Egnater Armageddon Cabinets

tbrown351

Hello, I use an Egnater Armageddon Cabinet and run it through a 5150 and Triple XXX. I do not have the Armageddon head (yet). I know this cab was designed for Armageddon head, but it sounds very well and cuts through the mix. Anybody else use this cab? If so what are your thoughts?

The Armageddon cabinet is solid. I've used it with Bogner, Diezel, Splawn, Marshall, and Armageddon heads but it sounded best (imho) with a Peavy 6505+ and was just MAMMOTH. It unleashed the full rage of the 6505+ and yet tamed it like no other cabe I've owned.

I chose it over an ENGL 4x12 and it holds its own against Marshall, Splawn, and Bogner cabs. Something about the speaker mix just seems to work well.

I ended up keeping the cab and sold the Peavey, but it absolutely compliments the Armageddon head (huge sound, cuts the mix w/ no harshness, and a tight yet chunky bottom end)....however, I'm needing power tubes so haven't played that rig in a while.

Nice to hear I'm not the only person who really appreciates these cabs! I honestly had never played one before and just bought solely based off the specs of it. My brother who also plays guitar has a Mesa Recto cab, which was too woofy sounding for me, and he also has a 4X12 Vader cab which is what I honestly would have bought but the owner no longer makes cabs. I've played orange cabs and once again they were just too woofy and not as aggressive as I wanted. I was about to settle for a typical Marshall 1960 cab with the 75's. But I saw the Armageddon cab and the specs and speaker combo looked pretty interesting. I just winged it and bought it, best decision I made in a long time. It was literally perfect for my playing style. Very responsive and clear with the perfect amount of low end. The only downfall(Which really isn't a downfall) is that this cab just begs to be cranked, the 350 watt handling on this beast takes more volume to get the speakers really breathing.

You're right about that! I think that's why it worked with the Peavey, and w/an EVH 5153 Stealth I had for a while. I couldn't play the EVH head with any other cabinet I own.

Also, after I re-tube the Armageddon, I'm going to put it on the chopping block so if you're interested I'll make you a smokin' deal.

Just let me know and I'll ping you right before I list it.

Tony

Back