Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Aug 20, 2019 8:55pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Abbath78 scammed me
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 2:36pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
fatbagg wrote:
The Helios Eclipse is insanely good! Here is me playing that exact amp before it was shipped out, one dream theater piece and one freestyle play on Eclipse+ mode.

https://youtu.be/Lgk_BIilenc

https://youtu.be/K9P_OyMhxyU

Thaanks for posting these. Sounds awsome, bad pre amp tubes my ass! Thanks for the heads up. Cant wait to jump in the classifieds on these findings. Sorry for your experience, glad it did resolve after your 30 day loan was paid back.. great chops!

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 5:05pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

We are probably getting off track but I have an Eclipse now too that just showed up ! I almost bought the one Abbath was selling, good thing I didnt ! ! Anyways yeah its a great sounding amp , has a forward midrange and a smooth high end . Can get plenty tight for rhythm and has a great lead tone. One of those do it all, cover alot of ground type amps.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 6:10pm 
Supah Stah

hatrick00 wrote:
Anyone who files a paypal claim over tube issues deserves to be banned from rig talk. When you buy a used amp you better be ready to roll all tubes. If you don’t understand this you have a lot of learning to do. Bye Felicia.

Agreed. Have spare tubes, and suck it up. It happens.

Now, knowingly selling something with bad tubes, that's another story.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 6:13pm 
Supah Stah

the4thlast1 wrote:
We are probably getting off track but I have an Eclipse now too that just showed up ! I almost bought the one Abbath was selling, good thing I didnt ! ! Anyways yeah its a great sounding amp , has a forward midrange and a smooth high end . Can get plenty tight for rhythm and has a great lead tone. One of those do it all, cover alot of ground type amps.

I had the original Helios, and loved it.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 6:33pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

the4thlast1 wrote:

I’m kind of finding myself wishing I didn’t sell it. It was great. I replaced it with a JP2C and not content with it. At least I have my Herbert.

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 7:47pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Well, I guess I should weigh in here since I’m the guy who bought it.
I did see all your videos on it, including the ones posted above (I watched every Eclipse video on YouTube multiple times actually) and started a thread on it vs the Helios and Ecstasy. I dwelled on getting one for months and bought a Splawn Quick Rod, Fryette Sig X and a few other things instead. But knew I’d end up getting one until I eventually caved and bought one.

I don’t know or care to get into what happened here. I buy, sell and trade a lot and I’ve traded with Abbath before and it was smooth, even though we had to work through a Canadian postal strike. So I felt pretty safe in buying and still feel good about the purchase. It’s on the way and I can’t wait to get it. At the price point, I’d get anything repaired, but I don’t expect it to have any issues.

I’m sorry things went down like this. Maybe things could have worked out better if you guys would have picked up the phone and spoken to one another. Not judging, but usually that would make a big difference in working things out, especially in a tight-nit amp community. But what’s done is done I guess.

gtkdev on TGP​

Good deals with Green Pro Am, Holy-Diver, Blessedadversary777, Adam of Angels, Base341, bwgintegra ...

http://ashenreign.com

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 8:34pm 
Rock God

maddnotez wrote:
abbath78 wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Beandust wrote:
All the gear people have on this forum and pre amp tubes cause a fucking dispute? That is Fucking pathetic period. If 2 people cant be happy selling a tube amp over pre amp tubes and work out an agreement without paypal even being involved is so pathetic it sucks to even be reading this shit. Pathetic. Maybe it was 2000 dollar nos stock RCA 12ax7 pres... my fault

If it was just Preamp tubes, no problem. But I’m not coming out of pocket $200 and refunding for something that you are selling as mint behind my back.

Yes, the preamp tubes in a amp listed as mint should work. Which is why I replaced the garbage you had in there before I sold the amp. Regardless, I won't be disputing this any further as it's a closed case with Paypal. The fact that you felt the need to make a post in the classified section of a gear site only reinforces your immaturity. Peace

This isn't guitar center bud. Should always be prepared to get a bad tube on a used amp. Even brand new amps have defective tubes out of the box or damaged from shipping. If you want a warranty go to GC or buy new.

Yeah technically you can file a dispute for this and I can understand simply not knowing what the issue was and filing a claim but reading between the lines with all the other comments and other ads and forums, etc...yikes. As a forum member with previous deals you should already know tubes are made of glass.

This!
I never, ever ever expect tubes from ANY amp I buy, here or elsewhere, to be worth a shit....I always plan on tube rolling because of the high failure rate of newer tubes AND the risk of shipping damage, even if packed well. This is akin to buying a car, you always change the oil because then you KNOW it's all good. This is just a part of normal maintenance to any tube amp, IMO.

Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDE 3000
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
Peavey Butcher Cab w/K85s
2009 Charvel USA Candy Plum SoCal
2008 Charvel USA Candy Tangerine SoCal
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 8:55pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

stratjacket wrote:
Well, I guess I should weigh in here since I’m the guy who bought it.
I did see all your videos on it, including the ones posted above (I watched every Eclipse video on YouTube multiple times actually) and started a thread on it vs the Helios and Ecstasy. I dwelled on getting one for months and bought a Splawn Quick Rod, Fryette Sig X and a few other things instead. But knew I’d end up getting one until I eventually caved and bought one.

I don’t know or care to get into what happened here. I buy, sell and trade a lot and I’ve traded with Abbath before and it was smooth, even though we had to work through a Canadian postal strike. So I felt pretty safe in buying and still feel good about the purchase. It’s on the way and I can’t wait to get it. At the price point, I’d get anything repaired, but I don’t expect it to have any issues.

I’m sorry things went down like this. Maybe things could have worked out better if you guys would have picked up the phone and spoken to one another. Not judging, but usually that would make a big difference in working things out, especially in a tight-nit amp community. But what’s done is done I guess.

You’ll love it more than likely, it’s truly an amazing amp!

PostPosted: Thu, Apr 18, 2019 11:27pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I wish Fatbagg and Abbath78 could work everything out and close this thread on a good note. That would do a lot to restore some trust around here. I don't want to comment more than necessary or take sides, but It's odd how it went from a simple tube issue straight to a Paypal dispute. In fact, from the way things were presented, it sounds like the tubes weren't even bad, but rather just mix-matched. Even if some of the tubes were faulty, it would have been simple enough to resolve. I don't know if there's any way to defend putting something up for sale as "mint" after filing a Paypal dispute. It would have been great if Fatbagg opened the thread with some evidence, timeline, and sequence of events instead of a brief, vague post. Abbath78's responses in this thread were rather disappointing as he seems to have done some things that require some degree of explanation. I hope you guys can work smooth things out and turn this into something positive.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 8:38am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

One vital piece of the situation is missing, although it will not excuse Abbath's moves, but may help explain them..
What were the preamp tubes Fatgagg sent with the amp?
For an amp this new in production and that high up the boutique scale, there would be a reasonable expectation that the amp came with the original tubes, as preamp tubes last many years, and if not, then a newer set of the same model tubes would be the minimum I would expect
If they were a 'mish mash', as Abbath has said, and that would set off anyone having dropped big money on such a new piece
It seems to have driven a previously reliable buyer to meltdown and lose his usual reasonable approach
That balance to the situation is needed to help give a fuller picture

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 9:21am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Sick Squid wrote:
One vital piece of the situation is missing, although it will not excuse Abbath's moves, but may help explain them..
For an amp this new in production and that high up the boutique scale, there would be a reasonable expectation that the amp came with the original tubes, as preamp tubes last many years, and if not, then a newer set of the same model tubes would be the minimum I would expect
If they were a 'mish mash', as Abbath has said, and that would set off anyone having dropped big money on such a new piece
It seems to have driven a previously reliable buyer to meltdown and lose his usual reasonable approach

Even if it had a mix of proper tubes, that could have been easily handled. However, the amp had a sovtek lps in the PI slot, and the other positions were the Bogner recommended Shuguang 12ax7B. If that’s a mixed batch of tubes to cause a problem...

Again, however, in either case, the stacked lies and claiming it was broken and tying up my money and amp? As well, he NEVER mentioned an issue with mixed tubes until he tried to defend himself here. If you look at the messages posted, my first response to his dispute was I offered to buy him an entire set of tubes and send it. The problem at its core, however, was he just didn’t want the amp, hence immediately selling it while disputing with me via PayPal. His outlook was that he was getting his money either way. If he won the dispute, he got his money back to try another amp. If he sold it first, he would drop the dispute...which is what happened, other than he got caught lying/manipulating everyone.

I get where you are coming from, but the tubes were all the same minus the PI spot. On another note, it is not uncommon to have various Preamp tubes either. I mean you can order sets from most tube store for these amps with 3 or more different tube types. But I understand an amp this new might look better with all matching tube types, which it DID have. I wish the deal could e gone smooth as well, even if I had to do a return, I would honor that, no problem. But I won’t be used as a ‘try before you buy’ and lied to.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 9:57am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Amazing how people on here want to be ok with this bs. Filed a dispute after having the amp for 3 days? Thinking that is ok is not choosing a side? Posting an amp you label as being defective for sale in the classifieds as mint* and filing a paypal dispute telling the rigtalker you purchased it from it Is defective is something a buyer and seller should have to workout? UNREAL, obviously the ones mentioning * not take a side are trying to give props to the shady shit that was pulled. I wouldn't buy a patch cable from this dude! If I did I expect exactly what the fuck I am Leary about! And he has gear for sale in the classifieds now! Utterly fucking FUCKED! GREAT forum, as long as it wasnt me I am ok with it" I had great transactions with him so that makes it ok to fuck someone else as long as it's not me I am cool with it" fucked!

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 11:23am 
Supah Stah

Sounds to me like he didn't like it, or buyer's remorse, and fabricating an issue with it was plan B if he couldn't flip it. Kinda fucked up stringing someone along, and tying up their funds over your own ignorance.. Totally a dick move. I wouldn't buy or sell shit to this assclown. It's unacceptable, regardless. Anyone defending this behavior is nuts.

Last edited by napalmdeath on Fri, Apr 19, 2019 11:36am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 11:25am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Unfortunate incident on here, but hopefully we can move forward... I'd like to hear a detailed review of the Eclipse. I heard it has a LOT of gain, so it's can get pretty noisey. But I like what I've heard in clips!

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 12:02pm 
Supah Stah

Shady AF. Surprised he didn’t list it as having the “built in flanger and swirling chorus mod.”

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 12:52pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
Unfortunate incident on here, but hopefully we can move forward... I'd like to hear a detailed review of the Eclipse. I heard it has a LOT of gain, so it's can get pretty noisey. But I like what I've heard in clips!

It is an absolute monster of an amp, very full and harmonic. Easy to play, very forgiving. To me it had a Diezelesque quality to the higher gain sides. Other than a 101b, it’s my favorite bogner. I’d take it over the 20th any day.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 1:16pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

fatbagg wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

It is an absolute monster of an amp, very full and harmonic. Easy to play, very forgiving. To me it had a Diezelesque quality to the higher gain sides. Other than a 101b, it’s my favorite bogner. I’d take it over the 20th any day.

For your demos, do you remember what cab/speakers and roughly what your amp settings were?

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 2:34pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

memberzonly wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

For your demos, do you remember what cab/speakers and roughly what your amp settings were?

UK (Mesa) V30s, presence 8:30-9:00, treble 1000, mid 11-1, bass 9:00, gain 1:00. I used Eclipse+ and 80s mode.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 2:41pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Ya I don’t think there is any good explanation to what happened here. It was clearly an unethical move.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 4:14pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Well, I have one showing up Monday! I’m pretty stoked. There isn’t too much information on these. On paper it seems to be a perfect amp. We shall see!

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 4:55pm 
Plank Cranker

Beandust wrote:
Amazing how people on here want to be ok with this bs. Filed a dispute after having the amp for 3 days? Thinking that is ok is not choosing a side? Posting an amp you label as being defective for sale in the classifieds as mint* and filing a paypal dispute telling the rigtalker you purchased it from it Is defective is something a buyer and seller should have to workout? UNREAL, obviously the ones mentioning * not take a side are trying to give props to the shady shit that was pulled. I wouldn't buy a patch cable from this dude! If I did I expect exactly what the fuck I am Leary about! And he has gear for sale in the classifieds now! Utterly fucking FUCKED! GREAT forum, as long as it wasnt me I am ok with it" I had great transactions with him so that makes it ok to fuck someone else as long as it's not me I am cool with it" fucked!

The fact the he had it up for sale as mint while he was telling Paypal it was broken, holding the sellers forced refund is clearly unethical and just downright wrong. I doubt there was ever anything wrong with the amp. He was just setting the stage with PP so he could force a return upon the seller, but not right away... because he wanted to play the amp and really decide if he wanted to return it.

Once people see other people abusing the PP policies with no retribution more and more are going to try things like this. With paypal policies private sales can be forced to refund up to 90 days after the item is delivered. I'm glad you got your refund money returned to you fatbbag you could have lost out on your amp and money.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 5:37pm 
Scumback Speakers

There was a guy in LA who was doing that crap. Buying an amp and filing a paypal claim as soon as it showed up, using it as a means to try amps, then return them like it was Guitar Center. Some vintage dealer guy. Forgot his name, Kamm or something like that.

In any case, that kind of stuff stinks.

310-833-6632 sales@scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 5:39pm 
Supah Stah

Scumback Speakers wrote:
There was a guy in LA who was doing that crap. Buying an amp and filing a paypal claim as soon as it showed up, using it as a means to try amps, then return them like it was Guitar Center. Some vintage dealer guy. Forgot his name, Kamm or something like that.

Kamran, I believe. He did it to Savage Riffer!

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 6:16pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

These people need to be banned from the classified section imo.

PostPosted: Fri, Apr 19, 2019 7:49pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Scumback Speakers wrote:

It's such a shit move. It does not take into account peoples time, money, the REAL potential for a shipping service to truly mess something up (which is very high), theft..ect. We as musicians should watch out for each other, not pull these scheisser moves. :no:

PostPosted: Sat, Apr 20, 2019 7:38pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

Wow, I learned some interesting stuff.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 10:30am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I’ve never had pp hold funds on anything I sold . That’s just weird .
Anyway glad u got ur money

Taylor 814
Bogner Ecstasy
Tracy amps AC1 50 watter (my brand)
Diezel VH2
Marshall jcm 800 2204
Marshall full stack 2-4x12
Mesa 2x12
sour mash vertical 2x12
EVH 15 watt lunchbox

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 10:51am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

[quote="splatter"]I’ve never had pp hold funds on anything I sold . That’s just weird .
Anyway glad u got ur money

A dispute puts it on hold.

Also if you have an High increase in sales in a short time that it out of the ordinary, PayPal can put a hold on random ones as a security measure. In this case it was a dispute.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 10:51am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

The fact that Abbath78 hasn’t been back to comment speaks volumes. Stay away.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 11:09am 
Scumback Speakers

In 15 years of the speaker business I've had five disputes. Every single one was by a scammer or idiot trying to pull a fast one. The last time I had one was about 3 years ago. A bozo here in So Cal bought a new Scumback M75 to match his used M75. Told me it got damaged in shipping, shipped it back damaged even further than his description. I have hidden date codes on my speakers, then a "Shipping Date" on the label. The rat bastard swapped the new label to the old speaker, kept the new one and filed a dispute. I showed paypal the build date, then the ship date. When they were 18 months apart, they agreed that I probably didn't build his speaker 18 months in advance, then put a new label on it.

Paypal then told me he had four different paypal disputes in three months over shipping damage, and two claims with Fedex over it, too. So the rat bastid was buying used/dead speakers, getting his money refunded by both paypal and Fedex.

I put a stop to that.

Some people are just plain wired wrong, and think they can do anything.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 11:34am 
Supah Stah

Just wanted to add to this thread that I have experienced two fraud related disputes on Ebay over the last month! After being on ebay with no problems since 1999, times are changing.

The first was a dispute through paypal stating the 4 Celestions I sold were unauthorized transaction on his credit card. I contacted the buyer and he said he never disputed the charge? Paypal was contacted and they eventually returned my money- no explanation given.

Next up.. just sold an amp to a guy in Kentucky.. a few days AFTER the amp was delivered I get a dispute claim, this time through ebay, indicating the "amp never arrived". The ole "package never arrived" thing. I provided the tracking again indicating the package was delivered to the customer per fedex. The guy never emailed me directly ever.. went straight for the ebay dispute channel. Very strange fraud going on these days. The dispute is still open even though ebay told me over the phone that they will be siding with me based on the evidence.

Its really souring any eventual selling that I do.. I dont like the power paypal has to confiscate when anyone can make a claim and the seller has to prove the negative. My selling days are numbered I think. just as well anyway, all the amps I buy make me sound like me anyway. lol

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 1:26pm 
Plank Cranker

lespaul6 wrote:
Next up.. just sold an amp to a guy in Kentucky.. a few days AFTER the amp was delivered I get a dispute claim, this time through ebay, indicating the "amp never arrived". The ole "package never arrived" thing. I provided the tracking again indicating the package was delivered to the customer per fedex. The guy never emailed me directly ever.. went straight for the ebay dispute channel. Very strange fraud going on these days. The dispute is still open even though ebay told me over the phone that they will be siding with me based on the evidence.

Its really souring any eventual selling that I do.. I dont like the power paypal has to confiscate when anyone can make a claim and the seller has to prove the negative. My selling days are numbered I think. just as well anyway, all the amps I buy make me sound like me anyway. lol

Sounds like this guy isn't too bright, since he did not ask for a signature required for delivery, it is on him if it gets ripped off from his house once it's delivered unless something has changed policy wise, FedEx won't pay a claim for a stolen package. Ebay or paypal can't possibly expect you(the seller) to cover a situation like this, can they? PP seems to be becoming quite authoritarian as of late. I've also heard they are demanding PP members send them a photocopy of a drivers license and social security card, I wouldn't trust them with that info, it's bad enough they have access to your Bank account.

I think people are just setting the stages with PP with their purchases so they can buy and try used gear and with the 90 days refund period PP is enforcing on sellers is draconian and even longer than Sweetwater's 45 day return policy. I see alot of private sellers leaving the market place if this keeps up.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 4:01pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Scumback Speakers wrote:
In 15 years of the speaker business I've had five disputes. Every single one was by a scammer or idiot trying to pull a fast one. The last time I had one was about 3 years ago. A bozo here in So Cal bought a new Scumback M75 to match his used M75. Told me it got damaged in shipping, shipped it back damaged even further than his description. I have hidden date codes on my speakers, then a "Shipping Date" on the label. The rat bastard swapped the new label to the old speaker, kept the new one and filed a dispute. I showed paypal the build date, then the ship date. When they were 18 months apart, they agreed that I probably didn't build his speaker 18 months in advance, then put a new label on it.

Paypal then told me he had four different paypal disputes in three months over shipping damage, and two claims with Fedex over it, too. So the rat bastid was buying used/dead speakers, getting his money refunded by both paypal and Fedex.

I put a stop to that.

Seems like a genius way to do a low overhead reconing business :lol: :LOL:

Mojo 4x12 w/G12H-30s & V30s
1988 Les Paul 1959 Reissue
Chubtone #17
Charvel Satchel

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 5:25pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

fatbagg wrote:
Sick Squid wrote:

Even if it had a mix of proper tubes, that could have been easily handled. However, the amp had a sovtek lps in the PI slot, and the other positions were the Bogner recommended Shuguang 12ax7B. If that’s a mixed batch of tubes to cause a problem...

Again, however, in either case, the stacked lies and claiming it was broken and tying up my money and amp? As well, he NEVER mentioned an issue with mixed tubes until he tried to defend himself here. If you look at the messages posted, my first response to his dispute was I offered to buy him an entire set of tubes and send it. The problem at its core, however, was he just didn’t want the amp, hence immediately selling it while disputing with me via PayPal. His outlook was that he was getting his money either way. If he won the dispute, he got his money back to try another amp. If he sold it first, he would drop the dispute...which is what happened, other than he got caught lying/manipulating everyone.

I get where you are coming from, but the tubes were all the same minus the PI spot. On another note, it is not uncommon to have various Preamp tubes either. I mean you can order sets from most tube store for these amps with 3 or more different tube types. But I understand an amp this new might look better with all matching tube types, which it DID have. I wish the deal could e gone smooth as well, even if I had to do a return, I would honor that, no problem. But I won’t be used as a ‘try before you buy’ and lied to.

No counter from Abbath.
Your info seems legit, and you know your tubes.
I would have simply thrown in a new tube into the first position and assessed the sounds from there.

The Eclipse is quite an assault, and as a seasoned Bogner user, was not a sound I was expecting when I demoed the amp.
Seems like this case was buyer's remorse gone ballistic.

PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 5:54pm 
Scumback Speakers

scottosan wrote:
Seems like a genius way to do a low overhead reconing business :lol: :LOL:

I'm sure he got away with it with some companies, just not mine. Still it was a real fucktard move, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 10:41am 
Rock God

Scumback Speakers wrote:
I have hidden date codes on my speakers, then a "Shipping Date" on the label.

:lol: :LOL: That is pretty awesome honestly. Foolproof way of not getting beat by on of these guys.

Shouldn't have to worry about those things but unfortunately you do.

I agree that people should look out for each other, especially gear nerds. Weather it be a good company, a forum dude or whoever. Karma is a bitch though.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 7:11pm 
Supah Stah

Sick Squid wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sick Squid wrote:

No counter from Abbath.
I would have simply thrown in a new tube into the first position and assessed the sounds from there.

The Eclipse is quite an assault, and as a seasoned Bogner user, was not a sound I was expecting when I demoed the amp.

Damn near every amp I've sold had a preamp cocktail. Alot of times I rolled tubes and left the best compliment in it. The Bogner probably had all JJ or all Chinese, neither of which would be my choice. Hell, an LPS in the PI is typically an upgrade. I normally go with a Tungsol in V1, JJ in 2 & 3, and LPS in the PI.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 9:17pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

napalmdeath wrote:
Sick Squid wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sick Squid wrote:

No counter from Abbath.

Damn near every amp I've sold had a preamp cocktail. Alot of times I rolled tubes and left the best compliment in it. The Bogner probably had all JJ or all Chinese, neither of which would be my choice. Hell, an LPS in the PI is typically an upgrade. I normally go with a Tungsol in V1, JJ in 2 & 3, and LPS in the PI.

Almost every time I have bought a used amp on the internet, I have told them to just take the tubes out and keep them. Send it with no tubes.

PostPosted: Mon, Apr 22, 2019 10:14pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

https://youtu.be/R0wla6Q1elY

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24, 2019 10:56am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Scumback Speakers wrote:

I put a stop to that.

Douchebag Pfapin... if I recall correctly. Dude is/was shady. :jerkit:

Solid Deals on R-T: exo-metal, Ignoramus, Metalone72, Blitzie, acalaf, theminijimmy, dawnofdreamx97
slofgriff, tarices22, NewWorldMan, Gsxrbusa, lp freak, benduncan, ibenhad, steve_k, mmorse
tlingen, snowblind56, smdb, tonesfoyobones, esizer, olfeman28, dwizted, headlessdeadguy
Devilinside, calhoun tubbs, Mklane, PaulyPanacea, borninwinter,Mailman1971, cameron711
the4thlast1, tcrash, hazmat33, glassjaw7, just42dave, axegod8185, dual lead, sjk, davyped
tfridgen, J.B., Audioholic, Laura

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24, 2019 12:19pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Sad day when Guitar Center has become the best place to buy used gear.

PostPosted: Wed, Apr 24, 2019 11:23pm 
Scumback Speakers

dooredge wrote:
Douchebag Pfapin... if I recall correctly. Dude is/was shady. :jerkit:

Nope, not in this instance, but he definitely tried to. He actually fucked Fedex with his return shipment of speakers. His uncle ran a UPS store. He had his shitty packing job "certified" by Fedex with false information about the contents. The Fedex claims guy came out, inspected the damage due to 1/2" of packing for four speakers (two boxes of them), and told me they were screwed because of the way it was represented and certified. He declined to tell me what was stated or represented, but the guy was pissed. So pfapin05 he got all his money back, purposely packed the speakers badly, and skated on being a douche 18 months later.

That's the kind of crap I'm talking about, though, so you did guess right on one count.

PostPosted: Mon, May 06, 2019 9:44pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Count me in as one of the people having problems with this guy

Here's my thread: https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=203166

PostPosted: Tue, May 07, 2019 2:36pm 
Plank Cranker

Looks like the pattern continues. I had a couple of pending deals with him that he never followed through. He'd ask about a guitar, we'd agree on a price, I'd give him my paypal info, then nothing. No reply to me asking if it was still on, nothing. Would see him posting gear FS whatever all during this. Then a few months later he'd start the process over again. Never reported it as he never truly "scammed" me, but still... got a bad feeling to the point I wouldn't have tried to sell him anything again. Good move he's been banned.

Good deals with glpg80, metalhead, motorpud, texmarkmusic, projectx102, Dark Aegis, DaveP, glip22, Captain Stinko, mctallica1, 232cap, hthomas, drumdude, gbsmusic, steve39stripes, PaulyPanacea, tehuk, apophis, KingGuitar, danyeo, tripwirecartel, kensmith, 232cap, AdamofAngels, psychodave

PostPosted: Tue, May 07, 2019 4:26pm 
Plank Cranker

overthemountain wrote:
Looks like the pattern continues. I had a couple of pending deals with him that he never followed through. He'd ask about a guitar, we'd agree on a price, I'd give him my paypal info, then nothing. No reply to me asking if it was still on, nothing. Would see him posting gear FS whatever all during this. Then a few months later he'd start the process over again. Never reported it as he never truly "scammed" me, but still... got a bad feeling to the point I wouldn't have tried to sell him anything again. Good move he's been banned.

Wow, I have been through the same exact thing with that guy..super flaky dude.

PostPosted: Tue, May 07, 2019 6:37pm 
Rock God

Wow, repeat offender. Any grace is certainly gone.

Ban this guy already.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Wed, May 08, 2019 10:41pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

One of the other threads said he was gone.

What a stain.

PostPosted: Thu, May 09, 2019 8:14am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

he has a guitar listed for sale in the classifieds and his profile still looks active - guess he's not banned.

Wizard MTL
Cabs: Orange
Gibson CS Les Pauls
Knaggs Singlecuts