Egnater 15w head with GT-100 4CM

KFC

Hey all,

So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this combo. I bought the Egnater. It didn't have a footswitch, so after doing some research, I decided to not go with the re-wiring technique many have posted and decided to get the GT-100. I picked the 100 because it's really easy to setup as a stomp box and completely bypass the COSM emulation. Thought it was a great option.

I plug in the GT-100 through the effect loop - and much to my surprise, the entire front panel with the exception of the Master Volume goes completely unresponsive. I thought this was weird at first. I e-mailed Egnater support, and they had me try a couple of different pedals, with the same result.

After doing some more research, it was really hard to find anyone who had any success with any pedal board - Line 6, Boss, Peavey, etc. All boards seem to have the same issue - and it seems really hard to find in any forums. I have a feeling this is something they don't talk about..... Some mention it and just blow it off as they can still use the clean channel and then leverage amp modeling. Makes no sense as the idea is to bypass the modeling and use the tubes in the amp.

As I was talking to support, they had me do a simple send-to-return of a cable - front panel was responsive again. I then asked what are the specs for the signal going into the return to get the front panel fully functioning. Support went completely dead and never replied to me after asking several times. The whole idea here is to use the Egnater tubes in 4 CM method on the Hot channel because I love the sound!

If anyone has ever figured out how to get a pedal to actually work with the Egnater without completely shutting down the front-panel (this includes EQ, and Hot/Clean, and all other switches) let me know. I tried several different configurations on the GT-100 hoping I could boost the signal enough to get it to work, but no go. This includes effect output settings, volume settings, etc. I keep hunting/pecking, but no luck.

Back