Kitchen appliances

bruce egnater

Odd question but stay with me. So I am at Macy's the other day waiting for my wife. I'm checking out the small appliances. Coffee/expresso makers, food processors etc. etc. Lot's of cool fancy stuff, if you're into that sort of thing. Prices from $69 to $999. See the list of brands below. Which of these would you consider ti be quality brands with a good reputation?

Kenrig
Kitchenaid
Black & Decker
Nexpresso
Cuisinart
Krups
DeLonghi
Bella Kucina
Breville
Waring

bruce egnater":19d8kqpr said:
Odd question but stay with me. So I am at Macy's the other day waiting for my wife. I'm checking out the small appliances. Coffee/expresso makers, food processors etc. etc. Lot's of cool fancy stuff, if you're into that sort of thing. Prices from $69 to $999. See the list of brands below. Which of these would you consider ti be quality brands with a good reputation?

Kenrig
Kitchenaid
Black & Decker
Nexpresso
Cuisinart
Krups
DeLonghi
Bella Kucina
Breville
Waring
:LOL: :LOL: Have had a cuisinart coffee maker for years and has never let me down and I paid 50 bucks for :thumbsup: The only real appliance I need has got your last name on it buddy!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

bruce egnater":2zctjnlw said:

Kenrig
Kitchenaid
Black & Decker
Nexpresso
Cuisinart
Krups
DeLonghi
Bella Kucina
Breville
Waring

Krups makes really good coffee makers- I have used them. Got a black and Decker Power drill that I have used for years. Don't think it makes very good coffee, though.

You mean you do things other than make great amps?! Geez- How weird is that?!

;) ;) :D :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :doh: :doh: :rock: :rock:

jmgman69":1urnw1z8 said:
bruce egnater":1urnw1z8 said:

Kenrig
Kitchenaid
Black & Decker
Nexpresso
Cuisinart
Krups
DeLonghi
Bella Kucina
Breville
Waring
:LOL: :LOL: Have had a cuisinart coffee maker for years and has never let me down and I paid 50 bucks for :thumbsup: The only real appliance I need has got your last name on it buddy!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

There's an idea- The next amp should have an extra channel that does the dishes and makes coffee! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce- You had to know we were gonna run with this one, right? We can't help it- Us tone chasers are a little weird, you know...

:scared: :scared: :confused: :confused: :cry: :cry: :D :D

Best. Thread. Ever. :LOL: :LOL: I was completely expecting this to relate to amps in some way. Hilarious.

Anyway, from that list the best (of the brands that Ive heard of) are probably Kitchenaid, Cuisinart, Krups, and DeLonghi (probably in that order).

But honestly, the best coffee you can make will come from a french press and it will cost you max $30. Its a pain in the ass to make, but its so much better than drip.

Kitchenaid is the Egnater of Kitchen Mixers ....Solid Solid quality with a million ways to tweak it with Modular add on attachments. This was our #1 wedding gift from my wife's parents! :)

Seriosuly.. Kitchenaid is the only appliance you leave out on the counter to show off..... :)

For Cuisinart see this wonderfullllll Spaceballs CLip at 40 seconds in ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogbGLV8QR58

"best coffee... will come from a french press "

but you have to have a grinder that can get you the size grind, and you have to drink quickly :)

Hey Bruce!

I've worked in the coffee trade for 7 years now, and although i'm in the uk, i'll try and give you a rough idea. If you want shop stardard machine, you'd have to spend over £1000 ($1500). But for a good home expresso machine, look around the £100-£300 range. You don't need a massive water tank, especially if it's just for you and your wife. Say 1 litre is fine! All espresso machines usually have the same bar pressure so you don't need to worry about that. I've not heard of some of the brands you mentioned (might be just the us/uk divide!), but delonghi are quite good, but it's more of a have a look before you buy because some parts can feel cheap, look like they might break easilly, which most likely, they will!

But two good brands i can recommend from personal experience are Gaggia - http://www.gaggia.com/index.asp, and Bialetti - http://www.bialetti.com/BialettiUSA.htm. Both of which might be a bit pricier but high quailty and make great espresso!

If I replace the pre-amp tubes on my amp with a good coffee maker, does that mean I will get the right kind of "grind" in the sound?

Sorry... couldn't help it...

:no: :aww: :scared: :confused: :cry: :doh:

blueburl":a0l8hlrs said:
"best coffee... will come from a french press "

but you have to have a grinder that can get you the size grind, and you have to drink quickly :)

... and you have to have young kidneys that don't mind filtering out the "dreck". It leaves a lot of sediment for the old body to deal with. Prefer mine dripped, but then again ... I'm F'ing old so what do I know? :LOL: :LOL:

EWSEthan":2o1sdx6p said:
Best. Thread. Ever. :LOL: :LOL: I was completely expecting this to relate to amps in some way.

Actually I think it does, or more specifically the marketing of products of which Bruce makes amps. I think in my mind there are number of products that Bruce has listed. They range wildly in price and his intent is to see whether that price to product reputation and origin of it's manufacturing are a factor in our buying deccision. Of course it may just be way to early in the morning and I'm blowing smoke up y'all's @zz.

if the intended coffee maker has a built in grinder, ask to HEAR it in action first.

if it sounds weak, it IS weak.

The programmable cuisinart with the burr grinder was the suck. Had to take it back to bed bath and beyond after like a week.

the programmable cuisinart with the standard grinder has loads of power and works great.

either way, they're all hit or miss. online reviews might be the way to go. I just use a French press now. easy to clean and tastes better too. :rock:

Bruce,
Great thread, lots of really good advice. I don't know what the best coffee maker is, but the best coffee I've every bought was Dunkin Donuts regular. Really. Dunkin Donuts! Try it.

bruce egnater":3dz6bx2w said:
So many are considered quality brands. Can you guess what country every one of them is made in??

I wondered if you were doing a test.

If I can snatch the pebble from your hand, does that mean I have to leave? ;)

3 Mile Stone":ubygqjym said:
EWSEthan":ubygqjym said:
Best. Thread. Ever. :LOL: :LOL: I was completely expecting this to relate to amps in some way.

Actually I think it does, or more specifically the marketing of products of which Bruce makes amps. I think in my mind there are number of products that Bruce has listed. They range wildly in price and his intent is to see whether that price to product reputation and origin of it's manufacturing are a factor in our buying deccision. Of course it may just be way to early in the morning and I'm blowing smoke up y'all's @zz.

Nice answer, grasshopper... :LOL: :LOL: Totally agree.

My comparative response is in the Egnater Seminar amps. Bruce makes 'em and they bring top dollar. A seminar attendee makes one and it brings drastically less $$. Interesting...

FWIW, I wouldn't NOT try/buy a Egnater that was Made in China, it's just that I don't have to because I have what I like already.

Back