Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Apr 22, 2019 5:54am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 11, 2019 6:58am 
Offline
Immortal Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 02, 2008 7:14pm
Posts: 12241
Location: US
Are you human?: 951
Very interested in one of these, looks killer for a wet/dry/wet and studio setup. Looks like an improved version of the UA OX with way more routing and setup options. To be released soon-https://youtu.be/_WhTRToGz6Q

_________________
Langner DCP1
Langner Modded JCM900
Fortin Modded JMP Cali++
Fortin JCM800 Hyper mod
Friedman Modded Metro Superlead
Ceriatone JTM45
JCM 2000 DSL
VOX AC15
Marshall Dual Monoblock 100/100
6 Marshall 412's


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 11, 2019 7:54pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Wed, Sep 02, 2015 12:47pm
Posts: 2269
Are you human?: 951
Looks incredible, but price is like $1,200+

_________________
Please don’t PM me any questions about any amps since I only check messages when selling gear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, Apr 11, 2019 9:08pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jan 05, 2016 8:26pm
Posts: 1586
Location: Green dumpster behind the Waikiki 7-11
Are you human?: 951
I'm interested in one also. It has so much shit jammed into it. It says it's also an interface but i'm curious how good it is for an interface in terms of latency and what not. And it's suppose to have 16 switchable reactive loads based on different speaker types. I'm curious if those loads make any difference vs Suhr's one reactive load? I was told they go on sale June 17th. For $1200 I may not jump in head first and see how the reviews are.

_________________
Cheesy home recordings -> https://soundcloud.com/faka-894685110

First Act - Ola signature 25 string with Evertune
Monoprice- Indio Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Sunburst
Fortin modded Gorilla "Masterbuilt" GG-10 (Hand wired).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 1:10am 
Offline
Immortal Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Jun 03, 2007 7:04pm
Posts: 11715
Location: Seattle
Are you human?: 951
It is interesting

_________________
The fact that Stephen appears from nowhere, is sentenced to death in an emotional public trial without anyone interfering at all and is then altogether forgotten as if nothing happened, is already suspicious.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 5:33am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Feb 20, 2019 12:04am
Posts: 361
Are you human?: 951
I would probably go UA over anything boss tbh, but the waza pedals do sound killer. As far as reputation goes UA is top tier.

Saying that I will probably go the cheaper route and go with some two notes varient.

_________________
Splawn: PROMOD KT88, Nitro KT88. Orange: Rockerverb 50mki, Dual Terror. Mesa:MKIV, Tremoverb, Nomad 100, Subway Blues, .22 cal w/GEQ. Krank Rev+. Fryette Sig:X. Rivera k100, Peavey JSX, 6505. Randall C-200. Musicman 100RD, Fender 72 SF Bassman, 70 Twin Reverb, 67 SG Bandmaster. Carvin V16, Ampeg: Lee Jackson, AX70, Crate BV120 w/CEC mods, BUILDS: 5F1, 1978X 18 Watt. BUILDS IN PROCESS: AA165, JTM45. And a bunch of modded VJR's. 40 guitars and countless pedals.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 5:53am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Feb 04, 2010 4:51am
Posts: 1503
Location: Denmark
Are you human?: 951
Dave Friedman states on Facebook that he tested out a lot of units among UA Ox and Suhr. The Waza won above them all.

_________________
Fender CS Stratocaster Black Lightning
ESP USA M-II HT
ESP Original Series Horizon-II NT
ESP LTD VB-401 Baritone
Mayones Setius
Charvel DK24 HH HT
Caparison Dellinger II

Kemper Powered Rack
2 x Dynacord AXM12a
Zilla Super Fatboy


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 7:00am 
Offline
Immortal Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 02, 2008 7:14pm
Posts: 12241
Location: US
Are you human?: 951
I like the flexibility of it vs the OX, I know UA makes great stuff, I have a bunch of it. But for the same money, if I can have that kind of flexibility for live recording, playing as well as a studio setup, its a very appealing package. For the record, I have Roland/Boss stuff that is over 30 years old and still works great, so Im not worried about build quality.
Our bass player has an OX and loves it, so I know its a good unit, and it sounds great.
I see a trend forming here, its a killer idea, but I wish they would have included L/R line outs for running your own power amp, of course I haven't heard the internal amp, it may sound great so I may be jumping the gun here. Also a stereo efx loop would have been nice for studio work.
Great stuff, its not at the top of my list, but its second on it if the initial race test's prove it to sound as good as the OX. In the end, the unit that sounds closer to the actual amp is likely gonna get my money

_________________
Langner DCP1
Langner Modded JCM900
Fortin Modded JMP Cali++
Fortin JCM800 Hyper mod
Friedman Modded Metro Superlead
Ceriatone JTM45
JCM 2000 DSL
VOX AC15
Marshall Dual Monoblock 100/100
6 Marshall 412's


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 7:05am 
Offline
Immortal Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 02, 2008 7:14pm
Posts: 12241
Location: US
Are you human?: 951
errrrrl wrote:
I'm interested in one also. It has so much shit jammed into it. It says it's also an interface but i'm curious how good it is for an interface in terms of latency and what not. And it's suppose to have 16 switchable reactive loads based on different speaker types. I'm curious if those loads make any difference vs Suhr's one reactive load? I was told they go on sale June 17th. For $1200 I may not jump in head first and see how the reviews are.

Im very curious about this as well, although I have a killer interface so that aspect is not really a factor for me. I think they could have left that out, most people who need an interface want to record a lot more than just their guitar and would likely already have one

_________________
Langner DCP1
Langner Modded JCM900
Fortin Modded JMP Cali++
Fortin JCM800 Hyper mod
Friedman Modded Metro Superlead
Ceriatone JTM45
JCM 2000 DSL
VOX AC15
Marshall Dual Monoblock 100/100
6 Marshall 412's


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 4:31pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jan 05, 2016 8:26pm
Posts: 1586
Location: Green dumpster behind the Waikiki 7-11
Are you human?: 951
JTyson wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
I'm interested in one also. It has so much shit jammed into it. It says it's also an interface but i'm curious how good it is for an interface in terms of latency and what not. And it's suppose to have 16 switchable reactive loads based on different speaker types. I'm curious if those loads make any difference vs Suhr's one reactive load? I was told they go on sale June 17th. For $1200 I may not jump in head first and see how the reviews are.

Im very curious about this as well, although I have a killer interface so that aspect is not really a factor for me. I think they could have left that out, most people who need an interface want to record a lot more than just their guitar and would likely already have one

True. I think in my case I went with the Suhr IR at the beginning of the year and just upgraded my interface to a RME UCX and am wondering if I should have just waited for the tube amp expander since it has it all :doh: Oh well.

As for UA and the Ox, I still haven't heard anything amazing in terms of high gain/metal recordings so there is zero gas for it. And the lack of Windows/Android pretty much makes it useless for myself. If Dave Friedman says the Waza blew them all away then shit... it might be upgrade time again lol

_________________
Cheesy home recordings -> https://soundcloud.com/faka-894685110

First Act - Ola signature 25 string with Evertune
Monoprice- Indio Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Sunburst
Fortin modded Gorilla "Masterbuilt" GG-10 (Hand wired).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, Apr 12, 2019 6:27pm 
Offline
Immortal Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Aug 02, 2008 7:14pm
Posts: 12241
Location: US
Are you human?: 951
errrrrl wrote:
JTyson wrote:
errrrrl wrote:
I'm interested in one also. It has so much shit jammed into it. It says it's also an interface but i'm curious how good it is for an interface in terms of latency and what not. And it's suppose to have 16 switchable reactive loads based on different speaker types. I'm curious if those loads make any difference vs Suhr's one reactive load? I was told they go on sale June 17th. For $1200 I may not jump in head first and see how the reviews are.

Im very curious about this as well, although I have a killer interface so that aspect is not really a factor for me. I think they could have left that out, most people who need an interface want to record a lot more than just their guitar and would likely already have one

True. I think in my case I went with the Suhr IR at the beginning of the year and just upgraded my interface to a RME UCX and am wondering if I should have just waited for the tube amp expander since it has it all :doh: Oh well.

As for UA and the Ox, I still haven't heard anything amazing in terms of high gain/metal recordings so there is zero gas for it. And the lack of Windows/Android pretty much makes it useless for myself. If Dave Friedman says the Waza blew them all away then shit... it might be upgrade time again lol

Yeah, I haven't heard any heavy recordings on an OX yet, so I don't know. I'll have to talk Jerry into bringing his over so we can race test it. All Ive heard is those clean and edge of breakup tones that only those guys fawn over. I'll run the 5 stage Langner into it and give it a proper recording test vs miking up a cab and see how it comes out soon as I get a chance. I'm slammed with work at the moment :doh:

_________________
Langner DCP1
Langner Modded JCM900
Fortin Modded JMP Cali++
Fortin JCM800 Hyper mod
Friedman Modded Metro Superlead
Ceriatone JTM45
JCM 2000 DSL
VOX AC15
Marshall Dual Monoblock 100/100
6 Marshall 412's


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019 8:49am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Mar 09, 2008 12:01pm
Posts: 2886
Location: Ontario, Canada
Are you human?: 951
The OX is due for an update and once they put in a V30 Cab, it may be more versatile with some heavier sounding amps. I’ve used mine with a JP-2C as well as my BE-50. I have not been disappointed with mine in the least. I have used it for more than a year now and it has worked amazingly well with recording and live work.

I am looking at the TAE as well because I like a lot of the functionality of it and some of the front panel features for on the fly adjustments. The built in power amp is near as well because if my amp was ever to go down, I could literally grab my board and run it into this as a quick backup for playing live.

_________________
Friedman - Fractal - Line6 - UA OX - Gibson CS - Fender CS - Charvel CS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat, Apr 13, 2019 2:01pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Oct 26, 2008 11:50pm
Posts: 1932
Location: Connecticut
Are you human?: 951
I might have to pick one up. It looks awesome! Nice surprise from boss :)

_________________
::AMPS::
EVH 5150 III 50 watt
Vox VT40+
TC Electronic BG250
(2) Randall RM100's

Salvation MTS mods- Rockerverb, Mesa Mark IV, CCV
Kemper


Peace & ZEN


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 14, 2019 2:59pm 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sun, Nov 03, 2013 7:54pm
Posts: 173
Are you human?: 951
PBGas wrote:
The OX is due for an update and once they put in a V30 Cab, it may be more versatile with some heavier sounding amps. I’ve used mine with a JP-2C as well as my BE-50. I have not been disappointed with mine in the least. I have used it for more than a year now and it has worked amazingly well with recording and live work.


Just curious if you have actually heard of an update coming down the pipe? It seems like UA has been dragging their feet hardcore with updates on the OX. Either way, my main cab for metal is a 4x12 with Greenbacks, so I'm not convinced for the need for a V30 loaded cab to get heavy tones.

You're also the first person I've seen comment on good heavy tones from the OX. A lot of users say the room mics in the OX are what really help it shine. I wonder if the Boss TAE will have these too?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon, Apr 15, 2019 3:29pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Mar 09, 2008 12:01pm
Posts: 2886
Location: Ontario, Canada
Are you human?: 951
Meeotch wrote:
PBGas wrote:
The OX is due for an update and once they put in a V30 Cab, it may be more versatile with some heavier sounding amps. I’ve used mine with a JP-2C as well as my BE-50. I have not been disappointed with mine in the least. I have used it for more than a year now and it has worked amazingly well with recording and live work.


Just curious if you have actually heard of an update coming down the pipe? It seems like UA has been dragging their feet hardcore with updates on the OX. Either way, my main cab for metal is a 4x12 with Greenbacks, so I'm not convinced for the need for a V30 loaded cab to get heavy tones.

You're also the first person I've seen comment on good heavy tones from the OX. A lot of users say the room mics in the OX are what really help it shine. I wonder if the Boss TAE will have these too?


We keep getting hints from Drew @ UA on the updates that they have heard loud and clear on the OX. The V30 cab and I believe the USB piece are what they have noted. Now, as far as a date for that, your guess is as good as mine. I would think they would have shown the update at MusicMesse but nothing came about. They did introduce the UA OX back at the 2017 Summer Namm so perhaps history will repeat itself with an update at that time?

I really like the unit! I do also like what is on the TAE but I just haven't heard enough on it to make me want to get it as of yet. Still, no denying that Boss has a solid product coming out!

_________________
Friedman - Fractal - Line6 - UA OX - Gibson CS - Fender CS - Charvel CS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 16, 2019 5:29am 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Sun, Jul 24, 2011 4:56pm
Posts: 3338
Location: Northern Virginia
Are you human?: 951
I’m a little bummed the Boss unit has such little power.

I’ve been hoping to find some Power Station type device to increase the power of an Ampeg B15 bass amp (30 watt tube amp). But the 50 Power Station and 100 watt TAE aren’t going to cut it. A Suhr load and separate power amp could work just is just a bit of a hassle.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue, Apr 16, 2019 11:21am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee

Joined: Thu, May 07, 2009 3:25pm
Posts: 348
Don't forget the OX is Ipad and Mac only. Not even Iphone, which would a gift for live. Waza will be supported on all platforms.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun, Apr 21, 2019 8:35pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Sun, Mar 09, 2008 12:01pm
Posts: 2886
Location: Ontario, Canada
Are you human?: 951
Quote:
As for UA and the Ox, I still haven't heard anything amazing in terms of high gain/metal recordings so there is zero gas for it. And the lack of Windows/Android pretty much makes it useless for myself. If Dave Friedman says the Waza blew them all away then shit... it might be upgrade time again lol


Notice the main Waza ad. Using a Friedman amp. Boss was using Friedman amps at the Namm show as well. This is wonderful that Dave said it blows them all away. He is a great guy and I have a bunch of his products that I use and love. Not suggesting anything at all here. May be just a coincidence. Maybe they have some kind of working relationship. Dave probably loaned out the amps to them. Pretty smart thing to do and pretty cool on his part as well. Can't wait to hear more on the product and hopefully some reviews of folks that get them early.

There are so many features on this product that I like. The ability to rack mount it, the internal power supply instead of a brick, the built in power amp. It is missing any kind of bluetooth connection though which would have been nice but again, not a deal break. I'm still considering one as well.

:rock:

_________________
Friedman - Fractal - Line6 - UA OX - Gibson CS - Fender CS - Charvel CS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use