• Start date
fatbagg":2oobyemu said:
keennay":2oobyemu said:
fatbagg":2oobyemu said:
Sell me one!

Someone's selling an Atomica on Reverb.

Dat price tho :scared:

https://reverb.com/item/34056018-camero ... d-marshall

They’re crazy. I got ahold of one. Was good, but was not quite what hype has let us to believe. $5000? I would hope that nobody would pay more for a Cameron than they would an original IIC+ or SLO or something.
Out of curiosity have you tried other Cameron’s beside that Ocean modded Marshall?

I agree that they’re overpriced and overhyped (especially that Atomica listing), but I would just say the production amps like the ccv and Atomica sound and feel very different to me than his modded Marshall’s. I have a ccv (tried 2 others and an Atomica) and still have one Cameron modded Marshall left (had 3 others in the past and have tried a few others), very different. Even the 4 modded amps I had from him were all different sounding from each other (Aldrich, Jose, Atomica)

I actually like his mods better overall since you’ll get a more raw, lively sound with that Marshall-y goodness, but the ccv has this very tight, robust and articulate thing going on that you won’t get from his modded Marshall’s. It also has this very filtered, modern, compressed sound that you won’t hear in in his mods or vintage amps. You still may not end up keeping one anyway, but given how much you like that Engl Steve Morse, it may be worth trying one if you get a chance just to at least see what that flavor is like and whether it’s your thing or not. I honestly wouldn’t have guessed that the mods and actual amps were both by Cameron if I didn’t see the label beforehand

braintheory":12evmbtf said:
fatbagg":12evmbtf said:
keennay":12evmbtf said:
fatbagg":12evmbtf said:
Sell me one!

They’re crazy. I got ahold of one. Was good, but was not quite what hype has let us to believe. $5000? I would hope that nobody would pay more for a Cameron than they would an original IIC+ or SLO or something.
Out of curiosity have you tried other Cameron’s beside that Ocean modded Marshall?

I agree that they’re overpriced and overhyped (especially that Atomica listing), but I would just say the production amps like the ccv and Atomica sound and feel very different to me than his modded Marshall’s. I have a ccv (tried 2 others and an Atomica) and still have one Cameron modded Marshall left (had 3 others in the past and have tried a few others), very different. Even the 4 modded amps I had from him were all different sounding from each other (Aldrich, Jose, Atomica)

I actually like his mods better overall since you’ll get a more raw, lively sound with that Marshall-y goodness, but the ccv has this very tight, robust and articulate thing going on that you won’t get from his modded Marshall’s. It also has this very filtered, modern, compressed sound that you won’t hear in in his mods or vintage amps. You still may not end up keeping one anyway, but given how much you like that Engl Steve Morse, it may be worth trying one if you get a chance just to at least see what that flavor is like and whether it’s your thing or not. I honestly wouldn’t have guessed that the mods and actual amps were both by Cameron if I didn’t see the label beforehand

I completely agree with you here, though my experiences are limited with Cameron’s! I did end up with a production Cameron as well. It was really awesome, and was pretty unique. Didn’t sound quite like any one amp I’ve owned before! Truthfully, it was one of the better amps I’ve felt. I couldn’t quite get my sound dialed in though, it was always a bit too much here and there no matter what I did. Wonderful amp, but I couldn’t justify that price. Like anything, though, that’s just a personal opinion and I DO hold them in high regard. Killer stuff!

fatbagg":2p513gzc said:
braintheory":2p513gzc said:
keennay":2p513gzc said:
Sell me one!

I completely agree with you here, though my experiences are limited with Cameron’s! I did end up with a production Cameron as well. It was really awesome, and was pretty unique. Didn’t sound quite like any one amp I’ve owned before! Truthfully, it was one of the better amps I’ve felt. I couldn’t quite get my sound dialed in though, it was always a bit too much here and there no matter what I did. Wonderful amp, but I couldn’t justify that price. Like anything, though, that’s just a personal opinion and I DO hold them in high regard. Killer stuff!
Yeah I’ve kept my ccv for about 4 years now since it’s unique in what it does, but I play my other high gain amps more often like my boogies, Marshall’s, Diezel, and Wizard since they also suit me better in general

Mark had nothing to do with the Atomica production amp. It was a Freidman Metro I think. I know he did redo a few that were sent to him to make them right. Something along these lines. I did hear they are still killer amps regardless from guys that know Camerons and had an Atomica.

braintheory":2an0v30w said:
fatbagg":2an0v30w said:
braintheory":2an0v30w said:
keennay":2an0v30w said:
Sell me one!

Yeah I’ve kept my ccv for about 4 years now since it’s unique in what it does, but I play my other high gain amps more often like my boogies, Marshall’s, Diezel, and Wizard since they also suit me better in general

I’ve had my CCV for more than 10 years and I still play it the most. I agree it doesn’t sound like a modded Marshall... as you know it’s a new build with modern transformers and multiple channels.

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the Cameron V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Audio only clip with a simple iPhone.

https://youtu.be/fZOndmAa92c

psychodave":1yyvylth said:
braintheory":1yyvylth said:
fatbagg":1yyvylth said:
braintheory":1yyvylth said:
keennay":1yyvylth said:
Sell me one!

I’ve had my CCV for more than 10 years and I still play it the most. I agree it doesn’t sound like a modded Marshall... as you know it’s a new build with modern transformers and multiple channels.

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Dayum! Why the hell don't any of my Marshalls sound like that (I know I know... something, something "tone is in the hands" :D).

Which guitar, pickups, and speakers were you using?

keennay":3bhf0oxr said:
psychodave":3bhf0oxr said:
braintheory":3bhf0oxr said:
fatbagg":3bhf0oxr said:
braintheory":3bhf0oxr said:
keennay":3bhf0oxr said:
Sell me one!

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

Dayum! Why the hell don't any of my Marshalls sound like that (I know I know... something, something "tone is in the hands" :D).

Thx. A lot of it is the Cameron plugin thing that I stuck in V2. It turns the amp into a Jose mod.
I’m using my Charvel nitro with Suhr Aldrich pickup in the bridge and Manlius custom hot neck pickup. I’m using the same speakers as always Celestion G12H30 Anniversary. I also stuck a VFE Standout out front to add a little push. The amp sounds super close to my old 50 watt Cameron mod. I was going back an fourth between both amp clips.

psychodave":2u59u55d said:
keennay":2u59u55d said:
psychodave":2u59u55d said:
braintheory":2u59u55d said:
fatbagg":2u59u55d said:
braintheory":2u59u55d said:
keennay":2u59u55d said:
Sell me one!

Thx. A lot of it is the Cameron plugin thing that I stuck in V2. It turns the amp into a Jose mod.
I’m using my Charvel nitro with Suhr Aldrich pickup in the bridge and Manlius custom hot neck pickup. I’m using the same speakers as always Celestion G12H30 Anniversary. I also stuck a VFE Standout out front to add a little push. The amp sounds super close to my old 50 watt Cameron mod. I was going back an fourth between both amp clips.

Perfect higain sound,any picture of that v2 module ?

psychodave":253qb5hb said:
braintheory":253qb5hb said:
fatbagg":253qb5hb said:
braintheory":253qb5hb said:
keennay":253qb5hb said:
Sell me one!

That said, I have a bone stock JMP with the Cameron V2 plug in module. Makes my JMP sing. You can hear the tone isn’t as polished. Sounds killer though and very similar to my old 50 Watt Jose Marshall.

I know they were talking about releasing these as a product, did they ever get them out?

Back