Diezel Herbert MK3 ?

hopkinWFG

Just wonder how many of the Herbert guys here have acquired the new Mk3 herbert? Seems not much of a talk here anymore? And many are just silently complimenting the amp not letting others know how deadly this mk3 is?

I have the Mk3 since the end of 2018 and it's totally awesome. Cuts like a knife, awesome Hagen-like dynamics in Channel 2, three-dimensional cleans and massive headroom. Can jump from nice Hard Rock tones to ultra brutal Metal tones with a push on the button of my Columbus. One of the best amps ever. I especially love it paired with a nice 4x12 loaded with K100 and volume pushed. Such a killer midrange.

MourningEngine":2cfshnwf said:
I have the Mk3 since the end of 2018 and it's totally awesome. Cuts like a knife, awesome Hagen-like dynamics in Channel 2, three-dimensional cleans and massive headroom. Can jump from nice Hard Rock tones to ultra brutal Metal tones with a push on the button of my Columbus. One of the best amps ever. I especially love it paired with a nice 4x12 loaded with K100 and volume pushed. Such a killer midrange.

Any comparison to the original or mk2?

I had two Mk2s for several years before the Mk3. The Mk3 sounds more raw and dry/not as dense and compressed in the mid range as the Mk2 and it's tighter. I still like the "juicy" mid range of the Mk2 though.

I can't really justify selling my old one to get the Mk3 (I'm kinda more tempted to get a Hagen and keeping my current one). I do sometimes think if I love this amp as much as I do, then maybe the Mk3 is my ultimate amp though.

I would like 4 channels of delicious Diezel tone, so Hagen has 1 extra and may give me a bit more of a raw rock tone, but the Mk3 Herbie has midi switchable -/+ mode. Currently my Ch2 gets used for pretty low gain crunch in '-' mode (just past 12 o'clock on gain), but there's a lot more fun to be had with that channel when I'm just playing about at home and can mess about with the + mode, so I'd love that to be switchable). My Ch3 is used for straight up massive heavy riffs by itself, but I've got a Chase Bliss Brothers pedal which is MIDI controllable, so I have additional boosts/drives on hand to expand the number of lighter crunch/blues flavours I get out channel 2, so it's kinda like a many-channel multi-flavour amp already from that respect.

Back