Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Nov 12, 2019 4:28am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cryptopsy gear?
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14, 2007 4:14pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

Are you human?: 951
anyone know what amp/pedal setups the guys from cryptopsy use?? i know its not the pure guitar tone evryone is looking for, but for over the top stuff. awsome. :thumbsup:

p.s. pickups?

great transactions w: neeklaus, type_o_neg, RockStarNick, sswanson, ///MK, DoomBuggi, Retrojet, Bwill81, AmpliFIRE, Mizati20, Bubbastain, colimofsmoke, crankyrayhanky, UberschallEL34 RKnight, the rossness, battery198 alowerdeep, Tronald Dump. SomedudeinTX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14, 2007 4:35pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

When I saw them live they were usually using Mesa Boogie Rectifiers. One guy was using a Dean Dimebag guitar with EMGs in it, if I remember correctly, the other one was using a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. Next time, strat guy had quit the band, Dimebag guy was still there, same rig, they had a guy with a Red Jackson Warrior. Time after that Dimebag guy again, same rig, second guitarist was using an RR3 with EMG in the bridge, Peavey Classic 120 power amp, Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre.. I think they're using Madison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14, 2007 7:13pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

:|:[url=www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149254#149254]:QBB:[/url]
Inearthed wrote:
When I saw them live they were usually using Mesa Boogie Rectifiers. One guy was using a Dean Dimebag guitar with EMGs in it, if I remember correctly, the other one was using a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. Next time, strat guy had quit the band, Dimebag guy was still there, same rig, they had a guy with a Red Jackson Warrior. Time after that Dimebag guy again, same rig, second guitarist was using an RR3 with EMG in the bridge, Peavey Classic 120 power amp, Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre.. I think they're using Madison

i haven't seen them for a few years, and all the clips i've seen, looks like they were using boogies. but they sound boosted, so iwas wondering.

great transactions w: neeklaus, type_o_neg, RockStarNick, sswanson, ///MK, DoomBuggi, Retrojet, Bwill81, AmpliFIRE, Mizati20, Bubbastain, colimofsmoke, crankyrayhanky, UberschallEL34 RKnight, the rossness, battery198 alowerdeep, Tronald Dump. SomedudeinTX.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed, Mar 14, 2007 7:34pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Right now they are using a dual recto into a vader cab (sometimes one oversized recto), the other guitar player is using a 5150 into a vader cab, Kris (5150) is also using a line 6 pod rack mount for effects.

XBOX gamertag = dude hammer 666

Jacksons, 5150's, and G-Flex's oh my!

Good transactions with: Vultures, Magh8, Deadlikedeath, Strungup, Flying_High