Make Friends and Impress your Neighbors - Buy a Slave!

Markedman

ELX18P by John Bazzano, on Flickr

Go low.

I picked this sub woofer up to use with my P.A. for next to nothing. I went into the music shop to buy a drum head and new snares when the salesman, who I know well, told me to buy this powered sub, or else. Sometimes you don't realize that you need something but someone else knows you need this thing. It was $270.00 out the door! This sub is, wowzer, what can I say but, I needed this. I used my "slave" out on my amp to see how it would sound. Holy shit, talk about headroom, you could play a stadium with a PRS MT15 and this sub and it would sound full. Sitting on my patio with the volume on .00001, it sounded super rich.

I have a 6 string guitar laying around that I can tune up like a 7 string, skipping the high E to play Nu-metal. I saw the guy from Sevendust set his guitar up that way. I can play some Korn too.

mystixboi":2ovrrqpt said:
Nice. But title of thread could be Considered slightly off putting

In certain circles, the term "Sub" and "Slave" are interchangeable. I'm sure that is what he is referencing when he talks about buying a new black thing for the bedroom rig. I mean, it's not for me, but to each their own.

In a band setting, it's often completely unnecessary. If you have a bass player and a drummer, they will handle the low end for you. Dialing a rig in to sound good in a mix is completely different than dialing a rig in to sound good at home. My suggestion is to keep it in the bedroom though. If you drag that out to a gig, most sound engineers will look at you like you have a dude in a gimp suit chained to your amp. Master doesn't want that kind of attention, does he?

mystixboi":wkjko6fl said:

In the old days, this is what used to be called "a joke" and not to be taken seriously. Woke culture doesn't see anything thing funny, especially if it is ironic, and specifically if it applies to the current events. I feel bad for folks that melt so quickly and easily because they can't take a joke, get over it already.

Will we "blacklist" "Master of Puppets"?

"Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me." I heard something like that when I was a kid. It is good advice IMO.

Markedman":1vcmp57k said:
mystixboi":1vcmp57k said:

In the old days, this is what used to be called "a joke" and not to be taken seriously. Woke culture doesn't see anything thing funny, especially if it is ironic, and specifically if it applies to the current events. I feel bad for folks that melt so quickly and easily because they can't take a joke, get over it already.

"Sticks and stones can break my bones but names will never hurt me." I heard something like that when I was a kid. It is good advice IMO.

Please... the normalization of using slavery jokes needs to go away. it's straight up offensive. for people to say that they "can't make a joke anymore"... that's bullshit. don't be a dick. slavery isn't funny. end of story

mystixboi":3i8egmrc said:
Please... the normalization of using slavery jokes needs to go away. it's straight up offensive. for people to say that they "can't make a joke anymore"... that's bullshit. don't be a dick. slavery isn't funny. end of story

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Wizard of Ozz":3otnd01o said:
mystixboi":3otnd01o said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

yeah... ignorance and stupidity set me off. it is what it is.

mystixboi":1240f7f0 said:
Markedman":1240f7f0 said:
mystixboi":1240f7f0 said:

So Eddie Van Halen didn't use slave power amps, he used "helper amps". Got it bro.

sutepaj":26ewmddl said:
mystixboi":26ewmddl said:
Markedman":26ewmddl said:
mystixboi":26ewmddl said:

So Eddie Van Halen didn't use slave power amps, he used "helper amps". Got it bro.

with all due respect, i don't think you understand the point I'm making. I know what slaving an amp means.

it's the context of how the title of the thread that i said people would find off putting.

my dude, this board is filled with middle-aged and older right wing white guys that are well above the working class income line. you in the wrong place to even bother pointing out something not worth picking a fight about. these snowflakes will just post memes, overreact and scream 'it's only a joke' anytime someone gets called out for something trivial and easy to correct.

Spaceboy":cv63rldj said:
my dude, this board is filled with middle-aged and older right wing white guys that are well above the working class income line. you in the wrong place to even bother pointing out something not worth picking a fight about. these snowflakes will just post memes, overreact and scream 'it's only a joke' anytime someone gets called out for something trivial and easy to correct.

Someone else wanna field this one?

Edit: You know what, I'm not even going to get into it with these easily offended morons. They will just be offended by anything anyway, so why even try?

sutepaj":2j5r7egl said:
Edit: You know what, I'm not even going to get into it with these easily offended morons. They will just be offended by anything anyway, so why even try?
Agree. Probably for the best. Don't want a Mod to have to step in or the next thing you know we'll be feeling the sting of Mailman's cat of nine tails..... :D

you mean a guy in a faceless leather mask, and assless chaps, who turns my knobs for me?
kinky :LOL: :LOL:

bdsm people are gunna have to change the name from "slave" to "consenting adult, acting in a submissive manner."

Wizard of Ozz":2y45yl18 said:
mystixboi":2y45yl18 said:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
Haha now we have a triggered slave.

Never bought a Slave . I did buy a Jim. Heavily abused. Scratch and dent sale. Got a free toaster in the deal. Think $25
He posts here once in a while under Metalupass2.
Wasn’t bad. But might wanna check Out the new sub.

Back