NAD! With the help of RT member.....Josh!(JCJ)

Racerxrated

First off, a HUGE thank you to Josh(jcj) for his help in shipping this beast, 115 lbs..So, I’ve been looking at Craigslist ads all over hoping to find something cool. I found an ad in LA for vintage Mesa amps and contacted the seller. He’s a good dude who used to own Guitars R Us back in the 80s, and was/is a promoter also who used to work with GnR and Poison among others. Howie Hubberman. He says he has 2 Coliseum Combos, I ask for serials and the mint one is K343! A 2C! Except it has a 2B faceplate...so it might be just a B, still a cool amp. It also has the limiter on the back, which only came with 2Cs. But I’ve got to find help to ship. I remember that Josh lives out there, so I contacted him and he said he wasn’t too far away from Howie and he would help me out. How awesome is that? Josh is one example of why our community here is great! This amp came with a new condition road case as well, just to add more weight lol! Of course I sent Josh a little extra for his help, which he tried to decline but no chance I was not gonna pay him... :rock:
Turns out it’s a 2B, with the R9 board. Yes a little bummed until I plugged in, I’ve owned 2 2B Colis and this one is more like a Mk III Coli with less gain..tight as a frogs ass with more definition. So it has some secret sauce, 2Bs are usually mushy in the low end. Easily an 80s Metal amp no boost needed.
Big thanks again to Josh!
:rock: :rock:

Attachments

• 0383F7A7-EB45-481B-906F-8E073A8BCC42.jpeg
    0383F7A7-EB45-481B-906F-8E073A8BCC42.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 738
Racerxrated":mpf4sdyx said:
thenine":mpf4sdyx said:
now that's freakin awesome! Congrats.

And I concur, Josh is a great dude!
:rock:
Absolutely, to take time out of his day to grab this beast, then run it to Fedex the same day? I totally expected it to be shipping the following week. Couldn't have asked for anything better.
RTers rule!

Wow man congrats. This is a desert island item for sure. I would love such an awesome 112 for the home. Great score and awesome of Josh to help you out.

That is just good karma coming back to you :thumbsup:

Awesome man! JCJ is a good dude. I put a post up a handful of years ago looking for a couple celestions. He responded and just gave them to me!!! He is a good guy and really generous.

maddnotez":1h47wx3m said:
Wow man congrats. This is a desert island item for sure. I would love such an awesome 112 for the home. Great score and awesome of Josh to help you out.

Thanks guys! The combo is actually a 1x15 with a 400w EV! One heavy beast lol.

Racerxrated":20m1jqnw said:
maddnotez":20m1jqnw said:

Thanks guys! The combo is actually a 1x15 with a 400w EV! One heavy beast lol.

Wow, even better :LOL: :LOL:

That is one thing I have never tried in a guitar cab was a different speaker size. I think (especially for metal) a 15" speaker would sound superb just based on science.

More than happy to help, buddy!

It seems all I see online these days is how someone got fucked as a buyer or seller using ebay/reverb/forums, or paypal, and it's really a shame. Used to be so much fun to buy and sell gear, but for me, it's just not worth the risk/hassle.

Any time there's a chance to help out a cool R-T member, I'm usually down. :D

BTW- Thanks for dinner, you're a gentleman! :D

jcj":29l1wnh5 said:
More than happy to help, buddy!

It seems all I see online these days is how someone got fucked as a buyer or seller using ebay/reverb/forums, or paypal, and it's really a shame. Used to be so much fun to buy and sell gear, but for me, it's just not worth the risk/hassle.

Any time there's a chance to help out a cool R-T member, I'm usually down. :D

BTW- Thanks for dinner, you're a gentleman! :D
You are very welcome my friend! And remember, if you ever want some piece of gear over here in hayseed country let me know!
:rock:

Congrats. Very cool to see this! The forum has hope!
Bet that amp thumps for a combo! Cool score for sure! Enjoy

Same here in the SF bay area. I'm down to help out if it makes this board better. Everyone is wayyy cool. Great story!!!! Nice score brother...

Thanks everyone! I will admit, I was a little inspired by Wizard of Ozz's score with the early Dual Rec, and Jim Seavall helping out...I did contact Jim but he would have to have taken a full day off to do it with the traffic issues..I think I could have talked him into it but contacted Josh instead.
This forum might not be as popular as it was back in 2010 or so, but clearly the guys who are still here make it great.

Back