No more external bias adjustment

Peter Diezel

Hello Guys,

for some of You that is not really good news.

The German law is not happy about external adjustments
on the amps.

On the other hand it´s not a big deal to take the chassis out
of the head shell. To be honest .... do You bias Your amp every
week ?

Now we have 4 measurement points on the board, marked with
MPG, MPA, MPB and MPC. Corresponding point is MPG. You can
set the bias for on pair between MPG and the other 3 points.
A description is printed on the board.

I have to say that only certificated technicians should open the amp
because of high voltage !!!

Sorry,

Peter

Sorry to hear that Peter. I appreciate the extra effort it will mean to change the chassis.

That's just typical German "Beamtentum", they wanna increase safety and in fact it will mean more people dying of electric shock due to noobs now doing their stuff inside the amps rather than outside.

Does it mean also US manufacturers need to change it if they wanna sell amps in Germany or be compliant with EU regulations?

I believe it don´t affects US manufactures. All they need is
the CE certification and lead free components. And again:
Only certificated techs should open the amp.

hunter":2o7cpt6y said:
That's just typical German "Beamtentum", they wanna increase safety and in fact it will mean more people dying of electric shock due to noobs now doing their stuff inside the amps rather than outside.

You hit the nail exactly on the head, Hunter!!!

ed

How does one go about electrocuting oneself with external bias capabilities and a multimeter? Probably more Germans die from the excessive beer and bratwurst. All this from a country producing automobiles that will go 200 mph :confused:

Pulling the chassis is not a big deal. Got to do it on the VH4, so not a problem with the Herbie.

Steve

"Where would we be without the government to protect us from ourselves. "

we would be in a fruitful economic state...not in a recession!!!

PaulyPanacea":q5edjndl said:
"Where would we be without the government to protect us from ourselves. "

we would be in a fruitful economic state...not in a recession!!!

right on brotha.....

So I guess no more power outlets in people's homes either? Qualified electrician to plug the toaster into the outlet?

I gotta agree here this seems really silly, I'm glad the American Govt. isn't the only one making stupid ass decision these days... Can I ask honestly, WHO took the time to investigate AMP builders and whether or not external bias points are a hazard to peoples health??? Is there literally so little crime, and other issues to investigate in Germany that their biggest concern was AMP builders???

Well, on the plus side I've got my external bias Einstein, I wonder if this will make them more valuable now because they are the illegal ones haha.

Sorry ya'll have to go through a change in the amps Peter, that's to bad, this just really burns me, because it's so hard to find a competent tech and all this is really doing is endangering more people who have no idea what they are doing, at least you can't really get hurt by external bias points unless you some how stuck a probe into a tube socket.

Best regards,

Dallas

P.S. you guys are a great company with really top notch customer service and great products, I hope some day our paths will cross in person!

dont worry...i bet some dumb ass politician is reading this forum & thinking of some shit ass way to screw us here in the USA to make a quick buck. Maybe a tax on tubes that hold up.. or send some more troops to fight another mans war! Nothing ceases to amaze me these days!!

sorry for hijacking your thread Papa. Nothing but love!!! :inlove:

I do sorry to hear that, cause Diezels are one of so few amps that is biased within 10 minutes (30 after you leave it running and re-bias to be exact).

Guys, don't forget that somebody is trying to justify their pay in the bureaucracy army that serves each country and EU itself. I bet there are piles of paper huge as mountain exchanged each week, with smart ass ideas as the above. I just read a research that I will be starting to work for myself at some point in June or July it was. Till then I will be working for the taxes i.e. for them. Sounds refreshing arghhhh :gethim:

I soon expect ban on wet bath in case you slip while showering. I bet it will be a stinkin' one ....but safety first, yeah :)

Scandal!! So now there might be a run for the last amps with external bias.

Peter, is this to be executed instantly or did they give you some time to adapt your production?

:cry: :cry: :cry:

But anyway, it won't affect the immense quality of the Diezels amps, we should get really angry if the burocrats would for example force you to trigger your amps at 85 db or something like that.

Then--> :gethim:

Well, if all else fails, there is the Diezel Schmidt! :thumbsup:
No biasing needed.
Now if only the government does not pass a law making it unlawful to change one's own tubes in one's own amp! Or worse yet, ban tube amps altogether. :gethim:

In reality, this stopped no one from buying Diezel amps previously and should not make a difference to those purchasing from here on out. It is not the company's fault.

On the up side, a person having a Diezel amp with external bias points who is selling it, may be able to command a slightly higher price if they live in a country where obtaining a Diezel amp without external bias points is currently the only other alternative. I'm just saying...

that's sad :( but i thingk there's not to be worried ;)

Diezel amps are always Diezel amps with or without external bias points!

new owners will adjust them the old way ;)

no pain no gain! :rock:

It's not that big of a deal to me since I have a reasonable idea of how not to electrocute my self to death... sometimes :LOL: :LOL:

I'm just more irritated that the government is sticking it's dick in places it doesn't belong, even if it is Germany, some US bureaucrat will get the idea soon enough.

Does anyone know who the genius was that took the time to pass that through legislation?

I don't know who the bureaucrat is, but when you find out whom it is, let's stick HIS dick is an electrical outlet! :gethim: :codeak: :powpow: :uzi:

Back