Inside Jimmy Page's Marshall

It's not the amps.. It's the player..

Furthermore, JP like to use small amps in the studio. Although truthfully they kinda sounded like shit, the SONGS are what carried the production..

Funny a Zep thread pops up.
For the last month. I have a good stereo in my kitchen.
Houses of the Holy cd been in it. Play it damn near nightly when I cook.
Such great tracks. I love every song on it. :rock:

Easily my all time favorite band. I starting off playing a Les Paul because of JP and it stuck.

Never seen pics, hard to tell how many years ago the things were even opened up. All I've ever read is kt88 power tubes, and possibly Hendrix's old amps.

I don't want a word about it's the player bullshit and all that philosophical crap. I know it as well as everyone else here. I'm starting this all about the wizards amps. Not the variety of amps, this is all Marshall. Any real news/pics of his main Marshall's. Did they have laydown mains ect...what valves or mods?

Mailman1971":2f3r1w56 said:
Fuck yeah :thumbsup:

exo-metal":348boswv said:
I don't want a word about it's the player bullshit and all that philosophical crap. I know it as well as everyone else here. I'm starting this all about the wizards amps. Not the variety of amps, this is all Marshall. Any real news/pics of his main Marshall's. Did they have laydown mains ect...what valves or mods?

Oh sure, if I just woulda' pickup up that one Marshall that was made with the leftover capacitors and resistors that made it different from all the rest, I coudla' started the band Led Zeppelin..

BTW, since you're so awesome, play us your Swan Song.. Just put it out there for all to judge..

BTW, I have a jam Track out there. Maybe you could show us your solo prowess..

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=209998

49733575177_fef8576629_o.png

exo-metal":b1hz9snh said:

Man I miss the days of guitar players before the internet.
And don’t think it’s lost on me that I’m making this statement on the internet.....just sayin’

exo-metal":1b31omcs said:
Mailman1971":1b31omcs said:
Fuck yeah :thumbsup:
What’s funny this cd. I play it ‘normal’ volume.
‘Thinnishessssd’
I crank that fucker up..,it gets heavy and thick really fast. :rock:

midnightlaundry":2kd39vgy said:
exo-metal":2kd39vgy said:
You are a lame, thanks for posting.
Oh sure, if I just woulda' pickup up that one Marshall that was made with the leftover capacitors and resistors that made it different from all the rest, I coudla' started the band Led Zeppelin..

BTW, since you're so awesome, play us your Swan Song.. Just put it out there for all to judge..

exo-metal":3h5rq58y said:
midnightlaundry":3h5rq58y said:
exo-metal":3h5rq58y said:
You are a lame, thanks for posting.

I am awesome because I mastered the concept of quoting a message board post years ago, Jackass..

LOL

Ya know, this is a GEAR forum and the OP started a thread about... GEAR. Baffling why some people would have a problem with that. WTF ?

Here's a LP Forum thread that talks about Tony Frank and even has a cameo from his alleged son/daughter:
https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/show ... Tony-Frank

The idea of a simple internal jumper to bridge the channels has merit as being one of the mods. Doesn't seem like a Master Volume would suit JP since he seemed to be going for more power, volume, and clarity. At some point he went to KT88s.

paulyc":2ftjg4sn said:
Ya know, this is a GEAR forum and the OP started a thread about... GEAR. Baffling why some people would have a problem with that. WTF ?
:rock:
Exactly.

Pretty weak attempt at trolling, IMO.

On point though, looks like there's a couple Orange cabs in the pic, painted black...I saw a cab like that at a Music go Round a couple yrs back that was loaded with pre Rolas. 500. Shoulda grabbed it :doh:

A lot of his tone was the amp. I had a 1971 Marshall Super Lead and the second you played through it you knew it was Zeppelin’s Heart Breaker tone in spades. It was scary. I sold the amp a month ago after owning it 29 years.

Most my amps I’ve owned are high gain.
I feel that if I go to the high gain channel. Turn the gain WAAAAAY BACK like 1-2. Crank the volume.
I get a great Zep tone.

paulyc":2ilu0peo said:
Pretty lame, not like the old days here. Miss that but back to gear. Thanks for that close up shot! An old friend of mine has cliff burton's old orange 412 cabs. If anyone has more intrusive shots please post.

Back