a super tiny bit of room reverb (to get stereo channels).
Delays from VHX.

Cab Sim from VHX, again a V30 and the Royer between cone and edge.
Nice, really nice :yes:

Thanks guys.

For standalone I would have used less treble (ch2 ihas bright engaged). But you get the idea. For a mix it should be fine.

CH3 and CH4 to come, I just need to get into heavy mode myself :D

Back