Diezel with a loadbox

dm426

I'm seriously considering buying a Diezel, and I'm currently looking at the Herbert and the VH4. So far I really like what I'm hearing in the Herbert clips on Youtube.

However, I'm running my amps through a Boss Waza TAE so I can record and listen to the sound with studio monitors (or even studio monitors plus a cab). My problem is that the TAE is limited to 150W and the Herbert is rated as 180W.

Unfortunately, the Two Notes Torpedo Live is 100W max, the Suhr Reactive Load IR is 100W, and the UA Ox Box is 150W. That doesn't appear to leave any way to run a Herbert into a load box and into a recording interface. Is there no other option besides miking a real cab when using a Herbert?

Anyone tried running a Herbert through a Waza? I don't want to blow it up or damage the amp. I really wish Boss, or Suhr or UA would upgrade their load boxes to 200W so this wouldn't be an issue.

Why run full power to load? Diezels sound great at lower power levels as well. I'm using Torpedo LIVE with VH2 and load fan is not even activated :)

Perhaps I'm just being overcautious. So as long as I keep the master at a reasonable setting the Herbert should be fine with a TAE?

dm426":3eref8jx said:
Perhaps I'm just being overcautious. So as long as I keep the master at a reasonable setting the Herbert should be fine with a TAE?
Yes, TAE's 150W is enough for Herbert, just ensure that the Masters and Channel Volumes are not cranked to the maximun (70% limit should be safe) at the same time.

Back