Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sat, Nov 17, 2018 11:00am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Boss Katana
PostPosted: Mon, Jun 11, 2018 3:13am 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
I'm running the Katana head into a MojoTone slant front 1X12 loaded with a 90watt Celestion Alnico Cream speaker.

It sounds REALLY good. The clean tone with the Alnico Cream is amazing. I can't wait to see what Boss invents next!

FYI It sounds better to me with the master volume set high (maybe 75%), and then set the amp volume, gain and presence wherever you like them.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 13, 2018 4:05pm 
Hack

The endorsements on this thread are really inspiring!
How well does the Katana do vintage and hot rodded Marshall tones ?
I have been interested in a light weight amp option!
Also, which cab do you guys prefer with the Karana Head ?
Cheers guys! Rock on!

PostPosted: Thu, Aug 23, 2018 4:07am 
Hack

Great thread!

I am looking to upgrade my old combo and the Katana is one of the three products I'm leaning towards. I play mainly metal plus with headphones at home and about once per week in a jamming room with others. So a convincing headphone sound is a must have for me. The other products I favour would be the Peavey 6505MH and the Line6 Helix LT. Unfortunately there a many who say that the Peavey is not very good at handling headphones and the Helix is not the cheapest product although probably the best option for my needs. Concerning the Katana I heard only good things but too less about his headphone performance.

Would you recommend it for mainly headphone usage and once per week in a jamming room without? I'm using a quite good pair of cans (Beyerdynamic T1).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10