Let's clean up Rig Talk

TrueTone500

Banned
My cousin commented last night:
"Rig Talk is turning into Harmony Central... You guys need to cool the f#ck-out!"

I think he is 100% correct, and that we are all equally to blame turning such a pointless topic as "Billy Blades" into a complete disaster! I'm not saying members shouldn't voice legitimate concerns about products, but I know we can do it in a more productive, respectful manner. We're ALL better people than that! The choice is yours of-course... If you feel your comments are justified, then make your decision as you see fit. I hope everyone reads this in the positive spirit that inspired it.

Apparently, Rig Talk has no moderating to speak of, otherwise I would suggest deletion of the Billy Blades threads altogether. I propose that we as Rig Talk members judiciously edit our comments according. I'm going to go through and edit comments I have made, along with my quotes. If you feel your comments are justified, than leave them. I personally don't want anyone feeling undue stress or negativity. Why should I? I hope you guys feel the same way as I do, and lets see if we can't get this place cleaned-up! :thumbsup:

You were providing the fuel for that shit-storm. I sincerely hope this is not another trolling attempt on your part. If you are serious, then I really welcome the positive attitude and thumbs up for you. Better late than never...

TrueTone500":3g72g0v8 said:
My cousin commented last night:
"Rig Talk is turning into Harmony Central... You guys need to cool the f#ck-out!"

I think he is 100% correct, and that we are all equally to blame turning such a pointless topic as "Billy Blades" into a complete disaster! I'm not saying members shouldn't voice legitimate concerns about products, but I know we can do it in a more productive, respectful manner. We're ALL better people than that! The choice is yours of-course... If you feel your comments are justified, then make your decision as you see fit. I hope everyone reads this in the positive spirit that inspired it.

Apparently, Rig Talk has no moderating to speak of, otherwise I would suggest deletion of the Billy Blades threads altogether. I propose that we as Rig Talk members judiciously edit our comments according. I'm going to go through and edit comments I have made, along with my quotes. If you feel your comments are justified, than leave them. I personally don't want anyone feeling undue stress or negativity. Why should I? I hope you guys feel the same way as I do, and lets see if we can't get this place cleaned-up! :thumbsup:

Laurens":k4doqyso said:
You were providing fuel for that shit-storm also. I sincerely hope this is not another trolling attempt on your part. If you are serious, then I really welcome the positive attitude and thumbs up for you. Better late than never...
Fixed it for you. :)

I'm equally to blame as many here are... We just need to treat each other with kindness and respect. I'm starting today! :thumbsup:

I think I've cleaned up as much of my negative comments as I can? I can't do anything about quotes posted by others... The charveldan posts alone warrant deletion of the threads, but I don't expect there to be any moderating here. Seems like when Chatter-LA left, so did any moderation.

Off to a good start, this thread will go places & solve things.

How bout True Tones top 10 favorite things to do with a Tranny for starters.

charveldan":21c17ufy said:
Off to a good start, this thread will go places & solve things.

How bout True Tones top 10 favorite things to do with a Tranny for starters.

:LOL: :LOL:

I love these threads for the comical purposes.

Most people who do not care for the lulz probably do not go into those threads.

Time passes and the thread dies. Nothing wrong with that IMO. I highly doubt it makes anyone vow to never go to Rig Talk again.

I would prefer some comical trolling over dickwad anger comments that can also be found on here and other forums. (yes I have been guilty myself of being a dickwad)

But nothing can compare to seeing Charvel Dan flex to the cam and do the Raptor growl. :LOL: :LOL: Keep them coming.

Maybe we could just turn the refugee sub forum into the troll place? Maybe that's what it was for all along idk but it seems the main Rig Talk sub forum gets the most hits on here.

starts with each of of us. maybe if we quit throwing fuel on fire it will flame out?

One doesn't have to read all threads, one doesn't have to reply in all threads. I never read the Billy Blades thread or commented on it but assumed it was drama by the size of it. Ignore it, don't post in it ans it will sink away from view ;)

agreed, RT is slowly turning into Harmony Central and there is a good reason I have been to that board in about 5 years or so

I run the place with a very lenient hand as I understand I have a bunch of free thinkers here. If you guys want TGP type moderation we can do it but people will get upset....like allot.

img12.jpg

abm.sized.jpg

Marine_Recon_animated.gif

FLG017.jpg

tumblr_me1y6s58eO1rkegcao1_500.jpg

marines12.jpg

2nd-Recon-BN-A-Co-2nd-Plt.jpg

1020rosen.jpg

aav.sized.jpg

navy-seal-4.jpg

030622-N-3953L-106.jpg

article-2594627-186E3B0E000005DC-381_634x407.jpg

Navy_SEALs_in_Afghanistan_prior_to_Red_Wing.jpg

navy-seal-photos-sea-assault__16_-620x308.jpg

"RAT SHIT BAT SHIT DIRTY OLE TWAT,

69 MONKEY DICKS TIED IN A KNOT,

EAT EM OUT BUTT FUCK GOBBLE NIBBLE CHEW,

WERE THE MEN OF THE U.S.N. ...WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU" [?]

If you cant make it here GAB and TGP are looking for schoolboy volunteers

Been a LONG time lurker/member and I know it can get a bit tough and rude from time to time here at Rig-Talk, but for the most part, I find this place as a healthy community with few trolls and real honest people just voicing their passion and concerns.

Good guys in my book :rock:

I like this place and its characters.
Dan is an invaluable resource and his hamer of the godz rig pics speak for themselves.
However the pooh flinging gets too be a drag.

There are a lot of good guys here with a lot of skill and knowledge. But the one's with less skill, and knowledge seem to shit on every interesting thread. Those are the ones who need to show more decorum and humility.

I like RT. Not much of a poster, more of an observer. But, one thing I would like to see, is this off topic stuff (like this thread) placed in the off topic area & not in the gear area.

Back