Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Mar 26, 2019 8:22am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed, Jan 02, 2019 3:23pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
I received the OK to ship email from Reverb back on the 14th of Dec. The buyer received 68 Telecaster on the 21rst, and immediately
put in for Refund. Reverb has kept my $3000 dollars and here I am in the new year with neither my Guitar or my $3000.
Never in my life have I felt so ripped off and victimized by Scammer in Salinas CA. and his partner REVERB.
All I get from Reverb now is , we will get back to you today, we are referring this to...,and yada yada yada for almost three weeks now.
If you sell anything on reverb you are out of your mind.

PostPosted: Sat, Jan 05, 2019 7:09pm 
Supah Stah

What was the buyer claiming?

PostPosted: Sun, Jan 06, 2019 11:22pm 
Hack

He was claiming there was a missing ferrel (the little round thing that gets tapped in around a tuning peg). The frets showed signs of wear, the neck pickup was,nt
The original. All of which were clearly visible in the sixteen photos on listing. (Each photo was at least 3MBs.). And each item talked about on our 40 minute phonecall. We talked about the difference between a three thousand dollar Telecaster and a Seven thousand dollar Telecaster. My beef is more with Reverb and the try before you buy guarantee they have with someone else's stuff. By the way Reverb sided with the buyer, and is shipping my guitar back to me. I probably won't see it for a few weeks if I'm correct about they're overall lack of caring. If you sell on reverb you are rolling the dice. I plan on posting pics on Rig Talk and you guys can decide for yourselves.

PostPosted: Thu, Jan 10, 2019 4:54pm 
Rock God

Tommyg06 wrote:
He was claiming there was a missing ferrel (the little round thing that gets tapped in around a tuning peg). The frets showed signs of wear, the neck pickup was,nt
The original. All of which were clearly visible in the sixteen photos on listing. (Each photo was at least 3MBs.). And each item talked about on our 40 minute phonecall. We talked about the difference between a three thousand dollar Telecaster and a Seven thousand dollar Telecaster. My beef is more with Reverb and the try before you buy guarantee they have with someone else's stuff. By the way Reverb sided with the buyer, and is shipping my guitar back to me. I probably won't see it for a few weeks if I'm correct about they're overall lack of caring. If you sell on reverb you are rolling the dice. I plan on posting pics on Rig Talk and you guys can decide for yourselves.

TBH, you are rolling the dice anywhere you sell online.

Unless it is a face to face transaction you are at risk as a seller. That is why I highly prefer to sell on Rig Talk, price gear lower on here and only deal with people who have been here with a track record. Even here people have been screwed over.

This sucks and sorry to hear about your issue but it is the truth, always a risk.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 11, 2019 9:12am 
Journeyman NOOB

That’s whack. So reverb lets the buyer ask for a refund and gets it without first sending the item back?

What backwards ass company is this?

Note to self. Don’t sell anything on Reverb.

PostPosted: Fri, Jan 11, 2019 10:31am 
Plank Cranker

I never sell/ship anything worth much over $100 online. Higher price items, face to face only.