JJ Jr. clip that made me contact Sweetwater

romanianreaper

Well in addition to the other JJ Jr. clips out there, I saw this one and sent me over the damn brink. Ugh. I didn't buy yet but told them to contact me when they get more in. I don't "need" a Friedman but this is probably the best way for me to get one without going into the bigger amps. Son of a....I want a Les Paul Standard and this dang amp comes out.....LOL

I have one on order as well. Unfortunately its backordered until July.. I was going to cancel my order then I saw this video and it convinced me to wait.

I've had mine for a week and can tell you that you won't be disappointed with the tone. Dave Friedman is an amp grand master.

I see the JJ jr cab is a Creamback 65. My current cab has a 75 and a V30 in it. I hope it works well together.

The vid that really has me G.A.S. as of recently is Reza's video of the V2 Caldera. I think after the JJ jr either a Caldera or Degonnizer(sp?) will be my next amp.

You guys are killing me. Not even an inkling of "meh, it's ok", "I wish it had this", etc. I'm f'd. LOL

I'm probably going to put the Les Paul Standard on hold for now. :)

I'm curious to see what smaller cabs everyone is using it with.

romanianreaper":1xa3gjpd said:
You guys are killing me. Not even an inkling of "meh, it's ok", "I wish it had this", etc. I'm f'd. LOL

Since you mentioned it... It would be on my wishlist if it had fixed bias. I’m not big on cathode biased amps.

psychodave":nnmoi99b said:
Since you mentioned it... It would be on my wishlist if it had fixed bias. I’m not big on cathode biased amps.

Dave, it has been years since my tube amp days and forgot alot of that stuff. I remember back in the day we all had a big discussion about this and always confuses me. Is fixed bias like the Mesas where they are basically plug and play or the opposite? I know that I wasn't a big fan of tinkering inside of a tube amp with the probes, etc. and liked when they had the external bias.

Rex Rocker":62ahs6yu said:
The direct sound sounded atrocious.

But the mic'd sound indeed sounded great.

Yeah, I'm still wondering about that myself. In the vids that I've seen, they say it is good but doesn't seem to translate in the videos.

Rex Rocker":1tj2whco said:
The direct sound sounded atrocious.

But the mic'd sound indeed sounded great.

You know what though, I just listened back and not as bad as I orginally thought. I mean, it doesn't sound as good as the mic'd cab but it is pretty good. I'm sure with some EQ in recording software, etc. it could sound really good.

romanianreaper":2ki5sos7 said:

I'm curious as well. I wish I would have kept my Splawn 2x12 with Creamback 65's it would have looked great with this. Pretty sure it would have sounded good.

Are you going to go single 12 inch cab or 2 or 4x12?

romanianreaper":kt2ankft said:
psychodave":kt2ankft said:

Dave, it has been years since my tube amp days and forgot alot of that stuff. I remember back in the day we all had a big discussion about this and always confuses me. Is fixed bias like the Mesas where they are basically plug and play or the opposite? I know that I wasn't a big fan of tinkering inside of a tube amp with the probes, etc. and liked when they had the external bias.
No biasing is required but that doesn’t mean some tubes might run hot and others cold.

ClintN667":v70a07i2 said:
romanianreaper":v70a07i2 said:

I'm curious as well. I wish I would have kept my Splawn 2x12 with Creamback 65's it would have looked great with this. Pretty sure it would have sounded good.

Marshall 2061 cabinet is the perfect size for these heads. Eventually I plan on getting another Sourmash 2061 cab and running my PT20 & JJ jr in stereo :rock:

acidvoodoo":172fx3ex said:
ClintN667":172fx3ex said:
romanianreaper":172fx3ex said:

Marshall 2061 cabinet is the perfect size for these heads. Eventually I plan on getting another Sourmash 2061 cab and running my PT20 & JJ jr in stereo :rock:

I love your vids dude!

ClintN667":3ruyweof said:

LOL, I was just going to ask the same thing! :D

Well, I think 4x12 is definitely out. I mean I could do it, especially since I don't gig anymore and wouldn't need to move it, but would be overkill. Plus, two hernia surgeries later I don't think I should be dabbling in that arena. LOL. If it sounds killer, I wouldn't mind having a 1x12. I have never owned one so wonder what people think about 1x12 versus 2x12 for something like a JJ Jr. or similar amp.

Yeah, the Splawn cab would have rocked with that!

LP Freak":196y6dn6 said:
No biasing is required but that doesn’t mean some tubes might run hot and others cold.

Thanks man. Yeah, starting to come back to me now. I think the discussion revolved around some guys wanting to run their a bit hotter and were unable to do it.

ClintN667":2wg31hs3 said:
acidvoodoo":2wg31hs3 said:
ClintN667":2wg31hs3 said:
romanianreaper":2wg31hs3 said:

I love your vids dude!
Thanks man!

romanianreaper":1mib4wep said:
ClintN667":1mib4wep said:

LOL, I was just going to ask the same thing! :D

Well, I think 4x12 is definitely out. I mean I could do it, especially since I don't gig anymore and wouldn't need to move it, but would be overkill. Plus, two hernia surgeries later I don't think I should be dabbling in that arena. LOL. If it sounds killer, I wouldn't mind having a 1x12. I have never owned one so wonder what people think about 1x12 versus 2x12 for something like a JJ Jr. or similar amp.

Yeah, the Splawn cab would have rocked with that!

I dont think I can justify having a 4x12 at this age and playing mostly at home. I cant really turn up my amps cause my wife never leaves the house long enough for me to enjoy it. That's a reason I went ahead with the 20 watt JJ jr. I had to be realistic with my wattage needs. I'm leaning to either using it with my KSR cab or ordering another Splawn cab. Friedman cabs are running around $900 for a 2x12. I could get a Splawn for $700 or another KSR cab for $700. Kyle has been so good to me I will probably go with a KSR even though Splawn is located like 15 minutes away from me.

I was thinking a Creamback 65 cab or maybe a redback???
Would a 1x12 with a Redback be overkill?

Back