F'in Reverbers!

LeftOurEyes":35iek6vi said:
Now you mistook the time frame lol. You change what you say slightly each time. Enjoy your day.

There's nothing being changed, whatsoever. The fact remains, the buyer inquired about it before you did, and, he made an offer and paid for it before you replied back with your location. There's nothing shady or dishonest about it. He had first dibs. He emailed me at 1:28 my time, you emailed me at 4:17, my time. I emailed to inform you shipping wasn't included, and during that time-frame, he pulled the trigger. You sent me your location at 7:49 my time, which is when I informed to it was sold, and you went into your tantrum.

Metlupass2":1rwe72ac said:
napalmdeath":1rwe72ac said:
Metlupass2":1rwe72ac said:
Maybe hes out of town? You should have asked before you made a final offer.

Spoke to him at great length. Never mentioned it.

But did you specifically ask when he could ship?

I did. He answered everything but that!

All's good. I found one, and the seller actually went above and beyond. Great deal, mint condition, and on the way!

Beandust":f6swvs3k said:
Most of the reasonable sellers will post *unable to ship until after.....* should be a standard policy but reverb could care less. If people were obligated to post shipping delays then we could say otherwise about reverb. Vacation or not it takes all of 2 seconds to log in and edit a listing. Pathetic101!!!

Agreed. He did, in fact, put that in his listing after I got a refund., (and he immediately re-listed it). However, I think Reverb said something to him. I had to get them involved to get the refund. He was to refund immediately last night, and never did.

Metlupass2":171zmgdv said:
napalmdeath":171zmgdv said:
Metlupass2":171zmgdv said:

If you're in discussion, the onus is on the seller to say he can't ship for some time if that's the situation. If you're taking payment it's implied that you can ship in a reasonable amount of time. If I'm selling, I always give a heads up if I can't ship in the next day or two.

on my last eBay gear purchase I made an offer a couple hours after the auction was posted and he countered it, I countered that, and then he countered with the same price I was offering but added that he wouldn't be able to ship it for like 8-9 days. I wasn't in a hurry anyway and he did deliver, but I thought it was a little odd.

jsp":2wzxh0fj said:
Metlupass2":2wzxh0fj said:
napalmdeath":2wzxh0fj said:
Metlupass2":2wzxh0fj said:

If you're in discussion, the onus is on the seller to say he can't ship for some time if that's the situation. If you're taking payment it's implied that you can ship in a reasonable amount of time. If I'm selling, I always give a heads up if I can't ship in the next day or two.

I agree. And, (though not really a trustworthy rule of thumb), Reverb states sellers are expected to ship within 72 hours. That's what kind of irritated me, is that multiple sellers told me up to a week, and another shows stock (2), when, he in fact, didn't. He said "yeah, no problem, I can have one shipped directly to you from Friedman". WTF? You advertise (2) as being in stock, which isn't true. I went to him because Georgia is 1-2 days from Florida, not to wait for it from California!

napalmdeath":10aofspa said:
LeftOurEyes":10aofspa said:
Now you mistook the time frame lol. You change what you say slightly each time. Enjoy your day.

There's nothing being changed, whatsoever. The fact remains, the buyer inquired about it before you did, and, he made an offer and paid for it before you replied back with your location. There's nothing shady or dishonest about it. He had first dibs. He emailed me at 1:28 my time, you emailed me at 4:17, my time. I emailed to inform you shipping wasn't included, and during that time-frame, he pulled the trigger. You sent me your location at 7:49 my time, which is when I informed to it was sold, and you went into your tantrum.

There’s no dibs when I sell stuff. It’s first to say “I’ll buy, what’s your PayPal.” Then I expect a payment within the next hour unless I agree to wait a little longer. Anything before the “I’ll buy” is just tire kicking IMO. I’m not passing up a committed buyer to wait to hear back from a tire kicker.

mhenson42":9iew66az said:
napalmdeath":9iew66az said:
LeftOurEyes":9iew66az said:

There’s no dibs when I sell stuff. It’s first to say “I’ll buy, what’s your PayPal.” Then I expect a payment within the next hour unless I agree to wait a little longer. Anything before the “I’ll buy” is just tire kicking IMO. I’m not passing up a committed buyer to wait to hear back from a tire kicker.

Well, I knew original "dibs" was serious. Mr. Huffy failed to mention he asked about it nearly 3 weeks ago, only gained serious interest when I priced it to move. Which, at that point, seemed like a semi-serious tire-kicker.

mhenson42":2khzif8p said:
napalmdeath":2khzif8p said:

Well, I knew original "dibs" was serious. Mr. Huffy failed to mention he asked about it nearly 3 weeks ago, only gained serious interest when I priced it to move. Which, at that point, seemed like a semi-serious tire-kicker.

The other guy beat me to paying you, I get it, fair enough. To what mhenson42 said, I did say I'll buy it. My exact words were I'll take it. The only reason I didn't ask for his paypal is we would have to discuss shipping cost. I waited 40 minutes and hadn't heard anything back from him yet so I went grocery shopping. When I got back I saw his reply which was asking where my location was and no mention of another buyer. I replied in just under 2 hours, just the time it took me to get groceries. OK the other guy beat me, but 2 hours is tire kicking?

And how does me being more interested in the amp after it drops $300 make me remotely a "tire-kicker" or anything else for that matter? Anyone would be more interested in an amp that drops in price. And when I first asked about it 3 weeks ago I was very clear that I might be interested but wasn't sure, this time I flat out said I'll take it. Again the other guy beat me, but how is that tire-kicking?

You were trying to say I was gone for 5 hours, it was barley under 2 hours. It took you an hour and a half to respond to me saying I'll take it and it took me 2 hours to respond with my location. I barley took longer than you did to reply so again tire-kicking?

A lot of what you are saying is somewhat true but a little of a stretch at the same time man. I can take any fault I've made but you're painting a picture that makes me look like I wasn't sure if I wanted the amp or not and was simply wasting your time which is not even close to true.

LeftOurEyes":2poi1e0t said:
mhenson42":2poi1e0t said:
napalmdeath":2poi1e0t said:

The other guy beat me to paying you, I get it, fair enough. To what mhenson42 said, I did say I'll buy it. My exact words were I'll take it. The only reason I didn't ask for his paypal is we would have to discuss shipping cost. I waited 40 minutes and hadn't heard anything back from him yet so I went grocery shopping. When I got back I saw his reply which was asking where my location was and no mention of another buyer. I replied in just under 2 hours, just the time it took me to get groceries. OK the other guy beat me, but 2 hours is tire kicking?

And how does me being more interested in the amp after it drops $300 make me remotely a "tire-kicker" or anything else for that matter? Anyone would be more interested in an amp that drops in price. And when I first asked about it 3 weeks ago I was very clear that I might be interested but wasn't sure, this time I flat out said I'll take it. Again the other guy beat me, but how is that tire-kicking?

You were trying to say I was gone for 5 hours, it was barley under 2 hours. It took you an hour and a half to respond to me saying I'll take it and it took me 2 hours to respond with my location. I barley took longer than you did to reply so again tire-kicking?

A lot of what you are saying is somewhat true but a little of a stretch at the same time man. I can take any fault I've made but you're painting a picture that makes me look like I wasn't sure if I wanted the amp or not and was simply wasting your time which is not even close to true.

Splatter has one in the Classifieds, and has for some time. Buy it!

Look, there was nothing shady, and calling me dishonest, shady, a jerk, an asshole, and a liar was way out of line on your part. I sincerely apologize you didn't get the amp. But, in no way, shape or form, was it malicious or intentional. The squeaky wheel got the grease on this one. Plain and simple.

/\ yep, keep in mind you are buying an amp off someone on an online forum. No guarantees until a transaction is made. If it didn't work out, oh well. Wait for the next one. I've found that most regular sellers here are total class acts, but when you call them a jerk don't expect them to mail you a cupcake in return. :LOL: :LOL:

napalmdeath":pknua5xb said:
Splatter has one in the Classifieds, and has for some time. Buy it!

Look, there was nothing shady, and calling me dishonest, shady, a jerk, an asshole, and a liar was way out of line on your part. I sincerely apologize you didn't get the amp. But, in no way, shape or form, was it malicious or intentional. The squeaky wheel got the grease on this one. Plain and simple.

I appreciate the apology and I do apologize for my attitude as well. I do not think the things I said was out of line like you keep saying though, I was simply responding to the insults you were throwing at me at that point. The only thing I said at first was something to the effect of "lol wow what a jerk, I guess you saved me from doing business with someone shady." I do appologize if that seemed harsh but from my perspective that seemed true when I said it. All that other stuff I said was AFTER you started cussing at me, the first thing you said was go fuck, and then got worse from there in your next message while all I had still said at that point was shady. If you go back and read the messages you'll see how much harsher you were than me first, my insults came as a response to yours. Maybe I shouldn't have said shady at all, but from my perspective at least it did seem true.

When I said you were being shady I didn't mean like your going to take my money and run or anything. What I was saying is I told you I'd take it, you responded back asking my location and not mentioning anything about another buyer. Then when I respond thinking that we already have a deal and will work out the details you tell me it's already sold. From my perspective that did seem shady. I admit to insulting you first but shady did seem valid to me and not that harsh of an insult if true. All the things you started calling me after I gave a criticism was MUCH harsher and I feel that is what was "out of line" if anything.

I do appreciate you finally talking to me like a person though, and yes thank you I know about Splatters. It might be a stupid reason but I don't like the looks of most Quick Rod head shells which is why I wanted yours.

Just an FYI Splawn will make you the headshell exactly @LeftOurEyes - splawn will make you a shell exactly how you want it for a fair price. If you sell the original you won't be down much, and there are dozens of combinations and you could get it perfectly tailored to you.

Back