Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Jul 13, 2020 7:46am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Egnater Clip Collective
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 2:12am 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Last Update: 22 June 09 [b]EG5 B/HBE B doubled metal rhythm https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 32207&q=hi

Egnater Clip Collective

Here is an collection of clips an live video of the Egnater modular series I have put together for folks going module browsing. When making these clips, the modules are either in a MOD 50 head, or in an M4 preamp/VHT 2-50-2. Posted in order of chill to aggressive:

Unaccompanied clips:

T/D Ch A chicken pickin’
https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56463&q=hi

Twin/Deluxe Ch A (with Gretsch 6120) https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 87653&q=hi

Twin/Deluxe Ch B (my EB MM Morse clean tone cocktail with RMC piezo, FX and synth) https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 70450&q=hi

VOX Ch A Petty-ish
https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56486&q=hi

VOX Ch B Funky Who-ish https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56505&q=hi

VOX Ch A (with Tonefreak prototype tremolo) https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 86854&q=hi

SL Channel A https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 60124&q=hi

SL Channel B https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 60146&q=hi

EG5 B/HBE B doubled metal rhythm https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 32207&q=hi

All my guitars and Jerry Goodman's electric violin on this sampler are though Egnaters: https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 82865&q=hi

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Last edited by John Czajkowski on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 9:33am, edited 19 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 8:41am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 20, 2007 1:24pm
Posts: 2188
John, very cool!

Jeff, should we make this thread sticky? It might help would-be Eg-heads easily find the tone they are looking for!

_________________
< Matt >
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
Suhr 2x12 w/ Scumback M75s
Suhr 1x12 w/ Scumback M75
Suhr Standard (DSH+/V60LP/DSV), Suhr Standard (SSH+/SSV), Suhr Classic T, Pierro La Cabronita, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, 1997 Fender Strat (Suhr V60LPs), 2002 Gibson LP Standard, 2007 Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong LP Jr, 2009 Taylor 414CE Spring LTD

>>> A Clean Getaway >>>
Click Here to Buy the Debut EP Grounded at iTunes!
Preview Music at MySpace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 12:31pm 
Offline
Golden Ears
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 10:36am
Posts: 6000
Location: Charlevoix, MI
Are you human?: 951
Done :rock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 5:07pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
You know what you have to do now John :D

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 5:40pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Cool, Jeff! See you in a few days!

jmgman69 wrote:
You know what you have to do now John :D


Actually, no, what could that be? :confused:

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 5:57pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
More of those great sounding clips.

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 14, 2008 11:20pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
jmgman69 wrote:
More of those great sounding clips.


:yes: Ok, here’s one more: my favorite clean tone cocktail recipe

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 70450&q=hi

Here is the guitar group solo’ed from the title track from the upcoming West ZooOpolis album with Marco Minnemann.

Cocktail Recipe:

Amp: live composite of the Egnater Twin/Deluxe preamp in a MOD 50 cranked up on the full power mode until it is getting a little spongy.

To the left is a little of the piezo signal from the RMC hexaphonic bridge in my EB MM Morse.

Wet FX include a little Fulltone CF-1 and Eclipse delay.

Synth: Lastly in the composite cocktail is a little Kurzweil resorgan to the right triggered from an AXON AX 100 and the RMC hex pickups.

Skake and serve!

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Jan 15, 2008 8:40am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
A true artist man!Your sounds are a true inspiration John!I've been trying to get the wife out and come down to see you live.If you get a chance to post some times and dates that would be GREAT!I'll try and get rid of the kids for the night :D

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2008 1:04am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Fri, Oct 05, 2007 6:46am
Posts: 348
Orren!


Please add some of your great sounding clips to the mix :yes:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Jan 16, 2008 9:47am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
blumuz123 wrote:
Orren!


Please add some of your great sounding clips to the mix :yes:

Ya Orren! :D

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 26, 2008 7:50am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Mon, Sep 17, 2007 9:58pm
Posts: 164
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Love the idea of the "clip collective"... I'm shooting to have several tracks done by the end of the weekend featuring the M4 (modules TBD) and possibly JTM45 head. Although I've had both the M4 and JTM45 for over a year, I guess it's been even longer than that since I embarked on a major recording project. (Though I will say the last amp I recorded with was a Rocktron Vendetta, and it delivered excellent results: http://www.necessarydistraction.com/ )

--B

_________________
Me and my toys: http://www.brentduersch.com/
...and my band: http://www.jamisonroad.com/


Last edited by bduersch on Sun, Jan 27, 2008 3:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 26, 2008 1:52pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Mon, Sep 17, 2007 9:58pm
Posts: 164
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Ok, here's the first track, working some of the lower-gain modules... still needs a few tweaks to the mix, but you get the basic idea:

http://studio.depalma-duersch.com/turnandrun.mp3

For the record, here's what you're hearing:
- L rhythm: G&L ASAT through the Deluxe side of the T/D, Lexicon plate reverb added through Sonar
- R rhythm: G&L Legacy through the B side of the VX, Lexicon plate reverb added through Sonar
- solo (1:38) + fills: PRS McCarty Soapbar through the B side of the SL, Sonitus delay added through Sonar
- vocals: my wife :)
- bass: G&L Tribute L2500, direct
- drums: Drums on Demand, of course
- signal chain: guitars --> front of M4 --> VHT2/50/2 (class A) --> Randall 4x12 w/ V30's --> double mic'd with Cascade Fat Head ribbon + Blue "The Ball" dynamic mics --> Presonus Digimax FS.

(Side note... this has got to be the most playing I've ever done without a humbucker anywhere)

--B

_________________
Me and my toys: http://www.brentduersch.com/
...and my band: http://www.jamisonroad.com/


Last edited by bduersch on Sun, Jan 27, 2008 11:55pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 26, 2008 2:00pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 20, 2007 1:24pm
Posts: 2188
B, I DIG that!!! Awesome playing and tones. Kudos to your wife too man. Shes got some great pipes.

_________________
< Matt >
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
Suhr 2x12 w/ Scumback M75s
Suhr 1x12 w/ Scumback M75
Suhr Standard (DSH+/V60LP/DSV), Suhr Standard (SSH+/SSV), Suhr Classic T, Pierro La Cabronita, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, 1997 Fender Strat (Suhr V60LPs), 2002 Gibson LP Standard, 2007 Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong LP Jr, 2009 Taylor 414CE Spring LTD

>>> A Clean Getaway >>>
Click Here to Buy the Debut EP Grounded at iTunes!
Preview Music at MySpace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Jan 26, 2008 2:48pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Mon, Sep 17, 2007 9:58pm
Posts: 164
Location: Cincinnati, OH
EWSEthan wrote:
B, I DIG that!!! Awesome playing and tones. Kudos to your wife too man. Shes got some great pipes.


<ElvisModeOn>Thank you, thank you very much.</ElvisModeOff> Funny thing about that tune... my wife and I wrote it about a year ago when we were putting together a blues band. Turns out, that song is exactly all the blues I had in me (obviously not much, 'cause you can tell I gave up on the blues by the time the solo came around). We dropped the blues gig, put together a hard rock band, and have been marginally more productive ever since.

--B

_________________
Me and my toys: http://www.brentduersch.com/
...and my band: http://www.jamisonroad.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Jan 27, 2008 11:53pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Mon, Sep 17, 2007 9:58pm
Posts: 164
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Well, this took longer than expected... I thought I'd get 4-5 tracks done this weekend, but I spent so much time fiddling with the stupid drum loops that I only got 2 tracks done. Anyway, here's an excerpt from the second tune (the full-length track will be posted once the vocals are recorded), a little bit harder than the first number:

http://studio.depalma-duersch.com/gibraltar.mp3

Here's the breakdown:
- L rhythm (dist): PRS McCarty through B side of the SL, Lexicon chamber reverb added through Sonar
- L rhythm (clean): PRS McCarty through the Twin side of the T/D, Carl Martin compression + Glass Nexus reverb out front
- R rhythm: PRS McCarty through the A side of the E-RECT
- solo (1:51): Voodoo Guitar Works custom archtop through the A side of the EG3, Sonitus delay added through Sonar
(Bass, drums, guitar signal chain are same as the first track.)

Interesting to note that I'm playing the whole right rhythm track (E-RECT) using the split coil position on the McCarty... yet it's almost got a Vox chime to it.

--B

_________________
Me and my toys: http://www.brentduersch.com/
...and my band: http://www.jamisonroad.com/


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28, 2008 12:43pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sun, Jan 27, 2008 10:57am
Posts: 174
Location: Austin TX
Are you human?: 951
John:

Great playing and tone When you play live what speaker cabs do you use? I couldn't see them in the video.

_________________
Kurt Wilson Custom Guitars
G&L Guitars
Mesa Amps
Bogner Amps
Stone Age Custom Cabs


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Jan 28, 2008 11:17pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Thanks,

Recently, I've ditched my old 4x12s for 2 Ear Candy Buzzbombs, but I am thinking about picking up an Egnater 4x12 and 2 of the 1x12s after playing through them all NAMM. More gear... :doh:

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17, 2008 11:34am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
John Czajkowski wrote:
Thanks,

Recently, I've ditched my old 4x12s for 2 Ear Candy Buzzbombs, but I am thinking about picking up an Egnater 4x12 and 2 of the 1x12s after playing through them all NAMM. More gear... :doh:


John, first...your playing and tone is amazing. Bravo!

Second, why ditch the EarCandy cabs? They are amazing? I use one BB with Sugar Cones as my be all end all 212 cab. I hate hauling 412s cabs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17, 2008 11:48am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
richedie wrote:
John Czajkowski wrote:
Thanks,

Recently, I've ditched my old 4x12s for 2 Ear Candy Buzzbombs, but I am thinking about picking up an Egnater 4x12 and 2 of the 1x12s after playing through them all NAMM. More gear... :doh:


John, first...your playing and tone is amazing. Bravo!

Second, why ditch the EarCandy cabs? They are amazing? I use one BB with Sugar Cones as my be all end all 212 cab. I hate hauling 412s cabs.

Cause the "EGGIES ROCK"

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 17, 2008 11:07pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
richedie wrote:
John Czajkowski wrote:
Thanks,

Recently, I've ditched my old 4x12s for 2 Ear Candy Buzzbombs, but I am thinking about picking up an Egnater 4x12 and 2 of the 1x12s after playing through them all NAMM. More gear... :doh:


John, first...your playing and tone is amazing. Bravo!

Second, why ditch the EarCandy cabs? They are amazing? I use one BB with Sugar Cones as my be all end all 212 cab. I hate hauling 412s cabs.


I'm not planning to ditch them. I would simply like to have some more options! I pretty convinced after hearing the 1x12 at NAMM that it is superior to all the other 1x12s I've ever played.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23, 2008 1:46pm 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
John, overall how do you think the Eggie cabs compare to the Ear Candy cabs? I ask because i have the Buzzbomb but would consider an Eggie, but I would probably get speakerleass because the Sugar Cones are so darn amazing. Sure, they cost $250 a piece but wow.

Do you know the dimensions? I wouldn't mind an EGgie 112 and 212. One thing I think I would like about the Eggie 212 is it is tall like the VHT Deliverance cab I saw. Somtimes a taller cab can give a bigger, more resonant tone even compared to a really deep cab like the Rectifier or Buzzbomb. I just can't afford it now nor justify it since I have an Ear Candy Buzzbomb and Boa.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Feb 23, 2008 2:14pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
richedie wrote:
John, overall how do you think the Eggie cabs compare to the Ear Candy cabs? I ask because i have the Buzzbomb but would consider an Eggie, but I would probably get speakerleass because the Sugar Cones are so darn amazing. Sure, they cost $250 a piece but wow.

Do you know the dimensions? I wouldn't mind an EGgie 112 and 212. One thing I think I would like about the Eggie 212 is it is tall like the VHT Deliverance cab I saw. Sometimes a taller cab can give a bigger, more resonant tone even compared to a really deep cab like the Rectifier or Buzzbomb. I just can't afford it now nor justify it since I have an Ear Candy Buzzbomb and Boa.


I hear you on the last one! I don't have the Egnater cabs yet, so I really can't give you a meaningful comparison. Don't they have the weights and dimensions on the website? If not, those dudes are lagging! Anyway, I guess a cab should be viewed according to how it sounds/disperses/mics on stage/studio/bedroom. I like how the Earcandy Buzzbomb performs in all these combinations, but I was most impressed at how well the Egnater 1x12 dispersed, sounded, and at low NAMM levels in a very noisy environment. I'm thinking that due to it's increased size, the Egnater 2x12 may sound a little bigger than the Earcandy Buzzbomb, but I just don't know for certain.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 24, 2008 9:55am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
Hi John, I liked the Buzz a lot at rehearsal, studio work and jamming/gigs, etc. I heard it from the audience and thought it sounded, full, thick and robust with the Egnater MOD 50. I like that it is smaller and easy to transport. Then I have the Ear Candy Boa as well for home and something different.

However, the Egnater 212 would be interesting as long as it isn't quite as large as a 412, is it? It would be a bit lighter due to less speakers....but still. The 112 looks interesting though!

I jammed with a guy who ran a Marshall 412 next to the Buzz and I had a harder time keeping up but I thnk a number of things happened. I was using the MHG and I think it lacks cut next to a Marshall and I had 5881 tubes which lack mids next to a Marshall. A different module and EL34s should make a different.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Feb 24, 2008 1:37pm 
Offline
Golden Ears
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 10:36am
Posts: 6000
Location: Charlevoix, MI
Are you human?: 951
richedie wrote:
Hi John, I liked the Buzz a lot at rehearsal, studio work and jamming/gigs, etc. I heard it from the audience and thought it sounded, full, thick and robust with the Egnater MOD 50. I like that it is smaller and easy to transport. Then I have the Ear Candy Boa as well for home and something different.

However, the Egnater 212 would be interesting as long as it isn't quite as large as a 412, is it? It would be a bit lighter due to less speakers....but still. The 112 looks interesting though!

I jammed with a guy who ran a Marshall 412 next to the Buzz and I had a harder time keeping up but I thnk a number of things happened. I was using the MHG and I think it lacks cut next to a Marshall and I had 5881 tubes which lack mids next to a Marshall. A different module and EL34s should make a different.


You will only need the Eg5..not need to change the tubes also!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26, 2008 9:25am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
The MHG is going out tomorrow! I am changing tubes because I hate 6L6s and 5881s remind me too much of those tubes. I couldn't even stand the E34Ls by JJ because they as well had more bass and highs, like a 6L6s. Back go the EL34s. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Feb 26, 2008 10:01am 
Offline
Golden Ears
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 10:36am
Posts: 6000
Location: Charlevoix, MI
Are you human?: 951
There isn't a El-34 tube you could pay me to use. Miles who does work for GT told us he cant even recommend a durable El-34 tube. They are horrible in terms of durability right now. Hopefully the "relablers" will make some good one's in the near future. Like I have said before Sovtek 5881 are hands down the most durable tube on the market...for say the last 20 years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Feb 27, 2008 10:34pm 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
I hear ya Jeff, but tone and feel are king for me...not durability. I can not get on with the 5881s one bit. I hate 6L6 tubes so I have no choice but to use EL34s and I am happy. :) Feel and sound better for me...
Never had a problem with my JJs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28, 2008 7:12pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Feb 03, 2008 8:28am
Posts: 485
Location: Dartmouth, Mass.
Great Sound. Egnater Amps got it nailed down. Sound that is.

Nice work Bruce


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28, 2008 9:58pm 
Offline
Apprentice NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jun 26, 2007 9:38pm
Posts: 123
Hey John--
Love your clips man--thanks for posting!!

Would you mind sharing some of your settings?

I'm especially interested in the T/D, SL2 and EG5 modules.

Thanks again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Feb 28, 2008 10:11pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Mercury25 wrote:
Hey John--
Love your clips man--thanks for posting!!

Would you mind sharing some of your settings?

I'm especially interested in the T/D, SL2 and EG5 modules.

Thanks again!


Thanks! Here are the clock positions listed in this order: A gain, B gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, A Master, B Master, Bass Boost, Bright.

T/D: 1, 11, 10, 2, 2, 1, full, 1, 2

SL2: 3, 12, 11, 1, 12, 11, 11:30, 1, 2

EG5: 12, 11, 12:30, 11:30, 11:30, 11, 11, 1, 0

Power amp settings really vary with situation. In the studio right now, I have the modules in the M4 hitting the power sections of the MOD 50s - one with 5881 for T/D, VOX, COD and the other with EL f(*&ing 34s for Marshall country! :lol: :LOL: Master is cranked, low power setting, stepping gain down with master on M4) I have found that I don't like what power attenuators do the feel.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 01, 2008 1:02am 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 18827&q=hi

Hey guys,

Here's a rough draft of a tune I'm working on - trying to get ready to re-record with the band soon. Although some of the playing...blah, blah, blah...cough, cough, cough...etc., I think it shows some nice tones you can carve out of the SL2. If you like rock (duh), you pretty much should at least consider this module. A bit rounder and warmer than the EG5 with more percussiveness.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 02, 2008 8:21am 
Offline
Apprentice NOOB

Joined: Tue, Jun 26, 2007 9:38pm
Posts: 123
Hey Jeff-

What about creating a "sticky" thread that everyone could post their settings for all their modules?

Just a thought...

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12, 2008 10:15am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
John Czajkowski wrote:
Mercury25 wrote:
Hey John--
Love your clips man--thanks for posting!!

Would you mind sharing some of your settings?

I'm especially interested in the T/D, SL2 and EG5 modules.

Thanks again!


Thanks! Here are the clock positions listed in this order: A gain, B gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, A Master, B Master, Bass Boost, Bright.

T/D: 1, 11, 10, 2, 2, 1, full, 1, 2

SL2: 3, 12, 11, 1, 12, 11, 11:30, 1, 2

EG5: 12, 11, 12:30, 11:30, 11:30, 11, 11, 1, 0

Power amp settings really vary with situation. In the studio right now, I have the modules in the M4 hitting the power sections of the MOD 50s - one with 5881 for T/D, VOX, COD and the other with EL f(*&ing 34s for Marshall country! :lol: :LOL: Master is cranked, low power setting, stepping gain down with master on M4) I have found that I don't like what power attenuators do the feel.


Thanks for the settings tips John. I wish I could use different power amps. With the MOD 50 I have to settle on either 5881s ot EL34s. Unfortunately it is hard to get away from the Marshall flavor of EL34s. I like most of my gainy tones going through EL4s but the cleans suffer a wee bit, not bad though. I actualy was getting good cleans live with the EL34s but with the BMan I need to have the channel volume cranked!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12, 2008 9:45pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
richedie wrote:
Thanks for the settings tips John. I wish I could use different power amps. With the MOD 50 I have to settle on either 5881s ot EL34s. Unfortunately it is hard to get away from the Marshall flavor of EL34s. I like most of my gainy tones going through EL4s but the cleans suffer a wee bit, not bad though. I actualy was getting good cleans live with the EL34s but with the BMan I need to have the channel volume cranked!


No problem man, I actually started recording some low gain clips today on the EL34s and then switched to the head with 5881s cause it was just better for these, but when I get to the Marshally meat-eater stuff, I'll probably go back to eth EL34s. We'll see.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 12, 2008 9:45pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Here are some new low-medium gain clips for the Egnater clip collection. No frills here - just some good old fun and tones.

Egnater TD Ch A chicken pickin’

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56463&q=hi

Egnater VOX Ch A Petty-ish clip

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56486&q=hi

Egnater VOX Ch B Funky Who-ish clip

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 56505&q=hi

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13, 2008 9:44am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Mon, Feb 25, 2008 11:19am
Posts: 277
John,

This is really a great thing that you've done here. I listen to this stuff everyday. Fantastic tones and playing. The video of your band is great too, you make a lot of music for just three guys. You can go seamlessly between rhythm and lead just like Morse. And the way you bridge and mute with your right hand looks exactly like Morse too. Did that happen naturally? It works - everything is very clean. Thanks again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13, 2008 11:06pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
bscfo1 wrote:
John,

This is really a great thing that you've done here. I listen to this stuff everyday. Fantastic tones and playing. The video of your band is great too, you make a lot of music for just three guys. You can go seamlessly between rhythm and lead just like Morse. And the way you bridge and mute with your right hand looks exactly like Morse too. Did that happen naturally? It works - everything is very clean. Thanks again.


Thanks, hope it helps. Ya, I've spent lots of time learning Steve's material. Steve, EJ, Henderson, etc. are my big influences.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Mar 13, 2008 11:07pm 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
Added 2 new clips:

Egnater SL Channel A Kahanek-ish clip

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 60124&q=hi

Egnater SL Channel B Angus-esque clip

https://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 60146&q=hi

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 7:20am 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 10:10am
Posts: 7508
Location: Oxnard,CA
I think that was the final straw :lol: :LOL:

_________________
(Muy Guapo)
(Jason)aka UB thanks Kevin

Good deals with(aeroic,Brad King,Buckeyedog,Chris R,Dallas Marlow,droptrd,Dropped_2_C,EWSEthan,fatb0y,guitarslinger,Greazygeo,Jeff Hilligan,Inearthed,jski59,JKD,mfred,MotorCityPickUps,O'Rourke,racerevlon,raysus,rlord1974,studio289,RockStarNick,Seitz333,steve_k,tomx56,valverec,VoodooChild24)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 10:47am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Mon, Feb 25, 2008 11:19am
Posts: 277
John,

Which higher gain module cuts the best for you in a live situation when playing rhythm?

And which one does it best for lead?

I want to buy something higher gain then my SL2 but I don't want something too dark. I like the presence and sizzle of the SL2 but with more gain. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 11:08am 
Offline
BOOB Extraordinaire
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Nov 21, 2007 11:24pm
Posts: 551
bscfo1 wrote:
John,

Which higher gain module cuts the best for you in a live situation when playing rhythm?

And which one does it best for lead?

I want to buy something higher gain then my SL2 but I don't want something too dark. I like the presence and sizzle of the SL2 but with more gain. Thanks.


Erect, EG3 are killer but haven't used EG5 live yet. I'm sure it will be great. SL2 cuts like a mutha too. I would like the SL2 A to be brightened up a bit more for rhythm as I generally want ryhthm (A) brighter and punchier with the lead (B) smokier and more compressed with a fairly similar gain and identical EQ setting. This is if I'm using the A and B for rhythm and lead - respectively.

_________________
John Czajkowski

Hectic Watermelon band
West ZooOpolis w/ Marco Minnemann
Streaming on Soundcloud


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 11:34am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 20, 2007 1:24pm
Posts: 2188
Im not John, but Ill chime in. :D

From what my ears tell me, E-Rect doesnt have more gain than SL2. EG5 definitely has the most gain. Channel A of EG5 is basically like Channel B of any other high gain module it sounds to me. Its a monster.

EG5 is my favorite though for the variety of tones available by changing pickups and backing off the volume. That module is f***ing beautiful. I mean that seriously. It goes from playful to complete destruction dependings on picking dynamics, pickup, guitar volume. Amazing. Sorry Im rambling.

_________________
< Matt >
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
Suhr 2x12 w/ Scumback M75s
Suhr 1x12 w/ Scumback M75
Suhr Standard (DSH+/V60LP/DSV), Suhr Standard (SSH+/SSV), Suhr Classic T, Pierro La Cabronita, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, 1997 Fender Strat (Suhr V60LPs), 2002 Gibson LP Standard, 2007 Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong LP Jr, 2009 Taylor 414CE Spring LTD

>>> A Clean Getaway >>>
Click Here to Buy the Debut EP Grounded at iTunes!
Preview Music at MySpace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 12:36pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Mon, Feb 25, 2008 11:19am
Posts: 277
Thanks John for the reply. That's true about the SL2. I always want more treble for rhythm. If I add it to taste then the B channel has too much.

I just don't want a lead module that sounds like the Mesa Mark IV that I already have. It's lead tone is very focused and smokey, but to my taste it lacks teeth - no sizzle. That's why I basically want something like the SL2, but with more gain.

And Matt - thanks for chiming in, the EG5 is very high on my list. Maybe the top.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 15, 2008 12:08am 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sat, Jul 01, 2006 1:11am
Posts: 5230
Location: touching landau's dumble
Are you human?: 951
TOL 100 clean channel 1 = Twin and lead channel 4 = EG4/SL2 type tones

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 15, 2008 6:12pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Apr 08, 2007 11:35am
Posts: 1406
Location: Cleveland
mentoneman wrote:



Ahh memories.... I miss my TOL 100 :cry: .

Sounds nice!

_________________
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There’s also a negative side." -Hunter S. Thompson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Mar 15, 2008 7:37pm 
Offline
Golden Ears
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 10:36am
Posts: 6000
Location: Charlevoix, MI
Are you human?: 951
mentoneman wrote:


Play it huff!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Mar 16, 2008 2:03am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, May 17, 2007 7:53pm
Posts: 3319
EWSEthan wrote:
Im not John, but Ill chime in. :D

From what my ears tell me, E-Rect doesnt have more gain than SL2. EG5 definitely has the most gain. Channel A of EG5 is basically like Channel B of any other high gain module it sounds to me. Its a monster.

EG5 is my favorite though for the variety of tones available by changing pickups and backing off the volume. That module is f***ing beautiful. I mean that seriously. It goes from playful to complete destruction dependings on picking dynamics, pickup, guitar volume. Amazing. Sorry Im rambling.


I agree, it can do sooooooooooooooo much....classic tones to metal by controlling the gain and/or guitar's volume, etc.

I am hunting for my second module though.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 10:43am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Mar 05, 2008 2:42pm
Posts: 1107
Location: Rochester, MI
Are you human?: 951
The EG5 clips sound pretty friggin sweet!! :rock:

_________________
GUITARS: 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/MCP Detroiters, 1959 Replica w/Throbaks, 1996 Fender American Strat w/MCP Detroiter (Bridge) / SD Classic Stak Plus (Neck/Mid), Takamine Acoustic
AMP: Metropoulos Metro-Plex, Friedman BE100 w/Smallbox switch mod, 50W Lead/Bass Plexi, Egnater Renegade (heavily modded), Egnater 2X12 w/WGS Liberator & Reaper HP / Mather 4X12 w/ Celestion Heritage Greenbacks, Sourmash OS2X12 w/ M65/H75 Creambacks
EFFECTS: Whirlwind A/B Box, Korg Pitchblack Tuner, EHX Nano Big Muff (PBE modded), PBE El Capitan (Custom Built FAT TS w/SHO), Dunlop Wah 535q, DOD Phaser (PBE modded), PBE Beefy Chicken, EHX Memory Man w/Hazarai, EHX Soul Food, EHX Neo Clone, Carl Martin Plexi, MXR 10-Band EQ, Ibanez TS-9 (PBE modded)
<DAN>


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 11:04am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Mon, Mar 10, 2008 3:57pm
Posts: 305
richedie wrote:
I agree, it can do sooooooooooooooo much....classic tones to metal by controlling the gain and/or guitar's volume, etc.


I still have yet to hear the EG5, let alone any Egnater MOD 50 modules throwing down some high gain metal tones. :no: I've heard clips of the "seminar" head tearing it up but nothing on the MOD 50. Would anyone be willing to post some clips of the top three higher gain modules doing some Mettalica-esque riffs? Think "Constant Motion" by Dream Theater. That's the sound I'm going for. :rock:

I guess I must be one of the few prospective-Egnater customers who will be using it more for metal or heavier progressive rock. :aww:

_________________
1997 Ibanez SC420 BC • 1991 Ibanez 540S OL • 1998 Taylor 312-CE


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 2:15pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 20, 2007 1:24pm
Posts: 2188
ruso wrote:
richedie wrote:
I agree, it can do sooooooooooooooo much....classic tones to metal by controlling the gain and/or guitar's volume, etc.


I still have yet to hear the EG5, let alone any Egnater MOD 50 modules throwing down some high gain metal tones. :no: I've heard clips of the "seminar" head tearing it up but nothing on the MOD 50. Would anyone be willing to post some clips of the top three higher gain modules doing some Mettalica-esque riffs? Think "Constant Motion" by Dream Theater. That's the sound I'm going for. :rock:

I guess I must be one of the few prospective-Egnater customers who will be using it more for metal or heavier progressive rock. :aww:


For Constant Motion Id recommend double tracking the E-Rect and EG5. Or wait for the Super COD. E-Rect and EG5 will both do metal. Its just a preference. What do you think sounds better? Dual Rectifier or SLO? If DR, pick E-Rect. If SLO, pick EG5.

_________________
< Matt >
CAA PT-100
Suhr Badger 35
Suhr 2x12 w/ Scumback M75s
Suhr 1x12 w/ Scumback M75
Suhr Standard (DSH+/V60LP/DSV), Suhr Standard (SSH+/SSV), Suhr Classic T, Pierro La Cabronita, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, 1997 Fender Strat (Suhr V60LPs), 2002 Gibson LP Standard, 2007 Gibson Billie Joe Armstrong LP Jr, 2009 Taylor 414CE Spring LTD

>>> A Clean Getaway >>>
Click Here to Buy the Debut EP Grounded at iTunes!
Preview Music at MySpace


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use