It is currently Wed, Jul 08, 2020 2:19am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 12:01pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Sell me one!

PostPosted: Sun, Feb 23, 2020 7:34pm 
Rock God

Are you human?: 951
Just get a Monomyth, you’ll be just as happy minus the drama and price tag.

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 3:19pm 
Rock God

Have to watch the forums daily and check suckerfreegear.

Cameron is still making amps and selling them on Reverb as far as I know. https://reverb.com/shop/suckerfreegear

I also just saw a CCV and Atomica maybe sell on TGP recently. They are rare but keep checking.

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 24, 2020 3:19pm 
Rock God

double post

"It is better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05, 2020 6:15pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

Someone's selling an Atomica on Reverb.

Dat price tho :scared:

https://reverb.com/item/34056018-camero ... d-marshall

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05, 2020 7:45pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

They’re crazy. I got ahold of one. Was good, but was not quite what hype has let us to believe. $5000? I would hope that nobody would pay more for a Cameron than they would an original IIC+ or SLO or something.

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05, 2020 8:27pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

They’re crazy. I got ahold of one. Was good, but was not quite what hype has let us to believe. $5000? I would hope that nobody would pay more for a Cameron than they would an original IIC+ or SLO or something.

Out of curiosity have you tried other Cameron’s beside that Ocean modded Marshall?

I agree that they’re overpriced and overhyped (especially that Atomica listing), but I would just say the production amps like the ccv and Atomica sound and feel very different to me than his modded Marshall’s. I have a ccv (tried 2 others and an Atomica) and still have one Cameron modded Marshall left (had 3 others in the past and have tried a few others), very different. Even the 4 modded amps I had from him were all different sounding from each other (Aldrich, Jose, Atomica)

I actually like his mods better overall since you’ll get a more raw, lively sound with that Marshall-y goodness, but the ccv has this very tight, robust and articulate thing going on that you won’t get from his modded Marshall’s. It also has this very filtered, modern, compressed sound that you won’t hear in in his mods or vintage amps. You still may not end up keeping one anyway, but given how much you like that Engl Steve Morse, it may be worth trying one if you get a chance just to at least see what that flavor is like and whether it’s your thing or not. I honestly wouldn’t have guessed that the mods and actual amps were both by Cameron if I didn’t see the label beforehand

1997 Diezel VH4 Blueface
1964 Fender Vibroverb
2018 Gjika 10N
1981 Hiwatt DR103
1980 Jim Kelley
Monomyth modded 1979 Marshall JMP2203
1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2554 Combo
McIntyre Bluesmaker (for sale)
Mesa/Boogie Mark iic+ HRG combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark iii++ coliseum (blue stripe)
Mesa/Boogie Mark iii++ coliseum (no stripe)
1986 Randall RG100ES
Vox AC15 clone (x2)
1962 Vox AC30
2016 Wizard MTL

Bogner UberKab w/ Fane F90/V30
Diezel 412 FL w/ Fane F90/V30
Fryette Fatbottom 412 (unloaded)
Friedman 212/215 (Celestion Alnico Gold’s/Fullback 15’s)
Kerry Wright 412 (G12-T75’s vented)

Guitars: Keepers: ‘69 Les Paul Custom, ‘64 SG Jr, ‘57 Les Paul Jr, ‘78 Gibson S1, 2 EGC’s, Charvel Custom, ESP Custom, ‘86 Schecter, Zerberus, DC, McInturff Glory, Fberma, DC, Barlow, 2 Carvin, 4 VTT

For Sale: 3 Ogres, Palir, 2 Ggress, Riggio, Pheo, Valley Arts

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 05, 2020 11:06pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

Out of curiosity have you tried other Cameron’s beside that Ocean modded Marshall?

I agree that they’re overpriced and overhyped (especially that Atomica listing), but I would just say the production amps like the ccv and Atomica sound and feel very different to me than his modded Marshall’s. I have a ccv (tried 2 others and an Atomica) and still have one Cameron modded Marshall left (had 3 others in the past and have tried a few others), very different. Even the 4 modded amps I had from him were all different sounding from each other (Aldrich, Jose, Atomica)

I actually like his mods better overall since you’ll get a more raw, lively sound with that Marshall-y goodness, but the ccv has this very tight, robust and articulate thing going on that you won’t get from his modded Marshall’s. It also has this very filtered, modern, compressed sound that you won’t hear in in his mods or vintage amps. You still may not end up keeping one anyway, but given how much you like that Engl Steve Morse, it may be worth trying one if you get a chance just to at least see what that flavor is like and whether it’s your thing or not. I honestly wouldn’t have guessed that the mods and actual amps were both by Cameron if I didn’t see the label beforehand

I completely agree with you here, though my experiences are limited with Cameron’s! I did end up with a production Cameron as well. It was really awesome, and was pretty unique. Didn’t sound quite like any one amp I’ve owned before! Truthfully, it was one of the better amps I’ve felt. I couldn’t quite get my sound dialed in though, it was always a bit too much here and there no matter what I did. Wonderful amp, but I couldn’t justify that price. Like anything, though, that’s just a personal opinion and I DO hold them in high regard. Killer stuff!

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 06, 2020 5:01am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

I completely agree with you here, though my experiences are limited with Cameron’s! I did end up with a production Cameron as well. It was really awesome, and was pretty unique. Didn’t sound quite like any one amp I’ve owned before! Truthfully, it was one of the better amps I’ve felt. I couldn’t quite get my sound dialed in though, it was always a bit too much here and there no matter what I did. Wonderful amp, but I couldn’t justify that price. Like anything, though, that’s just a personal opinion and I DO hold them in high regard. Killer stuff!

Yeah I’ve kept my ccv for about 4 years now since it’s unique in what it does, but I play my other high gain amps more often like my boogies, Marshall’s, Diezel, and Wizard since they also suit me better in general

1997 Diezel VH4 Blueface
1964 Fender Vibroverb
2018 Gjika 10N
1981 Hiwatt DR103
1980 Jim Kelley
Monomyth modded 1979 Marshall JMP2203
1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2554 Combo
McIntyre Bluesmaker (for sale)
Mesa/Boogie Mark iic+ HRG combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark iii++ coliseum (no stripe)
1986 Randall RG100ES
Vox AC15 clone (x2)
1962 Vox AC30
2016 Wizard MTL

Bogner UberKab w/ Fane F90/V30
Diezel 412 FL w/ Fane F90/V30
Fryette Fatbottom 412 (unloaded)
Friedman 212/215 (Celestion Alnico Gold’s/Fullback 15’s)
Kerry Wright 412 (G12-T75’s vented)

Guitars: Keepers: ‘69 Les Paul Custom, ‘64 SG Jr, ‘57 Les Paul Jr, ‘78 Gibson S1, 2 EGC’s, Charvel Custom, ESP Custom, ‘86 Schecter, Zerberus, DC, McInturff Glory, Fberma, DC, Barlow, 2 Carvin, 4 VTT

For Sale: 3 Ogres, Palir, 2 Ggress, Riggio, Pheo, Valley Arts

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 08, 2020 5:24pm 
Rock God

Mark had nothing to do with the Atomica production amp. It was a Freidman Metro I think. I know he did redo a few that were sent to him to make them right. Something along these lines. I did hear they are still killer amps regardless from guys that know Camerons and had an Atomica.

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 11, 2020 10:56am 
Supah Stah

braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

Yeah I’ve kept my ccv for about 4 years now since it’s unique in what it does, but I play my other high gain amps more often like my boogies, Marshall’s, Diezel, and Wizard since they also suit me better in general

I’ve had my CCV for more than 10 years and I still play it the most. I agree it doesn’t sound like a modded Marshall... as you know it’s a new build with modern transformers and multiple channels.

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the Cameron V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Audio only clip with a simple iPhone.

https://youtu.be/fZOndmAa92c

Last edited by psychodave on Fri, Jun 12, 2020 11:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri, Jun 12, 2020 10:16pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

psychodave wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

I’ve had my CCV for more than 10 years and I still play it the most. I agree it doesn’t sound like a modded Marshall... as you know it’s a new build with modern transformers and multiple channels.

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Dayum! Why the hell don't any of my Marshalls sound like that (I know I know... something, something "tone is in the hands" :D).

Which guitar, pickups, and speakers were you using?

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 13, 2020 12:03am 
Supah Stah

keennay wrote:
psychodave wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Dayum! Why the hell don't any of my Marshalls sound like that (I know I know... something, something "tone is in the hands" :D).

Thx. A lot of it is the Cameron plugin thing that I stuck in V2. It turns the amp into a Jose mod.
I’m using my Charvel nitro with Suhr Aldrich pickup in the bridge and Manlius custom hot neck pickup. I’m using the same speakers as always Celestion G12H30 Anniversary. I also stuck a VFE Standout out front to add a little push. The amp sounds super close to my old 50 watt Cameron mod. I was going back an fourth between both amp clips.

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 14, 2020 8:01am 
Apprentice NOOB

psychodave wrote:
keennay wrote:
psychodave wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

Thx. A lot of it is the Cameron plugin thing that I stuck in V2. It turns the amp into a Jose mod.
I’m using my Charvel nitro with Suhr Aldrich pickup in the bridge and Manlius custom hot neck pickup. I’m using the same speakers as always Celestion G12H30 Anniversary. I also stuck a VFE Standout out front to add a little push. The amp sounds super close to my old 50 watt Cameron mod. I was going back an fourth between both amp clips.

Perfect higain sound,any picture of that v2 module ?

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 14, 2020 6:02pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

psychodave wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
braintheory wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
keennay wrote:
fatbagg wrote:
Sell me one!

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the Cameron V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

I know they were talking about releasing these as a product, did they ever get them out?