Advice on speakers for 2nd cab with Herbert

gbsmusic

So I bought a cab for $100 and it was 16ohm and my Diezel is 8 so I just sold the speakers for $125, not bad so far!! I want to run a 2nd cab that will compliment my Diezel cab so I want advice. I'm thinking about 2 Vin 30's and 2 ???? I have the Eminence D12V8 speakers in my Diezel. Thanks for the advice guys!!

Not that it really matters at this point, but the 16ohm speakers would have worked fine. As long as the speaker ohms is higher than the amps output ohm rating, you are fine.

I played through it last night and like Peter and others said, the 8ohm cab was louder, quite a bit louder. I'm going to redo the whole cab just because I got such a good deal on it so I'll put some 8ohm speakers in it and have a great looking and great sounding cab for well under $300! If nothing else I'll annoy my neighbors even more!!!!!! :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL: :rock:
By the way, anyone have a Diezel logo they want to sell or Peter can I buy one?

v30/gk100s are great. I just replaced the Diezel Custom Eminence speakers in my FL cab. The Emi's were horrific.

I replaced my 2 of D12V8's in my 4X12. They were just too dark for me. I went with WGS Reaper 30's. They made a big difference and sound great. I still notice that darkness a little so the other 2 will be replaced with WGS Retro 30

Back