MILLS AFTERBURNER 4x12 !!!

RoidRage

Guys,

I posted about this on the Disscussion area... But since this is where I roam, I wanted you guys to see it...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58120

I've never been so AMAZED at a piece of equipment... It makes my Rivera Knucklehead sound so good, I'm asking myself how can I sell it?

I've got a CCV over here, and I'M AFRAID TO TRY IT! It might Stop Time! :shocked:

Man... That's one Badass Cab! :rawk:

Roid

I've thought about getting one with the speakers Mark likes for his amps (G12H 30 watts), but the cost of the cab is so high, I'm skeptical that it'd be that big of an improvement.

I have a Afterburner and a StoneAge 4X12, for me the SA sounds better with the CCV,
for the SA is a 4X12B Marshall style cab( and a VERY good one) that just sounds more natural with the CCV
The Mills KILLS with my Twin Jet though!!!! :rock:

Jay Strange":2ftdn118 said:
I have a Afterburner and a StoneAge 4X12, for me the SA sounds better with the CCV,
for the SA is a 4X12B Marshall style cab( and a VERY good one) that just sounds more natural with the CCV

Did you decide to keep your CCV for now?

Jay Strange":39tt0qw7 said:

I'm very curious... What speakers do you have in the Mills, and is it an Oversize cab, and what do you have in the SA Cab?

I can't imagine any cab sounding better than this... I did not try it with the CCV, It's absolutely KILLING with the Rivera :powpow:

What I really bought it for was to go with a Diezel Herbert I will be getting. ;)

Roid

Roid, i TOTALLY feel you man, up until I got my Mills cab I never really viewed speaker cabs as an intergral part of my gear, it jsut just kind of the thing that my head needed for sound to be produced, but man, this coming from someone who LOVED his Mesa cab, my Afterburner completely destroys everything I have ever played through, I've never played through a cab that filled the ENTIRE room with sound, has such tight bottom end and just flat out made me go WOW... I have the "B" version, straight cab with V30's and K100's in an X-pattern, thing is just inreal man...

Speaker combos rule. I use a 65/V30 combo and it really is toneful. (But I prefer the Mesa Recto cabs.)

johnpace2":3gp2xqmg said:
I've thought about getting one with the speakers Mark likes for his amps (G12H 30 watts), but the cost of the cab is so high, I'm skeptical that it'd be that big of an improvement.
I'm not sure how you are arriving at the "high cost" conclusion. Yes, it's high compared to some, but take a look at the prices of new Diezels, Bogners, Fryettes, ENGLs, Hiwatts or almost any other premium cab. We cost LESS. Just sayin'.... :)

I like H30s. But I like them better blended with V30s. V30 growl just seems to compliment every speaker we've paired with it. Order it...play it for a month and if you don't like it, send it back and we refund 100%.

And your skepticism is warranted. I'd guess that in the last 50 years, more R&D money had been spent on guitar picks that had been spent on cab design. As guitar players, we simply assumed that a cab is a cab. I used to think this way, myself.

A good one to all and for those in "our little family" a big thanks as always for the great reviews and support we receive from you.

Dave M.

MILLS Acoustics":33tgaj8c said:
johnpace2":33tgaj8c said:
I'm not sure how you are arriving at the "high cost" conclusion. Yes, it's high compared to some, but take a look at the prices of new Diezels, Bogners, Fryettes, ENGLs, Hiwatts or almost any other premium cab. We cost LESS. Just sayin'.... :)

I like H30s. But I like them better blended with V30s. V30 growl just seems to compliment every speaker we've paired with it. Order it...play it for a month and if you don't like it, send it back and we refund 100%.

And your skepticism is warranted. I'd guess that in the last 50 years, more R&D money had been spent on guitar picks that had been spent on cab design. As guitar players, we simply assumed that a cab is a cab. I used to think this way, myself.

A good one to all and for those in "our little family" a big thanks as always for the great reviews and support we receive from you.

Dave M.

When blending V30 and H30 do you prefer them in a X-pattern, or something else?

jaybird":1s5np8yv said:
When blending V30 and H30 do you prefer them in a X-pattern, or something else?
For gigging or general playing at volume, the X pattern gives a nice "symmetry" to what you hear. If you're more concerned with having different recorded or mic'ed tones then probably place them one set above the other. When mic'ed you'll come fairly close to having the sound of 2 different cabs. But you lose a bit of projection on stage and for me personally, it's a trade-off I don't recommend. 99.99% of our blends are in an X.

I love mine :worship: :worship:

Dave on here? Nothing. He learned it all from Susie. She should be on here. Who would you rather have? No offense Dave, but credit must go where credit is due :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

glip22":1jpuegxh said:
I love mine :worship: :worship:

Dave on here? Nothing. He learned it all from Susie. She should be on here. Who would you rather have? No offense Dave, but credit must go where credit is due :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
She will agree with you 100%. :rock:

glip22":3fis40hh said:
I'm sure she would!!!! :m17:
Susie is great. She keeps the office humming, deals with our artists, handles a lot of our web stuff and knows GOOD music like no female I've ever met. I am lucky to have her. WE are lucky to have her...she frees me up to focus on development and production. She is a cool chick and awesome part of the Company for sure. I am proud to have her as my partner and my girl.

Back