Joined the Diezel family with a VHX

dastrix

Hi All

New player and new member. Joined the family today after discussions with Leonardo re VHX.

Thomann have sent me my first amplifier, the Diezel VHX. Looking forward to it. Yes, learning guitar - only started out 7 weeks ago so totally new. Many will say it's wasted but it had all the features I wanted, the Diezel VH4 tone which is important for me given my musical tastes and I hate buying things twice - so I only buy once! (or try to!)

Happy days!

Hello from Australia

dastrix":2huxps99 said:
Hi All

New player and new member. Joined the family today after discussions with Leonardo re VHX.

Thomann have sent me my first amplifier, the Diezel VHX. Looking forward to it. Yes, learning guitar - only started out 7 weeks ago so totally new. Many will say it's wasted but it had all the features I wanted, the Diezel VH4 tone which is important for me given my musical tastes and I hate buying things twice - so I only buy once! (or try to!)

Happy days!

Hello from Australia

Is the amp wired to 240 volt mains ?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Diezel":5usrtd89 said:
dastrix":5usrtd89 said:
Hi All

Happy days!

Hello from Australia

Is the amp wired to 240 volt mains ?

Thanks,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm not entirely sure but Australia and Germany use 230volt, 50hz . So the same. I don't believe I need to do anything but use an Australian IEC power plug right?

230 V
In Germany the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You can use your electric appliances in Germany, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 - 240 V (as is in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa). Manufacturers take these small deviations into account.

As far as I know the current in the Australian net is going up to 260V in some places to deal with the long distances. If you live far in the outback that could be a problem. I have read of tube amps dying because of that (esp old European build for 220V before we went up to 230V). Probably not an issue with the Diezel, but Mr Diezel is for sure the more competent person to comment... (maybe that’s why he asked for the 240V)

Anyhow, congratulations! For sure you will get an amazing amp!

I live in Sydney, ill have to stick a multi meter into the power point and test it.

Ive got loads of stuff made in the EU here, never had an issue with anything!

Back