Cab for my Herbert - Any recommendations

Steve D.

I look for cabinet for my Diezel Herbert. I play mostly rock. Any recommendations for cab and/or speakers. What do you use? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks.

I'm using a Diezel 412R with V30s. I was a little too bright for me at first, but I stapled poly-fiber batting to the inside back panel and it definately cut some of the shrill. I'm thinking of changing out 2 speakers in an X-patter with either Diezel Customs (Eminence) or G12T75s. I also have a bogner ubercab - which I like alot better with my Herbert - that is V30/G12T75 x-pattern. The Bogner and Diezel cabs are made by the same company so they are basically identical construction-wise.

Can't go wrong with a Mesa Rectifier standard 4x12. I've got 2 of them. One with all V30's and 1 with V30's and G12H30's in x-pattern. Both sound awesome. They crush with my Herbert.

>|<>QBB<
mhenson42":d7c2a said:
I'm using a Diezel 412R with V30s. I was a little too bright for me at first, but I stapled poly-fiber batting to the inside back panel and it definately cut some of the shrill. I'm thinking of changing out 2 speakers in an X-patter with either Diezel Customs (Eminence) or G12T75s. I also have a bogner ubercab - which I like alot better with my Herbert - that is V30/G12T75 x-pattern. The Bogner and Diezel cabs are made by the same company so they are basically identical construction-wise.

Is this true? Are Diezel and Bogner Cabs the same box but with different speakers?

>|<>QBB<
mhenson42":7ce42 said:

Is this true? Are Diezel and Bogner Cabs the same box but with different speakers?

^I should more specifically state that the 2 cabs that I have are identical construction-wise. There may be some differences in other models. I have a Diezel 412R and a Bogner Uberkab. The differences include: grill cloth color, company logo, the Diezel has chrome corner protectors and a stereo input, the Uberkab has poly-fiber batting stapled on the inside back panel. I actually did this myself to my Diezel cab. Then the speakers differ from cab to cab. The actual wood frame boxes are identical as far as I can tell.

Here is the thread where Peter confirms that they are made by the same company - Maverick Enclosures.

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6636

Here is a pic of my cabs side-by-side:

Herbert-Uberschall1.jpg

diezel front loaded with v30's is the best cab ive ever played...especially with my Herbert...you should try this cab..its so punch, articulate and clear....i love it...though id love to try the diezel customs in it at some point.

A Diezel cab is cool. Get a speaker combination though. All 4 V30's sounds buzzy to my ears after playing the Uber config cabs for quite a while. I go to my buddys house that has the straight up V30 cabs and it always sounds just okay. When he comes over here w/ his heads they sound killer thru my cabs. I have 1 4x12 w 2 65's and 2 V30's; and another w/ 2 70's and 2 V30's. ("X") I think the new 75's would be a good try. They sound great in an UberCab. I prefer the Mesa larger "Standard" cabs myself.
:rawk:

Back