Egnater Renegade Attenuator at 18 Watts

dborja

Hello!

I recently acquired a Weber Minimass 50 watt attenuator, which I will be using with another lower wattage amp. I'm new to attenuators so I haven't bought a speaker cable yet to test. I'd also like to use the unit on my Renegade. Here's what I have in mind: If I set the wattage for both clean and dirty to 18 watts and then attenuate that even more by the Minimass, would that work to lower the volume without losing tone?

I hope I'm making sense here. :confused: :doh:

dborja":2h7qhc38 said:
Hello!

I recently acquired a Weber Minimass 50 watt attenuator, which I will be using with another lower wattage amp. I'm new to attenuators so I haven't bought a speaker cable yet to test. I'd also like to use the unit on my Renegade. Here's what I have in mind: If I set the wattage for both clean and dirty to 18 watts and then attenuate that even more by the Minimass, would that work to lower the volume without losing tone?

I hope I'm making sense here. :confused: :doh:

That's the way that attenuators are supposed to work yes. Some work better than others at bringing down the volume while preserving the tone though. I haven't used the Minimass so I can't comment about that specific unit but you should be fine. Let us know how you make out!

Thanks for the reply Loubeck! Yes, I was just a bit worried since the Minimass have a limit of 50 watts or less and the Renegade is 65 watts which I will set at 18 watts to test the minimass. I'll be picking up a speaker cable in a couple days and let you know how it goes! :rock:

Just wanted to confirm that the Weber Minimass 50 worked perfectly on the Egnater Renegade set at 18 watts on both channels. :rock:

Back