Finishing New Circuit For High Gain Marshall Hopkins EVL-50

NewReligion

Modded Marshall High Gain, Hopkins EVL-50.

(E)volved (V)alve (L)ogic EVL...♫

All Tube with Metropoulos Zero Loss Effects Loop.

David...♫

shadow":31efnt5d said:
Wow, that's a shit ton of gain, how many stages? Did you add another 12ax7?

Thank you for the great words and the interest.

No additional preamp tubes. Use of the cathode follower for fourth stage of gain.

The tone stack is stock Marshall 1959. A lot of thought went into the circuit and the way the preamp tubes are biased with voltage dividers, coupling caps and most importantly lead dress which implements a lot of point-to-point work in order to avoid coplanar capacitance issues and microphonics.

After reading through everything I can get my hands on and studying under my mentor Terry Shaffer I embarked on this undertaking hence the name (evolved valve logic) EVL which is all logic regardless of electronics or computer-based. Logic is from left to right, top to bottom, all black or white with no gray area. It is absolute theoretically.

Again thank you for the kind words and your interest and most of all for posting after listening to the demonstration. I have plans to make more professional recordings of my product line. These demos are done by iPhone for customer Okay as this keeps it real.

When using a SM57 on the cabinet I’ve produced enough albums I’m pretty sure that in blind test most couldn’t tell the difference between a B-52 AT 100 or Splawn Quickrod after I’ve finished with production. It’s important for me to keep it real. Another thing is that customer service is only second to great tone.

Just my opinion and the way I choose to demonstrate.

David :rock:

Marshalll":358aroc8 said:
Great sound :rock:

Thank you Marshalll

Coming from a guy that has a Jason Becker avatar I am very humbled. Thank you again for your interest & taking time to listen and posting feedback.

David Hopkins

Back