Egnater Dual Tone 100?

Hey guys,

I just have bought Egnater Dual Tone 100 and would like to you to share some information about it! Bruce wrote "That is very rare amp. We only made 25 of those about 12 years ago. It is a hand wired 100 watt head with a Fender style channel and a Marshall style channel. No master volumes, no channel switching, no frills. It does have a unique feature which is the four position output power switch. You can set for 100, 50, 25 or 10 watts. It is a pretty cool amp." But I'd like to know more and actually opinion of owners or somebody who played or heard this amp. Сomparisons with IE-4 and original Mica TOL-100 would be helpful too. Thanks in advance.

my amp looks like this one
0955_1.jpg

0955_2.jpg

And I thought I knew everything about the Egnater amp line. :confused:

My mind is also blown. Where in god's name did you find that???

3 Mile Stone":1lyh3bh0 said:
And I thought I knew everything about the Egnater amp line. :confused:

My mind is also blown. Where in god's name did you find that???
I guess we all learn something everyday :LOL: :LOL: Looks cool!!!

I'm still blown away. I can't believe there was an Egnater about which I knew NOTHING.

How does that puppy sound?

Is it like the Twin channel and the EG3 channel?

Does it have the same simple biasing ability as other Egnaters?

I MUST FIND ONE...............

I wish Jeff or Bruce would chime in on this one. Maybe somebody at HRI would know more about it.

Matt,

It's the original product sheet that Bruce sent me years ago and I scanned and posted it.

Regards, JD...

I owned one of these briefly about 3 years ago. Found it at a local music store for like $300 if I remember correctly. It was a nice amp-good sound, good volume. Just didn't really have enough gain for what i wanted at the time. Kinda like a Twin/SuperLead in one head. A very clean head though.

muudrock":2ku4jqjp said:
I owned one of these briefly about 3 years ago. Found it at a local music store for like $300 if I remember correctly. It was a nice amp-good sound, good volume. Just didn't really have enough gain for what i wanted at the time. Kinda like a Twin/SuperLead in one head. A very clean head though.

In what city was it located?

To whom did you sell it? :confused:

Cleveland, Ohio--actually a suburb called Lyndhurst.
I sold it through eBay. Don't remember where it went.

I've got it in Japan. When I asked Bruce at first it was sold for $450 there. Now I find other one with Scholz Power Soak and some Laney cab... it will gonna cost me $1000 with shipping from Japan. Actually I would buy it even if it was one channel amp by Bruce. I had IE-4 and original MICA so I know how good this channel can be and even better for any home and gig needs with output power switch. I think it can be really good alternative to CAA OD-100 or maybe even better Twin and SLP combination. But I'd like to know more about second channel. Is it comparable to 3 channel of MICA TOL-100 or IE-4?

muudrock":3vnjoaq4 said:

Do you rember what you sold it for on ebay?

Larr Rolando":23mu2bkl said:
muudrock":23mu2bkl said:

Do you rember what you sold it for on ebay?

Don't really remember but $450-ish rings a bell.

Back