50 or 100W Einstein??

To me it sounds thicker. Maybe we are using different words to say the same thing based on our interpretation of the words (it could mean something different) I will try a different way. I found the 100 to have a bit more oooomph. How is that for high tech speech? :D

Duolos":29gn7jhk said:
To me it sounds thicker. Maybe we are using different words to say the same thing based on our interpretation of the words (it could mean something different) I will try a different way. I found the 100 to have a bit more oooomph. How is that for high tech speech? :D

Thats correct, good lingo. :LOL: :LOL: I'm talking Marshalls and 100 watt vs. 50 watt amps in general though. As I've yet to own an Einstein. :cry:

Duolos":1rerprhx said:

Haha! Pure technicality in words right there.

By thicker I tend to think that the notes sound thicker, "gooier" when playing single notes in particular.

Random Hero":29nlutzg said:
Duolos":29nlutzg said:

Haha! Pure technicality in words right there.

By thicker I tend to think that the notes sound thicker, "gooier" when playing single notes in particular.

I wish I could help, but I just don't know. I suppose I could pull the two tubes out of my Einstein and make it a 50W, but I'm not too comfortable doing that right now!

But Hey, there's an advantage of having a 100W Einstein...you can change back and forth b/w 50W and 100W...right guys?

It's funny, I could get a 100w Einstein from Germany, 230v and run it at 240v according to Peter (I e-mailed him, which conflicts some things I've read about using 230V Diezels here) but I dunno. The thickness thing is the only thing stopping me, and I wanna be 100% happy with it.

Adam, honestly bud. You won't notice this.... the 50 is INCREDIBLY FULL/THICK/HEAVY, honestly. And it's cheaper, so, again......

Tube mix: you said you're an EL34 kind of guy mostly
Thick: the 50 is thick enough!
price: it's cheaper.

I don't wanna talk you into getting a 50 just becuase, but it seems that the "thickness" issue is the only thing holding you back from getting a 50watter..... and like I said, it's almost imperceptible.

Joeytpg":2zr17y38 said:
Adam, honestly bud. You won't notice this.... the 50 is INCREDIBLY FULL/THICK/HEAVY, honestly. And it's cheaper, so, again......

I don't wanna talk you into getting a 50 just becuase, but it seems that the "thickness" issue is the only thing holding you back from getting a 50watter..... and like I said, it's almost imperceptible.

Cheaper to re-tube as well. I Love 50 watters.

Ampaddict":23a31uz4 said:
Joeytpg":23a31uz4 said:

Cheaper to re-tube as well. I Love 50 watters.

I actually did want a 50w originally which is why the Einstein seemed so ideal for me. Having said that, I can get the 100w from a store in Germany for £1,475 shipped, or the 50w from a store in the UK for £1,575 shipped.

Kinda answers itself, since I mailed Peter Diezel and he said the 230/240V thing shouldn't be a problem. Having said that, I'm extremely impatient and could have the UK one delivered next working day where as the German one is 3-5 days. That and what I said before about 50w amps.

If I were you, I'd get the 50 watter.....

it's 100 more, but think that after a retube, there goes the 100 you "saved"

I'd stay with the 50w. Hell, I'd LOVE to have a 50w Vh4! instead of 100w.

Joeytpg":z4dayci2 said:
If I were you, I'd get the 50 watter.....

it's 100 more, but think that after a retube, there goes the 100 you "saved"

I'd stay with the 50w. Hell, I'd LOVE to have a 50w Vh4! instead of 100w.

Yeh, it is quite the conundrum Joey. I'm gonna wait til I have the money in my account from the IIC+ then decide there and then. Either way, I won't be going wrong, eh!?

I asure you, you'll LOVE this amp.

but again, tone is subjective.

But honestly man, play with the pre tubes.....specially V1! wow!

Just so you can understand, when I changed that v1 tube, felt like if I had thrown a boost pedal infront of the amp....... way tighter and heavy.

Joeytpg":pgb61y0v said:
I asure you, you'll LOVE this amp.

but again, tone is subjective.

But honestly man, play with the pre tubes.....specially V1! wow!

Just so you can understand, when I changed that v1 tube, felt like if I had thrown a boost pedal infront of the amp....... way tighter and heavy.

What was in there before, and what did you replace it with?

it had a sovtek tube that came with the amp, and I threw a cheap pretube I got from tube-town, Olaf recommended it to me, and goddamn!

My vote is still for the 100 but either way, you will make a great amplifier purchase decision.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

duesentrieb":1ir21wam said:
50 Watts: less costs when you change tubes :D
100 Watts: bigger OT --> "bigger" sound - as I've said: nuances

Very true! This is the reason I always end up with amps over 100wt, they just sound bigger even at low volumes.

Back