More thump out of Mod 50?

gtrlw

Hey guys. I am looking for advice on getting more thump and bottom end out of my Mod 50. I took it to band practice yesterday and primarily played my Salvation MarkUS module since the dudes in my band like to play old Metallica.

The sound cut through fine but lacked bottom end. I was paying through my Bogner V30 loaded 1X12 cube because I did not feel like hauling my Marshall 4X12 to practice.

I am seeking advice on whether the cabinet was the issue or whether I should seek thump and bottom end elsewhere. I do have some heavier mods that I will try next time (Benzin and Angel). But I am curious regarding other folks experience playing their Mod50 with a band.

Thanks,

Play the amp through the 4x12 at home?

My MarkUS has a ton of low end through my Randall 4x12 v30/G12h30....not too bad on my Avatar 2x12..but not near the same as the 4x12.

No, I don;t play with a band... :-/

Looks like what I needed was more high-mids to cut through the mix. I used my Mash-all+ yesterday at practice and it sounded great.

With the scooped v eq enacted on the MarkUS, the bass, drums and cymbals must have been eating up all of the remaining guitar frequencies. When I tried turning up the MarkUS, all I got was more annoying high frequency tones.

Back