What's the difference between the older Vh4 and the newer?

Joeytpg

I found a guy that's selling me a Vh4, it's a 3 y/o Vh4.... I read somewhere that the newer ones sounded better. Is it true? what's the difference?

The guy is asking for Eur. 1,900

The newer version has a much improved sparkling clean channel and more gain and dynamics on channel 2. Channel 3 is brighter with a good bit more gain on tap, 1 to 2:00 now would be the previous version maxed. Channel 4 is very similar to the older VH4. It's treble pot does seem to need to be opened much more than the older version, but gain and shred are ready at 11:00 on the dial.

Pretty much my take as well.....get a newer one. I have a friends 07 here now, and God, does it cut :D In the very best way....... Great amp :rock:

Edited to add : 2004 may be fine.....Mine was an '01, and there's a BIG difference. Haven't played anything in between...sorry, bro!

jcj":3knnad1q said:
Pretty much my take as well.....get a newer one. I have a friends 07 here now, and God, does it cut :D In the very best way....... Great amp :rock:

Edited to add : 2004 may be fine.....Mine was an '01, and there's a BIG difference. Haven't played anything in between...sorry, bro!
Hey guys, how can I tell the dates on Vh4S and Vh4? I know dumb question I bet it is on the back where the sign them right? :doh: :doh:

My 2000 serial number began with 00, the 2001 was 01 and the 2007 begins with 07.
It's just above the power cord on the back. ;)

I own a 2000 Vh4 and from then til now I've heard and played various heads. The sound differences on some models (if not all) might occur due to differences in tubes that Peter installs on each production line.

Back