Egnater renegade no blue light, power tubes on, no sound?

norpal1954

My egnater renegade head suddenly stopped working, no blue light, no sound, and the tubes are on, could you please tell me what's going on and how to try to solve it? Thank you so much for your help

I Worked on one with the exact same issue, check the regulator that's mounted on the side of the chassis. Also check the bridge rectifier that's mounted off the power supply board circuit card with the heat sink. (I think it's part of the switching and acc power supply setup but can't remember off the top of my head.) Also check the filter caps for that specific section as well. I chased this issue down and in the end after chasing all said above it was a shorted power tranny, was not fun tracking down and taking apart several times.

Last edited:
Can You confirm if the preamp tubes are on ? I think the one I Worked on had power tubes working but preamp tubes were all dead.

Renegade on my bench. Owner says it doesn't mix, but I found a high current draw when Orange PT secondary wires are connected. C1 is bulging and 12V is not present. I am going to change C1, the Bridge rectifier and Zener for S&G but I have concerns. How did you guys end up with your repairs?

Back