Fuck Reverb

"How much does it weigh?"

I had a nice 1987 Jackson shark inlay neck for sale but I had to take it down due to "Your price is too high" emails. Okay, I want a premium price of $900 and I'm willing to do the 60% of asking price, not $300.00. If you want a Jackson shark inlay neck and don't want to pay $600, go to eBay, they have them for +/- $100, all day, all shitty crap necks. So my neck will be put on an Explorer body and I'll enjoy it until I don't. Thanks Reverb douche-bags, I should have known better.

Reverb has become a scam enablement site. Guy bought my Marshall 6100 then before I could ship asked for a refund... “changed his mind.” eBay wouldn’t stand for that crap. So much for “your purchase is a contract...” And Reverb’s position was “well... if you haven’t shipped it, it’d be cool...” WTF?!?

racerevlon":5halnw1g said:
Reverb has become a scam enablement site. Guy bought my Marshall 6100 then before I could ship asked for a refund... “changed his mind.” eBay wouldn’t stand for that crap. So much for “your purchase is a contract...” And Reverb’s position was “well... if you haven’t shipped it, it’d be cool...” WTF?!?
I would have shipped it and said, "enjoy!"

racerevlon":16bvt3n8 said:

That has been my experience as well.

Dick Butter Nuts":38biaxq5 said:
racerevlon":38biaxq5 said:

That has been my experience as well.
So, would Ebay side with you and tell him tough shit? I haven't sold there in years, after they started holding your money for 3 weeks after a sale.

It doesn't sound like Reverb was making you refund it, we're they? I would have refused. What would they do? The buyer is the flake, not you. I would hope they'd give that buyer the boot.

Agreed with most said here... I used to love Reverb as a seller and buyer. Recently had a couple transactions that sent it south for me... Reverb has zero stance and backing for the seller.. buyer gets buyers remorse or just makes shit up.. they back buyer and you're left with a negative balance on sale. I mean, zero support to the seller... My feedback on ebay and reverb alone speak for itself.. been a professional for many, many years.. but in this day in age of 'squirrel' attention.. I will never sell a thing again on Reverb.

suhrimmetal":32lbmnrc said:
Agreed with most said here... I used to love Reverb as a seller and buyer. Recently had a couple transactions that sent it south for me... Reverb has zero stance and backing for the seller.. buyer gets buyers remorse or just makes shit up.. they back buyer and you're left with a negative balance on sale. I mean, zero support to the seller... My feedback on ebay and reverb alone speak for itself.. been a professional for many, many years.. but in this day in age of 'squirrel' attention.. I will never sell a thing again on Reverb.
Same here. I had a good thing going on Reverb, all positive transactions until some buyer tried the "old switcheroo"...he tried to return an amp that wasn't the one I sent him. He sent pics of the amp and the 'unadvertised damage' and he wanted a refund. I told Reverb that the amp he sent pics of wasn't mine, and that he was trying to pull a fast one and send me a different amp of the same model. They only responded with "please refund the buyer". Bullshit.
So I shut my Reverb account down and pulled my cards/bank info. Screw that...Reverb AND the crooked buyer can go spit.
:thumbsdown:

Racerxrated":e3mrjrn3 said:
suhrimmetal":e3mrjrn3 said:
Same here. I had a good thing going on Reverb, all positive transactions until some buyer tried the "old switcheroo"...he tried to return an amp that wasn't the one I sent him. He sent pics of the amp and the 'unadvertised damage' and he wanted a refund. I told Reverb that the amp he sent pics of wasn't mine, and that he was trying to pull a fast one and send me a different amp of the same model. They only responded with "please refund the buyer". Bullshit.
So I shut my Reverb account down and pulled my cards/bank info. Screw that...Reverb AND the crooked buyer can go spit.

So, did you refund him?

I'm sick of "watchers". I don't understand why people "watch" an item with a "make an offer" feature. Sure, some may be waiting for the funds, but most are there waiting for you to give your item away. Waste of time.

napalmdeath":wtj71j9w said:
Racerxrated":wtj71j9w said:
suhrimmetal":wtj71j9w said:

So, did you refund him?
Pretty obvious with my response, isn't it? Of course not. I'm not in the business of being ripped off. My first response after informing them that the amp the buyer pictured in msgs wasn't mine, was to "please refund the buyer." I then told them that, when I received my amp back, then we can talk about a refund. I asked for a tracking #, which I never received. I asked for one, I still got the "please refund the buyer." Lol. On Ebay, as soon as something is shown to be delivered, only then is a refund issued. These clowns are telling me to refund the buyer when I haven't received the returned amp yet...AND its the wrong amp to begin with. Nope. Not today. Shut it all down. F them.

Man,
I've not had one bad transaction on Reverb buying and selling.Your posts are concerning.

glip22":2sfm83k1 said:
Man,
I've not had one bad transaction on Reverb buying and selling.Your posts are concerning.
They're out there...I had 4 yrs of good Ebay transactions, and 2 scams. The first scam was a buyer trying to 'milk' more cash out of me saying the amp 'needed work'....funny, when I looked at the listings he had my old amp for sale at a 40% markup. Needed work my ass. I won that one. The next was a yr or so later, and the amp I was supposed to get returned to me never showed up. I shut everything down account-wise, and that was that.
Started on Reverb and no issues for 3 yrs, seemed to be a great place since it's all gear heads like the rest of us. But, there had been some posts here about the scammers finally making their way in to Reverb...then I got bit. And, they wanted me to refund the guy BEFORE I got anything returned to me, which is BS to begin with; then to point out that the pics of the amp were those of a different amp and Reverb didn't even look into it? Total BS.

Racerxrated":24f0dehq said:
glip22":24f0dehq said:
Man,
They're out there...I had 4 yrs of good Ebay transactions, and 2 scams. The first scam was a buyer trying to 'milk' more cash out of me saying the amp 'needed work'....funny, when I looked at the listings he had my old amp for sale at a 40% markup. Needed work my ass. I won that one. The next was a yr or so later, and the amp I was supposed to get returned to me never showed up. I shut everything down account-wise, and that was that.
Started on Reverb and no issues for 3 yrs, seemed to be a great place since it's all gear heads like the rest of us. But, there had been some posts here about the scammers finally making their way in to Reverb...then I got bit. And, they wanted me to refund the guy BEFORE I got anything returned to me, which is BS to begin with; then to point out that the pics of the amp were those of a different amp and Reverb didn't even look into it? Total BS.

That's pretty messed up. I've had a few B.S. purchases that were sorted out, but I've not had any sales go bad, (knock on wood). The only complaints I've really had on sales are people that don't leave feedback.

Of late, however, it's become a waste of time. Too many watchers, dreamers, and low-ballers.

Here is a story...

On Ebay I sold an ESP neck to a dude in the Netherlands, clearly stated the heal dimensions etc, mentioned what guitars it would fit on. Provided a photo of it on an ESP body. The guy clearly bought it, and realized it wouldn't fit his guitar. Obviously he was angry at himself but wanted me to pay for his mistake. So he waited 2 months (past EU consumer return policy + Ebay returns policy) so he could file it through PayPal. PayPal famously will favor the buyer so.... they did just that. He claimed it was "not as described".

So I provide the evidence to PayPal in the form of timestamped photo of the neck on the guitar as advertised. The reject my evidence and give him the refund. So I have no money or no neck. I call PayPal 4 times over the next 2 weeks asking them why the reject objective evidence, and reward buyers remorse....? Eventually I had them so backed into a corner they refunded me...... TWICE!

They incompetence is scary sometimes, PayPal going against their own policies

I think I will stay local sale only as I usually do.

Rarely do I sell on reverb. Have not been burned. Thank God.

Buying is hard to avoid though. Of the amps I am looking at, none are regularly found local. PITA

Back