Switch to full style
Discuss heads, combos, speakers, tubes, effects, stomp boxes, etc...
Post a reply

Epic Bartlett 59

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 2:40am

Lightly aged black over flame 59 LP. This is the first time Tom had done this and we came up with the idea. The only real one in existence belongs to Joe Bonamassa. The story goes that a guy waltzed into Gibson and asked for a black LP in 1960. They grabbed a flame burst and painted it black. Not that I want to emulate Joe in any way, but I just wanted another great LP from Tom---and, I wanted it black. So, we came up with this plan. This one also has a Braz board and I went with Throbak PAF's with the Justin Derrico wind, which are great in front of some gain. As usual, the guitar is over the top awesome. In the sunlight, the remnants of the flame top come through nicely. If you ever get a chance to own one, you won't look back....

Steve

Re: Epic Bartlett 59

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 2:45am

Amazing!!! Any Sound clips?

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 3:25am

Awesome Steve , does this have sunburst under the black finish? What color is your other Bartlett ?

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 4:55am

DIBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 8:01am

Looks Really nice steve.

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 9:02am

Looooove it!!!!!!

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 10:10am

Nice. I'm a year away from mine now...

Steve

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 10:38am

that is awesome! Congratulations and HNGD Steve

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 2:18pm

Thanks for posting Steve. Awesome as usual! I've been missing your gear threads.

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 2:23pm

Just plain awesome!!!! Congrats Bro!

Sat, Jun 28, 2014 11:50pm

yawn

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 12:25am

Headstock pics?

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 12:38am

fretout wrote:Headstock pics?

+1

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 12:48am

Nice Steve. :thumbsup:

Hope all is well!

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 12:49am

Epic is right, beautiful.

:rock:

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 2:34am

:doh:

---------

Nice score Steve :)

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 8:55pm

Congrats Steve!!! That is a work of art!!!
Tom is the man. I love my 59!!!

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 10:51pm

155 wrote:yawn

fuck on off to another thread if you don't have anything decent to say.

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 10:52pm

Nico wrote:Congrats Steve!!! That is a work of art!!!
Tom is the man. I love my 59!!!

I agree. He's the best of the best on the 59's.

Sun, Jun 29, 2014 10:54pm

Congratulations. You win the "let's be a dick" award for today.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 3:54am

Really cool with a black top. I love the shit out of it.. would give my left nut for one.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 8:17am

Why is asking to see the headstock so offensive?

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 9:30am

:thumbsup: gorgeous guitar Steve - amazing

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 10:26am

ejecta wrote:Why is asking to see the headstock so offensive?

Agreed. And isn't it ironic that this guys says someone else won dick of the day.
Apparently he hasn't had his coffee yet....
Most of us look at those pics and say, so what, another black Les Paul.
We're dicks if we don't get excited. :doh:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 10:54am

Looks awesome :thumbsup: Attention to detail is something that this OCD person can really appreciate :lol: :LOL:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 11:36am

Badronald wrote:

Agreed. And isn't it ironic that this guys says someone else won dick of the day.

It's because it's a replica and Gibson has gone after some of them.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 11:45am

johnpace2 wrote:
Badronald wrote:

The whole hiding the of the headstock and or logo's on these "replicas" is just too fucking funny. :lol: :LOL:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 11:50am

ejecta wrote:
johnpace2 wrote:
Badronald wrote:

The whole hiding the of the headstock and or logo's on these "replicas" is just too fucking funny. :lol: :LOL:

You bet
People who get chinese LP copies get bashed because they don't get real LPs
But I guess if your copy costs you 6K$ then you're ok

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 1:10pm

Business wrote:
ejecta wrote:
johnpace2 wrote:
Badronald wrote:

You bet
People who get chinese LP copies get bashed because they don't get real LPs
But I guess if your copy costs you 6K$ then you're ok

Yep!!! :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 3:34pm

Comparing the reaction to a Chinese knockoff to the reaction of an instrument made to the same tolerances, craftsmanship, and unwavering attention to detail as one of the most well respected instruments in History cannot be seen as a logical comparison by adults with active brain cells, can it?

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 3:36pm

dogging a guitar of this caliber is just silly :doh:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 4:39pm

I see reading comprehension is difficult for you.

I did not read one post that dissed the quality of this guitar. It's irrelevant. We just responded to the original posters irrational reaction to a question as well as a 'yawn' post.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 5:08pm

Dude, Steve used to be a guy that shared with us some of his high end purchases, and I for one, dug on living vicariously through him. But I've been getting the feeling, and maybe I'm wrong, that Steve got and is a bit tired and wore out with guys shitting on his threads and the just straight out jealousy. But whatever run off one of the, if not the, coolest members on here.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 5:10pm

Why not put a nice Bartlett headstock on it and be proud of it?

The second next owner is going to sell it off as a real Gibson. "Super rare factory Black Burst"...

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 5:34pm

Looks great Steve as usual!

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 5:58pm

Sexy as hell !!!! Love when you can see the flame under the paint :D I have been eye'n an alpine white with the flame barely showing through. :thumbsup:

Would be cool to add one like that to the collection :yes:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 6:14pm

hoss33 wrote:Why not put a nice Bartlett headstock on it and be proud of it?

The second next owner is going to sell it off as a real Gibson. "Super rare factory Black Burst"...

That would be dumb because they'll make more money selling it off as what it really is...

Steve

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 6:22pm

lester wrote:Dude, Steve used to be a guy that shared with us some of his high end purchases, and I for one, dug on living vicariously through him. But I've been getting the feeling, and maybe I'm wrong, that Steve got and is a bit tired and wore out with guys shitting on his threads and the just straight out jealousy. But whatever run off one of the, if not the, coolest members on here.

Too late for that. His thread here is probably just the icing on the cake or maybe the just jimmies on top. :thumbsdown:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 6:34pm

lester wrote:Dude, Steve used to be a guy that shared with us some of his high end purchases, and I for one, dug on living vicariously through him. But I've been getting the feeling, and maybe I'm wrong, that Steve got and is a bit tired and wore out with guys shitting on his threads and the just straight out jealousy. But whatever run off one of the, if not the, coolest members on here.

LOL!!!!! :hys: :hys: :hys:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 6:36pm

sah5150 wrote:
hoss33 wrote:Why not put a nice Bartlett headstock on it and be proud of it?

That would be dumb because they'll make more money selling it off as what it really is...

Steve

So does it look like a Gibson headstock with the logo and Les Paul sig or does it have a Bartlett headstock? I'm assuming by the responses it's just another small time builder who can't sell enough of his original deigns to guitars players so fucking closed minded and worried what others think abut their gear and forum cred that it has to have that sacred headstock design and logo.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 6:56pm

Almost everyone worth listening to or asking questions to on Rig Talk has long since left. That's why you can keep up with what's going on in this forum in about 10 minutes every other day. Then you'll see the threads you saw two days ago before still sitting in the middle of the page with no further responses to them. I hate to sound like an old geezer but this forum is a sad shadow of its former self. I never thought this forum would go that way, but it did. Hard.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 7:00pm

Chubtone wrote:

Almost everyone worth listening to or asking questions to on Rig Talk has long since left. That's why you can keep up with what's going on in this forum in about 10 minutes every other day. Then you'll see the threads you saw two days ago before still sitting in the middle of the page with no further responses to them. I hate to sound like an old geezer but this forum is a sad shadow of its former self. I never thought this forum would go that way, but it did. Hard.

Just out of curiosity who would that be? These sacred old timers? Seems to be a slap in the face of current members as if some "old school guys" had the only valid opinion.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 7:11pm

ejecta wrote:
Chubtone wrote:

Just out of curiosity who would that be? These sacred old timers? Seems to be a slap in the face of current members as if some "old school guys" had the only valid opinion.

That's it I'm outta here.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 7:41pm

Chubtone wrote:

Brad should the name to Rigbook :yes:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 8:09pm

Heyyyyyu I've been around since just before it was put up for sale and brad was just a wee member :lol: :LOL: . Was the only trusting place to buy and trade with very informative info and cool dudes :aww:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 8:40pm

Doesn't seem like it's "that" anymore. Sad really...used to really enjoy this place

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 8:51pm

Chubtone wrote:

Word.

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 9:08pm

I use to really like this forum because of all the knowledge and the ability to learn from others.

Now all you can learn here is how to be a doushe it seems.

DOUSHE!!!!!!!

If you feel this is directed to you and you need to ask me if I am directing this at you then save yourself the effort and consider yourself accounted for as a complete and utter waste.

:) ;) :D :lol: :LOL: :yes: :thumbsup: :bash: :m9: :doh:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 10:30pm

Oh man, what a bunch of Nancy's.

You call someone out for being a dick and you're the dick. The whole world is upside down. Liberal utopia. :thumbsdown:

Mon, Jun 30, 2014 11:35pm

Yeah this place used to be so cool
Let's keep hanging around here and say how cool it used to be
Post a reply