New Synergy Modules at NAMM

Hoping Bruce will comment... What can we expect the street price be for the Synergy modules? Any plans for artist endorsements/signature modules?

I got $1200 sat here waiting for an E2 with two dual modules.....hoping for a Dual Friedman at least......and maybe an update from the man himself! :)

Why re-release the modular line and not also re-release a versatile rack unit like the M4? Sure, the E1/E2 will allow you to use a module or two, but the whole attraction for me when I was using the modular gear was the ability to switch between 4 dual channel modules in a reasonably-sized rack. THAT was the versatility that made modular an interesting concept.

I also had two MOD50s for a couple of years and ended up selling them both because it became apparent that having just two modules available in a head was no real improvement over a dedicated, 2-channel hardwired head. I certainly wouldn't swap modules in a head in the middle of a live performance.

Bruce, bring back the M4! The last run sold out, how about another? I'm sure there is interest (especially with the Synergy modules coming)!

rlord1974":xuo05tao said:
Why re-release the modular line and not also re-release a versatile rack unit like the M4? Sure, the E1/E2 will allow you to use a module or two, but the whole attraction for me when I was using the modular gear was the ability to switch between 4 dual channel modules in a reasonably-sized rack. THAT was the versatility that made modular an interesting concept.

I also had two MOD50s for a couple of years and ended up selling them both because it became apparent that having just two modules available in a head was no real improvement over a dedicated, 2-channel hardwired head. I certainly wouldn't swap modules in a head in the middle of a live performance.

Bruce, bring back the M4! The last run sold out, how about another? I'm sure there is interest (especially with the Synergy modules coming)!

Id be first in line for an M4

rlord1974":3duw0tzl said:

I'd sell my Super Reverb RI and all of my dirt pedals to fund another M4 and modules, IF......and this is a big if.........there's an FX loop built in. I have my delay/modulations/reverbs to think about.
The external effects loop box that was released a while back (2010?) was a great idea, but no reason to NOT build that in to the preamp.

Having eight channels, especially with more boutique options forthcoming, and I'd probably have to take some vacation time just to sit home and play.

Bucksears":3gy3fyqw said:
rlord1974":3gy3fyqw said:

I'd sell my Super Reverb RI and all of my dirt pedals to fund another M4 and modules, IF......and this is a big if.........there's an FX loop built in. I have my delay/modulations/reverbs to think about.
The external effects loop box that was released a while back (2010?) was a great idea, but no reason to NOT build that in to the preamp.

Having eight channels, especially with more boutique options forthcoming, and I'd probably have to take some vacation time just to sit home and play.

An effects loop is pointless and that's why it was removed. A series loop is redundant of course as its the same as putting effects between the output of the M4 (pre amp) and the power amp. I'm guessing you want the parallel loop to run time based FX in parallel?

If thats the case, why limit yourself to to one parallel path when you can have as many as you need? There are many splitter/mixer combination devices like the Rane offerings. You can even use a Y-cable for a simple splitting solution. I made a three-way splitter with radio shack parts that work great.

Also, the M4 has two parallel outputs; you could take the first output and split that signal and send to two separate processors and take the second output as your pure direct signal and send all signals (stereo out of processors) to a RJM mini mixer or similar. Then you would have mono, stereo or W/D/W options.

Lastly, if you're taste is refined enough to realize the sonic improvement of maintaining your pure dry analog signal and running your effects in parallel, you'd be doing your high quality digital effects an injustice just running them in mono!

I was only bringing it up as I saw a 1st-gen M4 that had a built-in effects loop. Thought it would be easier than having to get additional hardware, but whatever.

Bucksears":3r7udtae said:
I was only bringing it up as I saw a 1st-gen M4 that had a built-in effects loop. Thought it would be easier than having to get additional hardware, but whatever.

Sorry, too much coffee and I replied for every time this topic came up that I didn't reply. A good parallel loop is a great convenience feature and certainly praise the loops on the MOD50. I should of asked how you would use the loop first.

The 1st generation M4s had the effects loop but they only worked with the single channel modules. The duals came later.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20627

bruce egnater":1nyow1ws said:
Actually we are in the process of updating the entire modular line. New name is Synergy. We will be offering the E2, which is a 2 module, single space rack model with a built in switcher/router that allows you to add to another amp with a series effects loop. Also, the E1 which is the "lunchbox" version. Holds one module with the built in switcher. Also 25 and 50 watt heads and combos and modules from other famous amp companies. Should be around the end of 2015. That's all for now.

Here we go again. Lets see...been waiting for the E2...7 years. Then the Detroit line demo'd 2+ years ago...pushed back and scrubbed for launch indefinitely. Now Synergy pushed back "late 2015". Will this stuff ever see the light of day?

kingsryche":36uwzau2 said:
Here we go again. Lets see...been waiting for the E2...7 years. Then the Detroit line demo'd 2+ years ago...pushed back and scrubbed for launch indefinitely. Now Synergy pushed back "late 2015". Will this stuff ever see the light of day?

You"' ll for sure see it again

at NAMM 2016

jlbaxe":1vj4km1c said:
It's been over a year ?????
Any update?

I mailed in to get on the waiting list for E2/SYN002 three weeks ago...told expect shipping 90 days and will be contacted to arrange payment then.

jkdsteve":30820sed said:
jlbaxe":30820sed said:
It's been over a year ?????
Any update?

I mailed in to get on the waiting list for E2/SYN002 three weeks ago...told expect shipping 90 days and will be contacted to arrange payment then.
Cool thanks

Back