Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Oct 15, 2019 2:29am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 8:24pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
I don't like prefixing a disclaimer so that my opinions don't offend hypersensitive fanbois, but since I love Friedman products and hold Dave Friedman in high regards, I don't mind saying so. Now that my love for Friedman amps and respect for Dave Friedman is clear, let me ask a question that I think many people have pondered: Was the BE-100 really necessary?

The new features are great. It looks kind of cool. I concede to all of that. However, it wasn't too long ago when the 4 switch BE-100 hit the market which, in my opinion, was about as good as an amp could get. The BE-100 is a smokin hot amp as-is. It was really cool that a 50w BE-50 came out, but since the price wasn't much more accessible than the BE-100, I quickly lost interest. I have played the BE-50 and think it's great, but it doesn't make me think any less of the BE-100. In fact, I actually like the 4 switch BE-100 more.

Then the other day I saw a BE-100 Deluxe at Guitar Center and tried it out. Indeed, it was very cool and I loved how Dave designed the new features. However, priced $100 more, it just wasn't impressive enough to move my sentiments towards one, or away from my BE-100. For guys who want better control of the low end and the added versatility of the new knobs, I could see the usefulness or perhaps necessity. For average guitarists, it just seems like a shift away from the BE-100 and toward a newer, pricier model.

This is by no means a criticism, and I do not intend to project negativity in any way. It's just that in my opinion, I was thoroughly satisfied with the changes Dave had made on the 4 switch version and would hate to see that model get retired. I also like the cosmetics of the BE-100 more than the Deluxe a little more to be honest. If you have a reasonable and informed opinion, however, I'd like to know your thoughts on this subject.

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 8:48pm 
Rock God

The real question is, is this thread even necessary? :rawk:

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 9:09pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Quote:
Was the BE-100 Deluxe Even Necessary?

Um....yeah....I think so....the Smallbox Plexi channel is easily worth the $100.

I own a BE100 and a Small box.
The Small box Plexi channel is F'n incredible :rock:
Having it all in one amp is :thumbsup:
It's like Dave's greatest hits :lol: :LOL:

EVH 5150III 100watt (with some "Stealth" mods)
Friedman BE100
Friedman Smallbox
Fryette / VHT Deliverance 120
Jet City JCA22H ( with SLO mod )
Marshal 18watt TMB / Plexi clone
Marshall 1987xl (modded with my take on a Cali / CCV )
Mesa Triple Rec ( rev G )
Orange Rocker 30
Peters Vega-FSM
Vox AC30HW
Wizard MCII

A couple Les Pauls, an SG etc...

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 9:19pm 
Just a Peasant

I don’t know man, the more the merrier. I was just asking the boys last night when the BE-100 Super Deluxe was coming out.

MistaGuitah wrote:
This is by no means a criticism, and I do not intend to project negativity in any way.

It’s definitely a criticism. Just own it.

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 9:43pm 
Rock God

Credit Dave for coming out with newer and more flexible models in his amp line.

That said...
I have heard some rumblings from guys that bought the earlier versions from just 1-2 yrs back that aren't too happy about all the changes, that they feel kinda cheated that if they want the new features, it won't be cheap to update. Also it's harder for them to sell theirs in the event they want to 'trade up'.

But that's no different than someone buying a Corvette last yr, and this yrs version has way more power and features than the one you bought last year. Just the way it goes.

Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDE 3000
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
Peavey Butcher Cab w/K85s
2009 Charvel USA Candy Plum SoCal
1984 Charvel San Dimas
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 10:51pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Bob Savage wrote:
I don’t know man, the more the merrier. I was just asking the boys last night when the BE-100 Super Deluxe was coming out.

MistaGuitah wrote:
This is by no means a criticism, and I do not intend to project negativity in any way.

BE-100 Super Deluxe Turbo Championship Edition: HD Remix

E-II V-II, LTD DV8-R, LTD Snakebyte, ESP Mirage Deluxe

https://hellevate.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 21, 2019 10:56pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Bob Savage wrote:

MistaGuitah wrote:

Dude, aloof...and above it all.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 1:28am 
Apprentice NOOB

I think having the plexi channel was enough to warrant making a Deluxe, personally. The extras are gravy, and the whole thing warrants $100 upcharge easily IMO. I’d not soend much time with them, I’m prone to “option paralysis” but it’s great to have that kind of fine tuning ability for those who like to fiddle around.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 2:11am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Dave makes what people want to buy. They wanted separate gain an master for the hbe, plus all the bells and whistles. I find this amp is getting to the extacy roadking territory, too many switches options knobs. Never the less I’m still a fanboy :)

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 5:04am 
Supah Stah

Racerxrated wrote:
Credit Dave for coming out with newer and more flexible models in his amp line.

That said...
I have heard some rumblings from guys that bought the earlier versions from just 1-2 yrs back that aren't too happy about all the changes, that they feel kinda cheated that if they want the new features, it won't be cheap to update. Also it's harder for them to sell theirs in the event they want to 'trade up'.

But that's no different than someone buying a Corvette last yr, and this yrs version has way more power and features than the one you bought last year. Just the way it goes.

That’s exactly the reason to make the Deluxe and the inevitable Super Deluxe and the next iteration after that. Dave makes money selling new amps. Why would someone buy a new one, if the same thing is available used at a much cheaper price.

Cabs: Wizard x 3 - Fryette x 3

Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 6:12am 
Apprentice NOOB

I would think Dave can do whatever he wants to. You don't have to buy it.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 6:21am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

You should start a successful amp company and not make that amp. Really show everyone how smart you are.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 6:42am 
Rock God

Knowing amps it's always been my experience that adding channels and some features alters the tone. There's always been a give and take when going to channel switchers. Does the Deluxe really maintain the tone from the earlier or smallbox?
Yes, Kudos to Dave. Building amps is not an easy business to succeed in. Everyone forgets Rob behind the scenes. I do believe without Ro, Dave would not be here and vice versa.

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 7:22am 
Rock God

glip22 wrote:
Knowing amps it's always been my experience that adding channels and some features alters the tone. There's always been a give and take when going to channel switchers. Does the Deluxe really maintain the tone from the earlier or smallbox?
Yes, Kudos to Dave. Building amps is not an easy business to succeed in. Everyone forgets Rob behind the scenes. I do believe without Ro, Dave would not be here and vice versa.

True.

Even effects loops, with 'bypass' switches alter the tone slightly for the worse. Metro loop, put into an 87 2204 yrs back altered the tone even in the bypassed position. Minor, but noticeable.

Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDE 3000
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
1984 Charvel San Dimas
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 9:39am 
Supah Stah

You vicious bastard!! Dave is God and you will bow to his tonal prowess or you will be sacrificed by us Friedman fanbois and forced to play in a Nickelback tribute band!!!!

:D :D :D

Just kidding. :) I can see your side but I do really dig those extra features in there. Years ago when I had a Friedman modded Marshall, I loved being able to flick on the "Sat" or other features. Kept my ADD at bay. LOL!

My JJ Jr. is enough for me and lets me be a cheap bastard but have sweet tonez. I'd be lying though if I said I wouldn't absolutely love having a BE-100 Deluxe full stack.

I've said it before here on the forum but the thing I love about Dave is that he keeps pushing the envelope. He could sit and say "that has enough features" but he listens to players. I just want him to keep doing his thing. Actually I would love more cheaper models so you have a good mix of affordability.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 10:18am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Can you show us on the doll where the release of the BE100DLX hurt you?

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 11:39am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Racerxrated wrote:
glip22 wrote:

True.

Even effects loops, with 'bypass' switches alter the tone slightly for the worse. Metro loop, put into an 87 2204 yrs back altered the tone even in the bypassed position. Minor, but noticeable.

OT but i noticed you have an Ibanez Destroyer in you sig. Do you have pictures of it? I d like to see it. I love those old Destroyers.

Thanks man.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 11:53am 

I can relate to this but non amp.
When pentium computers first came out. $2500 or so.
Next year newer more powerful one was released.
The $2500 dropped to 2k.
I was in the market. Watched. Waited. Saw the trend.
Three years later I just said FUCK IT! Bought the hottest one available.
Only to have it replaced the next year by a better one. :D
True story. :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 12:52pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

mhenson42 wrote:
Racerxrated wrote:
That’s exactly the reason to make the Deluxe and the inevitable Super Deluxe and the next iteration after that. Dave makes money selling new amps. Why would someone buy a new one, if the same thing is available used at a much cheaper price.

That is Scott Splawns issue.

Rivera K100, K-TRE. Musicman 100RD.
Mesa:, mkIV, Tremoverb, Nomad 100 GEQ,
Subway Blues, .22 GEQ.
Fender: 72 Bassman, 70 Twin Reverb, 67 Bandmaster.
BUILDS: 5F1, 1978X 18 Watt. Modded VJR'S
BUILDS IN PROCESS: AA165, JTM45.

The keepers:
Ibanez Prestige x 5
USA/MIJ Jacksons x 6
Gibsons LP x 3, SG
USA/MIJ Charvel x 4
USA Fender x 4 MIK x 2 MIM x 2
Hofner Semihollows x 3
ESP Eclipse

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 5:22pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I was just about to mention Splawn as well. If you don't come up with new models then you are competing with the used market along with every other company. Which in my opinion is happening with Splawn amps.

Ceres, HX Stomp
Solar and LTD Guitars.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 6:34pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

ClintN667 wrote:
I was just about to mention Splawn as well. If you don't come up with new models then you are competing with the used market along with every other company. Which in my opinion is happening with Splawn amps.

Exactly.

Subway Blues, .22 GEQ.

The keepers:
Ibanez Prestige x 5
USA/MIJ Jacksons x 6
Gibsons LP x 3, SG
USA/MIJ Charvel x 4
Hofner Semihollows x 3
ESP Eclipse

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 6:56pm 
Apprentice NOOB

The BEDLX concept is very nice, but it's way too busy. In the 3 to 4 days that I trialed the BE100-DLX I couldn't "make" it work for me. For me its a "passive" guitar amp overall even with the extraneous switching. Realistically, outside of a studio setting, in a live venue no one is going to notice. In rare instances (unlike Aristotle), the whole is less than the sum of its parts. Some of us traditionalists may say "less is more". Got to get it to talk before it can really bark.

Maybe check your diary if you'd like a refresher from when the all mighty MB RK blasted onto the scene. To some extent makes my Diezel seem bourgeoisie.

https://tonymckenzie.com/road_king_ii.htm

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 7:52pm 
Supah Stah

Giga.Blast wrote:
The BEDLX concept is very nice, but it's way too busy. In the 3 to 4 days that I trialed the BE100-DLX I couldn't "make" it work for me. For me its a "passive" guitar amp overall even with the extraneous switching.

Can you elaborate a bit more? I'm probably reading your post wrong but sounds like in your opinion all of the extra options are actually taking away from the core tone. Like I said, I might be reading that wrong though. From your post seemed like you would be fine with just the basic BE-100.

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 9:46pm 
The Monster of Tone

Bob Savage wrote:

MistaGuitah wrote:

Fuck you Bob. You are knowledgeable but you’ve been a cunt since The harmony central days. You aren’t cool. Shove your sarcastic remarks straight up your ass right along side your over priced pedal boards. He wasn’t being critical, just perplexed. Now go search my posts and melt your Forest Gump brain trying to compose a comeback. Or if this was too strong, act like you never revisited this thread.

GUITARS:
Ken Lawrence Explorer w/Ziricote top & ebony fingerboard
ESP Custom Explorer

PostPosted: Sun, Sep 22, 2019 10:51pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I think its great. I never would have gotten my regular BE100 for the price I did if it weren't for the deluxe getting released. Im one happy camper. In fact I got mine for such a good price I had Dave do some awesome mods to it and Im still under what a Deluxe would have costed me.

ENGL SAVAGE 120 KT88
EVH 5150 III COMBO
BOSS KATANA MINI

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23, 2019 8:31am 
Just a Peasant

Tone Monster wrote:

Fuck you Bob. You are knowledgeable but you’ve been a cunt since The harmony central days. You aren’t cool. Shove your sarcastic remarks straight up your ass right along side your over priced pedal boards. He wasn’t being critical, just perplexed. Now go search my posts and melt your Forest Gump brain trying to compose a comeback. Or if this was too strong, act like you never revisited this thread.

Hopefully you keep a gross of tissues handy for emotional melt downs but at least you didn’t explain why you really aren’t being critical or negative.

Well done.

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23, 2019 11:17am 
Rock God

I personally LOVE my 2018 BE-100. I thought about holding out for the Deluxe but after having played it, the regular 100 is still "my sound" and I have no sour grapes about the Deluxe coming out. I find myself GAS'ing for another DS40 honestly. Sold mine to fund the BE and miss it every day.

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23, 2019 12:47pm 
Journeyman NOOB

Is the deluxe version any closer to an original marshall soundwise? Or does it still have that more tamed and polished friedman sound going on?

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 23, 2019 1:12pm 
Journeyman NOOB

I would love to try one but I cant find anywhere and don't know anyone in Austin that has one.. Anyone have one round these parts? GC told me it was an online order online or there was maybe one in Dallas... Not even Houston.. I was there and called around as well..

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 11:16am 
Rock God

The answer to the OP is:

Yes, The BE-100 Deluxe was very necessary. End of thread :lol: :LOL:

gbsmusic,Ignoramus,RipleyRipley,WizardOzz,Spaceboy,Tonmazz,Sjk,warhead78,
fuzzyguitars,bwgintegra,Bluplirstand,londaxe,* velcro-fly *Parap14 and at least 25 more

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 11:49am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

nzsteve wrote:
I would love to try one but I cant find anywhere and don't know anyone in Austin that has one.. Anyone have one round these parts? GC told me it was an online order online or there was maybe one in Dallas... Not even Houston.. I was there and called around as well..

Don't trust GC's inventory. Wasted many hours over time to check something out and it wasn't there. Now I call directly and ask. Not to ask if they have it, i don't get off until a GC guy confirms physical inventory in his eyes or hands.

Subway Blues, .22 GEQ.

The keepers:
Ibanez Prestige x 5
USA/MIJ Jacksons x 6
Gibsons LP x 3, SG
USA/MIJ Charvel x 4
Hofner Semihollows x 3
ESP Eclipse

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 12:46pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

ClintN667 wrote:

Scott has told me this directly. He said he's having a hard time competing with the used market and it's killing his sales.

New models keep interest up. I've talked to people who think that Splawn went under because they got real big and then the hype died, probably because he's been riding on the 2 main designs since the beginning, with small updates to each as he goes.

Super nice guy, and I know he has no desire to turn his operation into a Friedman style mass production, but he may end up putting himself out of business if he doesn't design and market some newer models.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 1:18pm 
Rock God

Bad.Seed wrote:
ClintN667 wrote:

Scott has told me this directly. He said he's having a hard time competing with the used market and it's killing his sales.

New models keep interest up. I've talked to people who think that Splawn went under because they got real big and then the hype died, probably because he's been riding on the 2 main designs since the beginning, with small updates to each as he goes.

Super nice guy, and I know he has no desire to turn his operation into a Friedman style mass production, but he may end up putting himself out of business if he doesn't design and market some newer models.

Yeah Scott is cool as hell and makes a mean amp but you can get a minty Quick Rod and Nitro all day for about $1000. New is a tough sell. I'd love to see some preamp pedals, rack pre or new new 3 channels with Clean/QR/Nitro channels. Hell, why not???

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 1:54pm 
Journeyman NOOB

swamptrashstompboxes wrote:
nzsteve wrote:

Don't trust GC's inventory. Wasted many hours over time to check something out and it wasn't there. Now I call directly and ask. Not to ask if they have it, i don't get off until a GC guy confirms physical inventory in his eyes or hands.

Thx... yep thats what Im saying.. I called locally and when I was in Houston... was unable to find one to go and try... Im feeling like its got the things I wanted in it.. Does it have a boost setting for leads? I wanted something that could do different voicing.. with a great loop.. seems like this would be it..

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 2:28pm 
Plank Cranker

I have had most versions of Dave's amps, including an early Marsha, the BE 100 Deluxe is my fav so far, really killer, the plexi channel is awesome (keep in mind MANY $2K amps out there do only this).

So short answer, for me, yes,

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 3:54pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

JerEvil wrote:
Bad.Seed wrote:
ClintN667 wrote:

Yeah Scott is cool as hell and makes a mean amp but you can get a minty Quick Rod and Nitro all day for about $1000. New is a tough sell. I'd love to see some preamp pedals, rack pre or new new 3 channels with Clean/QR/Nitro channels. Hell, why not???

My thoughts exactly. If he put out some newer models every couple of years to rejuvinate his line, I bet his brand would stay more relevant. He'd have more of my money, no doubt.
Dave is smart with his release tactics, and he also listens to what his customers want, and then implements it. Basically the opposite of Gibson, which is probably one huge reason why he's as successful as he is.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 4:22pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Bad.Seed wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Bad.Seed wrote:
ClintN667 wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If he put out some newer models every couple of years to rejuvinate his line, I bet his brand would stay more relevant. He'd have more of my money, no doubt.
Dave is smart with his release tactics, and he also listens to what his customers want, and then implements it. Basically the opposite of Gibson, which is probably one huge reason why he's as successful as he is.

Maybe Scott should start modding again as well if he doesnt want to bother with creating new models. I've heard some demos of some of his mods that were actually damn good although I havent had one myself. He could take the Quick Rod and Nitro and change a few things here and there then bam a new model. The Friedman stuff to me seems like a root device(BE-100) with the other models being different variations or offshoots of that model which have enough difference to justify owning more than one. It seems like it wouldnt be terribly hard to tweak the QR/Nitro circuit and add features or change the voicing a bit to spark interest. I would love some rack stuff or pedals as well.

At anyrate to stay relevant you need to have some buzz going which is what Friedman definitely understands. Dave gets out there with artists,youtubers, etc and brings something new like the BE-100DLX. You cant keep a business going without making new products at least where music gear/electronics are concerned. You also have to do some sort of promoting your brand instead instead of sitting in Dallas scratching your head why amps arent moving as much as they were. Something as simple as putting an amp in a couple youtube channels could do wonders.

Ceres, HX Stomp
Solar and LTD Guitars.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 4:53pm 
Apprentice NOOB

There is only so many ways you can twist a tube amp. A bass player in my band in 92 said all those amps you keep bringing to practice sound the same. LOL

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 6:10pm 
Rock God

panhead wrote:
There is only so many ways you can twist a tube amp. A bass player in my band in 92 said all those amps you keep bringing to practice sound the same. LOL

That’s why he plays bass

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 6:31pm 
Rock God

LP Freak wrote:
panhead wrote:

That’s why he plays bass

:lol: :LOL:

Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDE 3000
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
1984 Charvel San Dimas
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 6:34pm 
Rock God

Thunkful wrote:
Is the deluxe version any closer to an original marshall soundwise? Or does it still have that more tamed and polished friedman sound going on?

Sounds like it can do open/aggressive Marshall as well as polished recorded tone Marshall. From what I've heard from guys anyway.

Lexicon PCM 80
Roland SDE 3000
79 1960A w/65s
74 1960A w/GBs
Mesa Standard V30 cab
1984 Charvel San Dimas
1985 Ibanez Destroyer

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 7:19pm 
Apprentice NOOB

LP Freak wrote:
panhead wrote:

That’s why he plays bass

Hey he also went on to make good money playing that bass.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 7:38pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

panhead wrote:

Same here man, i went through every damn high gain amp on the market and guess what??? I always sounded the same. My bandmates where always scratching there heads, how many amps are you gonna bring in here they said. Lol

Its a rig talk thing i said :lol: :LOL:

... Or even before that, a Harmony Central thing.....

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 8:24pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

7 Stringer wrote:
panhead wrote:

Same here man, i went through every damn high gain amp on the market and guess what??? I always sounded the same. My bandmates where always scratching there heads, how many amps are you gonna bring in here they said. Lol

I do think we split hairs over tone. There is some difference but we can do more noticable changes(at least to anyone who is listening to us) by dialing down the gain or tweaking the EQ of our existing amps but where is the fun in that?

Ceres, HX Stomp
Solar and LTD Guitars.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 24, 2019 9:22pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

ClintN667 wrote:
7 Stringer wrote:
panhead wrote:

I do think we split hairs over tone. There is some difference but we can do more noticable changes(at least to anyone who is listening to us) by dialing down the gain or tweaking the EQ of our existing amps but where is the fun in that?

We are splitting hairs man, like literally. The best thing i ever purchased to help my tone was an EQ pedal. World of a difference. Just ordered the new Boss EQ 200. That thing seems so damn cool. Midi controllable EQ!!!!!!! One for cleans, one for crunch, one for rythm and one for leads!!!!! Damn

Seems like a lot of fun, at a less expensive way that an amp tone chase is, like a lot.

But getting a new amp is a hard to replicate experience. When the Fedex truck backs up in your driveway and your in the window looking out there, for the past 3 hours, finally, the ecstasy has come to fruition!!!!!!!!

Ouff, that is pure bliss.

But the BE DLX seems very appealing, i would bite......

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25, 2019 12:31am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Totally op! And it looks cool... to me at least. :thumbsup: I see what you are saying and all but it's not the same. Thats almost like saying was the Butterslax necessary when there is already a JJ100 out.

First Act - Ola signature 25 string with Evertune
Monoprice- Indio Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Sunburst
Fortin modded Gorilla "Masterbuilt" GG-10 (Hand wired).

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 25, 2019 8:40am 
Plank Cranker

Manufacturers have to have innovations if they are going to stay in business. There is not an infinite market. There are specific people that are going to buy your product, whether it is a car, guitar, amp, dishwasher. For cars, they release the same model name every year with a minor tweak, so your five year old car that you love, gets a new face lift. Same thing with amps, the average player isn't playing a BE100, they can't afford it. So you are in rarified territory to begin with. Then you have the used market to compete again, if he keeps pumping out the same amp, why would I spend money on a new one, when I can get the same thing for $500 cheaper? So, they make minor tweaks, to say, this is the NEWEST and BEST.

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 26, 2019 5:27pm 
Supah Stah

7 Stringer wrote:

No way dude. In the Harmony Central days I was changing amps more than I change underwear. :D :D :D

Everyone on that forum had G.A.S. so bad that most of us should have been seeing a therapist. I remember ordering an ENGL from DerekB while he was getting a haircut. He is sitting in the barber's chair and I can hear the clippers and it is all echoing, etc. and I'm asking "which one, the Blackmore or the Fireball???!!!". :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

PostPosted: Thu, Sep 26, 2019 8:49pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

romanianreaper wrote:
7 Stringer wrote:

No way dude. In the Harmony Central days I was changing amps more than I change underwear. :D :D :D

Everyone on that forum had G.A.S. so bad that most of us should have been seeing a therapist. I remember ordering an ENGL from DerekB while he was getting a haircut. He is sitting in the barber's chair and I can hear the clippers and it is all echoing, etc. and I'm asking "which one, the Blackmore or the Fireball???!!!". :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

No shit!!!!! :lol: :LOL: that is funny....lol

Man, i ordered from Rock solid amps a lot in those days, oufff. My first order was, and i am not kidding, an ISP sub, a Framus Cobra with the matching cab, and a Framus Dragon with the matching cab!!!!!!!! Derek was like holy shit dude, your going full on man!!!!!

Man, you should of seen the Fedex guy in my driveway unloading all that shit..lol. I did not sleep for two days playing with all that stuff.

Good ol days. Only have the ISP now. That was 20 years ago. Damn time flys.