Free G-Major Patch Editor software - Windows/Mac/Linux

GLydian

Hi,
I have developed a software to edit patches for T.C. Electronics' G-Major guitar processor, titled GLydian . For downloads and screenshots, see down below or click this thread.

Some features of the GLydian are:

• [*]It is Java based so you can run it on Windows, Apple Macs, Linux or any other OS which has Java available on it.

[*]This is a very user friendly piece of software which has VST plug-in, like interface with Dials, LEDs and such. So it is very intuitive to use.

[*]You can edit a currently loaded patch in G-Major through your computer in real-time. That way you can hear how the sound changes while you are tuning UI's Dial.

[*]You can maintain a library of patches in your computer and copy & past individual effects across patches.
If you have a G-Major, download this software and please, give us some feedback. Also, there are two other free editors available in the Yahoo group.

I am still looking for some new ideas to improve the features of GLydian, so you can suggest any new features you would like to have.
I want people to use it and give some feedback on performance so that I can improve it.

To download see the download Icons below. Please download the latest version. Old/Beta versions are here only for reference.

Still we don't have a proper documentation/user manual, but there are lots of user questions and answers are available in this forum. To start look in this thread. Please don't hesitate to give your feedback or report any usability issues.

NOTE: Default Java installation on Mac OS X does not support external MIDI communication . There is a shareware product called "Mandolane MIDI SPI" which enables the external MIDI communication with java on Mac OS X. Download the package from: www.mandolane.co.uk/dlMandoMidi.html This is verified to work with GLydian, please see this thread for further information.
Thank you spakuloid for testing this issue.

You can get Java obviously from http://www.java.com
Thanks,
GLydian

Attachments

• GLydian_Ver1.3.0_Beta_PureJava.zip
    732.2 KB · Views: 2,054
  • GLydian_Ver1.4.0_PureJava.zip
    751.3 KB · Views: 3,362
  • GLydian_Ver1.4.0_Windows.zip
    982.6 KB · Views: 5,845
  • GLydian_1.4.0.PNG
    GLydian_1.4.0.PNG
    450.5 KB · Views: 120,737
  • GLydian1.4.2_CR.jar.zip
    801 KB · Views: 4,078
  • GLydian.jar.zip
    851.7 KB · Views: 2,002
Hi Folks,
Sorry for the delay. New version is almost done with lot of changes. New look and bug fixes and more.

As far as I can tell, Java 1.5 is only available for OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher. I have 10.3.9 (Panther) and I can only find an update of Java 1.4.2_12.
Am I outta luck for using GLydian?

Scott

Hey,

Thanks for the software, I haven't really tried it yet because I'm still new to the G Major. Can you edit the global settings and MIDI with the software?

Also do you know haw to use the KIll Dry? The manual doesn't even mention the setting.

Thanks

I just downloaded the Patch editor and had a look. Seems to be well thought out. I have not hooked up my G-Major as my rig is at my friends where our band practices. Will try it out tomorrow. You mentioned that you liked feedback, so here are my thoughts.
I have a Behringer Vamp Pro. I downloaded the software that Behringer provides and it has a user preset page that I can very readily re-arrange presets. This helps when we rearrange our song list and I can change the order of my presets to the new song list. We change our list dependant on the function we are playing. I really like this feature and wonder if anybody else would think this would be useful?
Anyway, I thank you for this tool, as I hate trying to work within the boundaries of the little menu screens most often found on this type of equipment.
Gary

Very nice and comfortable useful tool.
I tested it a few hours and find a little bug in the "RELAYS"
#1 effects Relay #2
#2 effects nothing and the checkboxes appears vice versa, means checked=open

Thank you

It seems like this place has changed a lot.
Any body care to get this thread to be a sticky some where in the forum :)
Thanks,
Glydian

Stratboy151":17yovaer said:
can you hurry up and beat TC to the Gsystem editor!?

I do not own a G-System, love to get one for its intelligent pitch shift and routing stuff. I think they already have a software editor.
But did not try. Is it better than GLydian?
Suggest me if I need to do any improvements guys!

You know, it's weird. I was never able to get the software to run on my Mac for the longest time. Then, one day, I thought I'd just delete it since it wouldn't run. But something told me to just try it one more time. And wouldn't you know it, it worked! :rock: I'm happy now that I don't have to use that dreaded windows box. Damn Bill Gates. :doh:

How many of you guys using GLydian on Mac and had to buy the http://www.mandolane.co.uk MIDI driver?
I was using it last few months on demo mode without any problem. Suddenly yesterday it said that the demo mode is expired and asked me to buy it. What the hack it was only 10 bucks and I went ahead and purchased it, thinking that I get the licence file rightaway and continue my work. Damn now it says it'll take 3 days to send me the file. :thumbsdown: This is so frustrating... :aww:
Let me know your experience with mandolane driver.

I'll let you know the status once I get the licence, in 3 DAYs :gethim:

So far no problems with it and I didn't have to purchase anything. I haven't used it much lately, but I didn't even know it was a demo. I thought it was freeware. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

I'm trying to use this software and it's just not working.
I'm using an M-Audio Midisport UNO to connect it.
It seems in the setup of the software (Glydian) that the Midi Out keeps reverting to "Microsoft Midi Mapper" and won't keep my setting of "USB Uno MIDI Out"

I know that the UNO will work for editing patches on my G-Major because I've been using another G-Major editor (not Glydian) and it's worked fine.

Any ideas on why it won't save this setting in the Midi Port Setup?

Are you still developing GLydian?
I have been using it on my OS X 10.5.4 Powerbook with fair amount of success.

There are some bugaboos to workaround however but it works for the most part.
I'm a pretty Mac/Unix savvy and I can help you develop it further on the Mac if your interested.

Back