NGD : '20 Gibson LP Classic

napalmdeath

So, the honeymoon went quick on the PRS Stripped '58. It was stunningly beautiful, pickups screamed, but it just didn't wow me, much like the SC245 I bought new 3 years ago. Beautiful guitars, nicely built, high quality instruments, but uninspiring, (for me, anyway). So, I decided I needed another LP.

Enter the '20 LP Classic. Picked it up used, (guy had it a month). He bought it B-stock, it had some dings and a few scratches from a return.
Most importantly, it plays phenomenal. This is quite easily one of the best playing, best built LP's I've ever had my hands on. No QC issues here... The Graphtech nut is perfectly cut, the Plek and low frets get the action ridiculously low, buzz free. I've done a few upgrades, including bridge, tailpiece, and locking tuners, and a full set-up. Amazing guitar. I'm blown away, every time I pick it up. It resonates like no other. Sustain for days.. I've got the intonation lazer sharp, and it absolutely won't go out of tune. It's a good one, no doubt...

index.php

congrats !
I had 3 2017-2019 Classics and they are best value/money LPs You can buy today. For little above 1k used You get “true” Les Paul sound and feel. Comparable with any 90’s, 00’s guitars.

Dude, those new Classics (and definitely the Standards as well) kick so much ass. I was blown away by the new Classics. Nice and solid. My Standard kicks butt as well.

napalmdeath":yk4jr25y said:
Metlupass2":yk4jr25y said:
Always have a soft spot for a nice ebony LP like that.

Me too. Had an ebony LP Classic I bought new in '05. Something sexy about the black/creme.

Exactly. Are these weight relieved or chambered?

Metlupass2":2aclpa9i said:
napalmdeath":2aclpa9i said:
Metlupass2":2aclpa9i said:

Me too. Had an ebony LP Classic I bought new in '05. Something sexy about the black/creme.

Exactly. Are these weight relieved or chambered?

They are weight relieved. But this one's well over 9lbs, pushing 10.

Sick man, my number one is a 2020 lp classic lite with super d’s. I’m after the proprietary 2020 Japan “deluxe lite” models waiting patiently for a deal.

Very cool. What pickups come in them now? Never seen a classic with zebras, so not sure if they changed out from the 500t and 496 or if they did them in zebra.

Metlupass2":1o2p5b8k said:
:rock:

Yep. SS guy but it's nice to have an LP or LP clone around. 84 Greco Sykes presently.

That's a sweet LP. Congrats.

Racerxrated":3487x1cw said:
Metlupass2":3487x1cw said:
:rock:

Yep. SS guy but it's nice to have an LP or LP clone around. 84 Greco Sykes presently.

That's a sweet LP. Congrats.

You bastard. You can't jump in here with a comment like that and not expect me to send you $500 to take it off your hands.....

LOL :D

Back