What FU-TONE brass do I want for my Charvels?

skullfxr

USA 2009
MIJ 2010

Both are stock OFR's.

I figure I may as well go with the L version

Is there any reason to go different than stock depth?

I recently upgraded my Floyd axe with FU products and am very pleased with the results.
I did everything except the block since the guitar is already so deep and thick sounding.
The brass saddle inserts added some nice upper mids and more dynamics.
Adam from FU answered all my questions and was great to deal with

Never felt any difference between the FU brass and The Floyd Rose branded fat brass. I do like the FU brass claw though

thegame":2h5wljx8 said:
I recently upgraded my Floyd axe with FU products and am very pleased with the results.
I did everything except the block since the guitar is already so deep and thick sounding.
:thumbsup:

I think the blocks are great but sometimes you can overdo it if the guitar is already resonant enough. I put one in my 09 Charvel and it was just too much. Put the stock one back in. I had an 87 Jackson strat that was slightly thin sounding; the L Brass block worked wonders for it.

Racerxrated":2w1rp1pd said:
thegame":2w1rp1pd said:

I think the blocks are great but sometimes you can overdo it if the guitar is already resonant enough. I put one in my 09 Charvel and it was just too much. Put the stock one back in. I had an 87 Jackson strat that was slightly thin sounding; the L Brass block worked wonders for it.

I also had one in a 2010 Socal, and took it out because it almost made the guitar woofy compared to a stock block.

SoooRad":qg3bjcos said:
Racerxrated":qg3bjcos said:
thegame":qg3bjcos said:

I also had one in a 2010 Socal, and took it out because it almost made the guitar woofy compared to a stock block.

In all honesty. I had one in my esp kamikazie. Took it out. Was ‘too much’
But my other 4 guitars it adds greatness. :rock:

I recently put a FR brass block in my white nitro. Seems some of the extreme high end was removed and a little more focused bottom end was added.

I just picked up a whole kit for my Prestige from Killer Guitar Components. I will report back once installed.

Depends on the guitar. Some sound better with stock. Some better with a bigger block. You just have to try it.

In any case, I’ve found going any larger than the Floyd Rose branded big block is unnecessary. And they can be had for $25 or so. The bigger and more expensive versions are a waste in my opinion.

I personally use hookey on eBay. I’ve used both companies for their parts before but now only use hookey. His brass is better quality

I ordered two brass blocks for an OFR. I figure one or two will go in my Charvels, and if not I will throw one in my USA Soloist.

I got one for my strat too

Back