The next great thrash band?? Seen these kids?

Observations:

1. JSX and a $100 cab, and his tone sounds better than 95% of the metal bands I hear and this is recorded on a phone.
2. The drummer is probably better than Lars Ulrich right now, and I am not kidding at all.
3. They are tight as bands 2x their age.
4. The little girl at 5:19 who walks across holding her ears, will be the girl when they are 20, and a big band saying "I WAS AT THEIR GIGS WHEN WE WERE LITTLE!!!"

sutepaj":1o00mkds said:
Observations:

1. JSX and a $100 cab, and his tone sounds better than 95% of the metal bands I hear and this is recorded on a phone.
2. The drummer is probably better than Lars Ulrich right now, and I am not kidding at all.
3. They are tight as bands 2x their age.
4. The little girl at 5:19 who walks across holding her ears, will be the girl when they are 20, and a big band saying "I WAS AT THEIR GIGS WHEN WE WERE LITTLE!!!"

The JSX always delivers!

Yay! the Greta Van Fleet of metal! :doh: innovate kids, stop imitating like every other rock/metal band in the last 10 years and you might have a future..

Bloodrock":2xjw081c said:
Yay! the Greta Van Fleet of metal! :doh: innovate kids, stop imitating like every other rock/metal band in the last 10 years and you might have a future..
Are you fucking kidding? What are they, 13? For fucks sake, give them a couple of years! Post some examples of your innovative creations from that age... :doh:

Yay! I get to gloat some more! I know these kids, met them at Exodus/Obituary in Kansas City last year. My band's guitarist tracked their EP, and I mixed it. It was mastered by David of Havok. They're absurdly talented and a load of fun to hang out and play with.

He uses a JSX into a Kustom cab live, but the EP is my Engl Savage boosted with a TS9 into an ENGL 412XXL. We did a big shootout with his, mine, and my other guitarist's amps and that was the rig that won out. The drums are 100% natural, no sample replacement.

I don't really agree with them being "another Greta Van Fleet" at all. They're obviously heavily influenced by Gojira and Exodus, but they honestly have synthesized their influences really well, and even then, the oldest of them is 16 and the youngest is 11(!). The fact they can write shit like this AT ALL is a big deal.

Freaking love this story!!
Greta Van fleet. Comes from the town I live in.
They are ok. But these young dudes are crushing.
Guess it depends what’ ya wanna hear I suppose.

I see a lot of talent but not much originality. They're having a lot of fun and doing a great job at it. I can't listen to a little boy singing though. They will only get better, and the singer's voice will eventually develop when his balls drop. Great to see kids playing guitar and metal that's for sure.

to me they sound more like some of the thrash bands of the 80's that didn't go anywhere as apposed to the big 4, 5 or 6 bands that defined the genre. But hey they are young and might develop into somethings awesome

Bloodrock":16bwfjvy said:

Get out of here Bloodcock!

:gethim:

I think that was great. My only issue was the pre-pubescent vocals, but if they keep up the energy and don't break up, they'll go places in a few years!

Dissing them for not being original is pretty much a moronic thing to do :thumbsdown:
Post some of your own stuff from when you were 14.

Chances are, if Andy Wood or Pete Thorn, two guys who posted here, and actually made something of themselves in music were to comment, I'm pretty damn sure they would say nothing but positive stuff.

They're tight as hell, and at that age, it will only get better.

chris lykins":1szep1yk said:
Good for those kids! Any kids playing rock these days need our support!
EXACTLY, and they're playing the good shit. Criticism of originality reaks for kids that are 13 years old....These kids are kickin' ass, but it's good for them in a way to get used to losers busting their chops over bs.....Just keep kick ass and smile in their faces kiddos!

ke2":3cr9jyqj said:
Dissing them for not being original is pretty much a moronic thing to do :thumbsdown:
Post some of your own stuff from when you were 14.

Chances are, if Andy Wood or Pete Thorn, two guys who posted here, and actually made something of themselves in music were to comment, I'm pretty damn sure they would say nothing but positive stuff.

They're tight as hell, and at that age, it will only get better.
Your posts lacks originality. Sorry if that bruises your fragile skin too. Didnt mean it as a "diss" homeslice. :cry: Next time don't stop reading a post at the first sentence, and have the stones to quote the post you're talking about.

And by the way it's Moronic Colossus to you. :LOL: :LOL:

Back