Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Aug 21, 2019 4:14pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Flake alert: tcrash
PostPosted: Sun, Jul 28, 2019 4:59pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
User tcrash commited to buying my amp, and then went MIA. I sent him two PMs and also replied to him in the forum twice. I'm pretty sure he received notifications because he was online within minutes of both, and has been online since.

Last edited by boyedav on Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:50am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09, 2019 4:00pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

boyedav wrote:
User tcrash commited to buying my amp, and then went MIA. I sent him two PMs and also replied to him in the forum twice. I'm pretty sure he received notifications because he was online within minutes of both, and has been online since.

Not really a deadbeat buyer, since he didn't buy it. Not trying to play devils advocate here..he should have told you he was no longer interested...but shit happens.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 09, 2019 4:54pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

sutepaj wrote:

Not really a deadbeat buyer, since he didn't buy it. Not trying to play devils advocate here..he should have told you he was no longer interested...but shit happens.

Right, a buyer who doesn't follow through technically isn't a buyer, but "deadbeat buyer" is still the common term for that. Would it have satisfied you semantically if I'd left off the word "buyer"?

The dude says "I'll take", which sounds like a commitment to me. He didn't say, "I'm interested" or "more info please". He even asked for my paypal info, which I sent him. But he never paid. I sent him two PMs and left two replies in the thread, but I've never received a reply, and he's on here regularly. You're also assuming he changed his mind, when he may have had no intention at all of following through. To not respond one way or the other doesn't sound like someone acting in good faith. Total deadbeat buyer.

See, this is why some guys are reluctant to sell on the forums. They want the protection of eBay/Paypal/Reverb because some people are flakes. Then there's no real accountability, especially when you come behind to normalize it (shit happens?) while seemingly having a bigger issue with the manner in which it's called out.

I sold the amp and got what I wanted out of it, but I'm also going to let the other forum members know there's a guy here whose word means shit.

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 1:16am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

In the history of me selling crap online, which is decades in the making, can I ever tell you a time someone said they'd buy something and just never committed or went missing? Reality check- Dude, That stuff happens all the time. And aren't you glad you two didn't have an actual transaction.

If McDonalds guys asks- If I want fries with that" and I say "I'll Take it" and then I never pay for the happy meal, I'M NOT GETTING MY FRIES!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

TC Electronic BG250
(2) Randall RM100's

Salvation MTS mods- Rockerverb, Mesa Mark IV, CCV, Ultra XL
Kemper

Peace & ZEN

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:49am 
Supah Stah

I would just change the title to "flake alert".

People that say "I'll take it", and ask for your PayPal, then blow you off are douchebags. Plain and simple.

I hate cowards that can't even respond. Changing your mind is one thing, but going out of their way to avoid you is being a total coward. I don't blame OP one bit. Everyone should be aware of this clown.

Last edited by napalmdeath on Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:52am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:52am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

napalmdeath wrote:
I would just change the title to "flake alert".

People that say "I'll take it", and ask for your PayPal, then blow you off are douchebags. Plain and simple.

I hate cowards that can't even respond. Changing your mind is one thing, but going out of their way to avoid you is being a total coward. I don't blame OP one bit. Everyone should be aware of this clown.

That seems reasonable. Title changed.

I hate when people can't seem be up front and on the level when it comes to the simplest of things. What I really don't get though is the eagerness of people to defend that.

Last edited by boyedav on Sat, Aug 10, 2019 9:18am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 8:56am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

the rossness wrote:
In the history of me selling crap online, which is decades in the making, can I ever tell you a time someone said they'd buy something and just never committed or went missing? Reality check- Dude, That stuff happens all the time. And aren't you glad you two didn't have an actual transaction.

If McDonalds guys asks- If I want fries with that" and I say "I'll Take it" and then I never pay for the happy meal, I'M NOT GETTING MY FRIES!!!!!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

How is changing your mind about an up-sell during a face-to-face purchase even remotely analogous? A better example would be ordering at the drive through, but then driving off without saying anything.

The dude committed to buying and then went MIA, or more likely never intended to follow through at all. All I did was post about it in the forum designed for that. I get that this happens all the time, but that doesn't make it acceptable.

Honestly, I'm not shocked when people flake on deals. What shocks me is how eager you and others are to normalize what they do, while taking issue with them being held accountable for it.

Post subject: Re: Flake alert: tcrash
PostPosted: Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:27am 

I bought and sold hundreds of things thru the years.
I don’t hold items for people unless they are friends I’ve delt with that tell me
‘Hey man. I will get you the money by Friday ‘
Then I hold it.
Others I always say ‘fine it’s considered yours once I get the funds. But until then it is still for sale until
I get money.’

Money talks Bullshit walks :D

Post subject: Re: Flake alert: tcrash
PostPosted: Mon, Aug 12, 2019 3:35pm 
Plank Cranker

Not at all saying that's a cool thing to do, especially if you need the cash...and sometimes it's really, really important, otherwise we wouldn't be selling our gear in the first place...but, tcrash in all my dealings and communication with him has been all positive. A shout out and explanation/apology would have probably gone a long way mr. tcrash.